BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

• Community Spotlight Episode 106

Welcome one and all to the latest Spotlight luxury hamper filled to the brim with goodies from the Level Showcase. Dig in and enjoy these amazing creations. This fortnight we actually have 4 music gallery levels in the PS3 section, including two with full spotlights – a record. So there’s plenty to delight your ears as well as some challenging paltforming to keep those fingers limbered up. Enjoy!

Houdini's Great Robbery - Act 3 - Part 1 : Red or Green?
    by  samprod_psx
    You finally reach an entrance to Houdini's house, but you just land in the cellar. You now have to find a way to reach the top of the house, but be carefull they are many secrets hidden out there, and you will some of Big Boss Droid on your path. This story level is a pure LBP2 platformer with a lot of hidden bubbles, and a race to unlock with a sticker. Have fun along your way, and try not to die during the visit. .::MUSIC BY FESTERD_JESTER::.

Straight out of the gate this level hits you with a simple premise, some tricky light sensors that change platforms locations when you walk or jump past. So a seemingly simple jump across a gap requires a little more thought than just jumping happily about, you need to keep an eye on the light's colour as well as the platform colours so you can plan ahead. Couple this with a crisp design a you're certainly in for a fun time!

Mr_Fusion

I've always been fascinated with not only magic in general but the intriguing life of one Harry Houdini. Houdini was born the son of...wait, why am I writing a bio on Houdini? I'm here to tell you about this wonderful level. If you haven't been following the series, shame on you! If you have, then you're in for a treat as I think this may be the best part yet. You begin this portion in the cellar of the great magician's mansion and will platform your way through a fantastic environment full of very fun gameplay. The way can be tricky as Houdini doesn't want anyone to see his secrets. For an excellent level with varied and well balanced gameplay, look no further.

biorogue

In this series, samprod has come on in leaps and bounds and with this latest instalment he’s really come into his own. He uses a single gameplay mechanic, the light sensor switching whatchamacallits much better described by Mr_Fusion :P to great effect, creating a series of fun challenges. The trick is not so much working out which switches to activate, as not accidentally switching them off again as you fall, trip, or generally do something incompetent. And what with bonus prize bubbles and a race mode there’s plenty to make you want to replay. It’s