BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

• Community Spotlight Episode 105

It’s that time again! Another fortnight has sped past and it’s time to feature yet more awesome, amazing and awe-inspiring levels from all 3 Level Showcases. We have puzzles, mini-games, platforming and the best from the racetrack…and, although it’s not deliberate on our part, I swear, there’s hardly a heart to be seen…

High Oc-Train (1-4 Player Minigame)
    by  Matthaniel
    The brave sack person that you are, you've just gone spelunking deep in Eagle Peak- a location known for having "curious" occurences. Upon enterîng a large cavern, you find a gargantuan........minigame menu? Special thanks to @princeoflegos, @cnyle1, and @TSFRJ for testing this level, helping with aesthetics, and providing feedback.

All Aboooard! Ha Ha Ha...I I I. Sorry. this level always conjures up Ozzy Osbourne's "Crazy Train" for me. It's actually fitting for this level though. Probably one of the most unique survival levels you'll find. You start off in an old train tunnel and the objective is quite simple, dodge the trains! Now it starts off really easy. You see the train coming and you hop off the track, but in only a few minutes, trains are blazing by light greased lightning across all three tracks! You'll frantically be moving forward and back trying to avoid being pulverized. An awesome level that you simply must play.

biorogue

Wow, this train dodging survival challenge will certainly keep you on your toes. The trains may start off slowly enough for you get a rhythm going (and admire the detail on the trains themselves) but it’s not long before they’re thundering by relentlessly, one after another, almost faster than you can see them and then, what’s this? Oh noes, the roof starts to fall in and you’re dodging rocks too! Mayhem and disaster follow! This is actually even more fun in multiplayer where there’s a third hazard thrown into the mix: laughing so hard at your friends getting splatted that you get splatted yourself… Fast, furious and a huge amount of fun.

shropshirelass

A train survival! (without bombs!) This one is very deceptive starting off at a nice easy pace as you skip across the three layers avoiding trains, but don't be fooled. All of sudden, the pace picks up and you'll have trains flying by left and right like a high speed rush hour on rails. You'll have to be super quick with the analogs to shift layers or you'll find yourself plastered to the front of the cow catcher. And if you manage to get past all of this, the ridiculously high speeds of the trains begin to cause large boulders to fall! Who knew playing on the tracks could be so much fun?! (Don't try this at home)

stryder12

The Calamitous Clock: The North Tower
    by  shookie_monster
    [Platformer/Race, One Player Recommended] The adventure continues as you explore the north tower of the Calamitous Clock. Grandpa has given you special power over Mechanicas. Use L1 to control various contraptions as you make your exodus and begin a new journey outside the clock.

It's time to once again journey into the wondrous world of the clock keepers. We've made our way to the North Tower of the great time piece and are confronted with a new set of obstacles and challenges. But fear not, for Shookie is here to help and has given us the ability to control the very contraptions that will kill us. Sounds cruel doesn't it? It's not. It really is fun as you are in direct control over all the specially marked objects and will need to move them in and out, up and down, left to right, and all around in order to make it to the end. This is as about a solid of a platformer you'll find and the design style is simply awesome. Play it!

biorogue

Your adventure through the Calamitous Clock continues with more polished platforming and mellow visuals. The ability to control some of the clock’s moving parts adds an interesting new dimension to the gameplay and also real potential for disaster if you have an uncanny knack of pressing or releasing L1 at precisely the wrong time *cough*. The race mode only adds to the pressure fun and there’ll be plenty of near misses and satisfying triumphs, as you make your dash for the finish line and the exit from the clock. Shookie has a real talent for creative gameplay mechanics and he’s on top form in this level. It’s fun, challenging and stylish and deserves so many more plays than it currently has.

shropshirelass

Oh boy! Already another installment of The Calamitous Clock! This one picks up right where the other left off as you journey through the north tower using your new mechanical powers. By using this handy dandy power, you can flip a hazardous spiky platform out of the way or pop spinning gears out to swing across a gap. Along with adding some ingenious new contraptions, Shookie continued with some visuals with twisting gears and ringing bells. I took a bit too long admiring the scenery and forgot that ticking clock in the upper right hand corner as my bonus race points slowly slipped away. Strongly encourage everyone to give this one a shot, but hurry, time's a wastin!

stryder12

Bounce of Galaxy! (Platformer!) ONLY 1 PLAYER
    by  LBPCreatorKit
    this is my new level! Its a Platformer in Space! Its a new theme! Co-Creator is: ******-Dannit Helpers: @Chaosgear @ThePurpleWaffle Music by @IChaosClay! Only 1 Player!!

Wow! That sure is a lot of bounce pads! I got curious and decided I would count them to see how many were in this level. Um, I lost count then had to start over then gave up. It's hard to count while bouncing and avoiding obstacles at the same time. The level is awesomely designed and I think could've ranked high in our "no floor platformer" contest held a ways back. There's no story here that I recall, no rhyme or reason as to why this space station is filled with bounce pads other than, why the heck not? Bounce pads are awesome! This is a great level that will delight you in every way. So go ahead, go get your bounce on!

biorogue

Man this level was a blast! LBPCreatorKit has us bouncing around like an ultra-hyper kangaroo fitted with springs in this intense level loaded with bounce pads. As you fly from one bounce pad to the next, pay close attention to the colors of each one because certain ones will give you just enough height to avoid being crisped up by some hot metal. You also can't miss the background scenery resembling some form of exotic space station, or the intricately detailed hovering crafts that allow you to swing over a large gap. Time's ticking in this one as well so hurry on over and maximize your score in the Bounce of Galaxy.

stryder12

I really try not to spoil gameplay when trying to describe a level. So… um… this level may or may not contain bounce pads. run, jump, bounce and platform your way across a rather well laid out… er… trashy space station? That's a thing right? Anyways Race lovers will really get into this as it's fraught with danger and precise timing and air control will result in getting on that scoreboard!

Mr. Fusion

Flint (Puzzle Platform)
    by  SasukeUchica
    In a cold and grey city, Flint stumbles across something strange and new. As he moves to claim his new find, it is cruelly snatched away by the winds. So begins the journey of Flint... ---- Original music by Festerd_Jester (Flint)

Whoa! Two seconds into this level and I was hooked! You know, there's just something elegant about this style of silhouette level that just proves that you don't need to use every piece of deco in your popit to make an outstanding level. The design is minimalistic and gorgeous. That's not to say there isn't plenty to look at, because there is. There's all kinds of cool mechanisms and contraptions to amaze you, just they're silhouetted and have that flat black look. It's awesome! Oh, about the level. Your character finds something interesting in this world only to have it flitter away. As he goes in search of this thing, he will encounter room after room of challenging puzzles. A few of these rooms will make you curse out loud but it's fun the whole way. Check it out, you'll love it!

biorogue

So cool to see this awesome Vita level recreated in LBP2. As in the Vita version, the combination of puzzles and platforming in this stylish level will have you both scratching your head and honing your reflexes. It has the same slightly unsettling, melancholy feel. It’s set in a murky silhouette world where danger lurks and enemy bots are on the prowl. You must control a small robot and get him through the obstacles in his way and past the waiting guards – and all with the clock ticking against you. One false move and you’re back to the start! It’s ingenious, looks fantastic and has great depth to the gameplay. I particularly love the way the back story gets a little more room in the LBP2 version. Definitely a level to savour.

shropshirelass

I seem to have missed out on this excellent level on the vita, but I'm glad that SasukeUchica brought it over to ps3 because it was sure a fun and challenging level to go through. In this puzzle-platformer, you'll have to use your head in order to make sure all of the blocks and other keys are positioned properly, and in the right order to make it through the complex sections. Another interesting twist was the ability to control the enemy sackbots, in order to move them to a different location to open a door. Though I also found it quite satisfying to jump them into the spikes when I was stumped on various sections of the level. Check this one out! You won't be disappointed!

stryder12

HYPER HEXAGON (Single Player)
    by  Pirmaut
    My Reinterpretation and Tribute to the original Super Hexagon Game by Terry Cavenagh.Reach the Best Score and Ascend to the Highest Level:The greatest of all the Shapes,The perfect and endless Six sided Hexagon! For a Perfect Experience and Gameplay Without Lag,is HIGLY RECOMMENDED TO PLAY IN SINGLE PLAYER.CONTROLS:L1-R1 to Move the Ship.ORIGINAL MUSICS BY:FESTERD JESTER,VELVET AUDIO,WEIRDYBEARDY and MASTABLASTYA.VOICES BY:LEKLACK. (thx guys.thx to all my friends)

Gah! I think Pirmaut hates me. The level drove me absolutely nuts, but it's just so dang fascinating and addictive. I must've restarted this level at least eighteen times before I finally passed level one! The gameplay is simple really. You have a little ship that you rotate around a hexagon while different bars move in towards you. There are openings that you must sneak through or else you're toast. You have to be quick on your toes as these bars move in at increasing speeds and oh yeah, the screen also rotates! It's a lot of fun and the design is cachakity pow, which means awesome. It's so sleek and futuristic, even the title and menu are phenomenal and offer a host of options. Then we have the wonderful voice work of leklack for an added bonus. Get ready for an amazing game that will test both your reflexes and mental stability.

biorogue

Oh geeze... Not another addicting level! Upon reading the controls (L1 left, R1 right) I was confident I would be able to breeze several waves no problem, but this was not the case. This game, properly titled Hyper Hexagon, has you begin as a point and rotate around a hexagon as hazardous bars move inward toward the hexagon. Dodge enough, and you'll begin to progress through the level. What makes this level so incredibly addicting is the simple, but fun gameplay and the ability to start from your highest achieved level. I have a feeling this will be one of those levels I will constantly be coming back to and trying to top my highest progress.

stryder12

When I was younger I remember playing a FPS for the first time and getting SUCH a headache, a nauseous spinning type of headache. The same feeling I got within 3 seconds of playing this level! But it's one of those annoying things, because like a handful of M&Ms and Pretzels, you know it's not going to end well, but you can't resist going back for more! Simple controls and premise result in a finger twitching, over thinking every move type of challenge that you will try again and again, after your head stops spinning...

Mr. Fusion

Also from the Showcase...
    Played everything in the Spotlight and still looking for more?
    These levels stand out from the crowd for a variety of reasons, so be sure to check them out!

• [LBP2] A fascinating journey awaits you as you make your way through this most unusual space station. The main gameplay mechanic will absolutely floor you in [SP1 Space Station] by TheOficialKing
    • [LBP2] All Aboard! Take a wonderful ride on a magnificent train through Big Thunder Mine by Matthaniel The environments here are simply gorgeous. Don't miss out!
    • [LBP2] Who's up for a challenge? You may think you are but this level will tell you otherwise. You'll have to switch back n forth between ceiling walking and floor walking in this challenging, clever and fun level called Force of Attraction by DreJ1212
    • [LBP2] You control a scout vessel that is sent to explore this strange desolate world. You find out it's not so desolate after all. Excellent platforming and level design await you in Parabolic: Organica by Aratiatia
    • [LBP2] An awesome music gallery with a very cool design, is what's in store for you when you pop into Curi's and Attack's Musictable by CuriousSack
    • [LBP2] Oh yeah, the days of old are revisited with this level! A very nice and challenging 2D shooter is yours when you queue up Peace Denied Stage 1( 8 bit action shooter) by Mr_Hijinx
    • [LBP2] Stepping inside this deadly temple will put your platforming skills to the test. The traps are plentiful and oh so tricky, but overcome them and the riches could be yours in THE Temple by gjfil
    • [LBP2] Got a keen eye? Schnupsi is back with an all new "hidden object" game and it is stellar. Centered around the "love" theme, you will find 3 really cool rooms in Schnupsi's Hidden Object Game: Love and Valentine by BiggiSchnupsi
    This article was originally published in forum thread: Community Spotlight Episode 105 started by LBPCentralHub View original post
    Comments 11 Comments
      LBPCreatorKit -
      WooooW, thats my first spotlight ever! THANNK you so much ! And thank you for the awesome feedbacks! DD I LOVE THIS COMMUNITY!
      Sasukeuchica -
      Being in a spotlight with my friend pirmaut is awesome! thanks! this really is importans for me! and congrats to all the guys who are spotlighted too. Lbpcentral the best!
      aratiatia -
      Thanks sackboys and sackettes for mentioning my level - much appreciated to be appreciated!
      pirmaut -
      Just One word: Thx a lot for this Guys.

Congratulations to everyone,especially to my friend Simon (Sasukeuchica).
      And I don't want to forget to thank Again: Leklack,Festerd Jester,Weirdybeardy,Mastablastya and Velvet for their precious contribution.
      CuriousSack -
      Yeahh! Thank you soo much for taking our level into the spotlight among all those wonderful levels! This is making us really proud and encourages us to go on creating that way!
      Many greetings to the spotlight team and thanks to the community for playing our musictable!^^
      Jürgen^^
      theIronHorse -
      Yeaaa!! I got spotlighted! Thanks so much for including me in this one It made me happy to see it here, and can't wait to play the other spotlights! EDIT: AND Big Thunder Mine got a worthy mention! Today is getting better and better!
      samprod -
      Not in the showcased levels this time Sad time for sam Great work on choosing this awesome levels anyway Congrats everyone
      gjfil -
      That's awesome :-D
      Thx :-)
      Mymagic1212 -
      I could only dream of being on here ^~^" I'm nothing but a simple costume maker i'm afraid...
      choeb -
      Congratulations to all picked creators.
      Thanks to lbpc for giving more great alternative in contrast to the ingame cool page.
      avundcv -
      Yay! Congratulation to the creators of the spotlighted levels! Great job! And also a heart to the crew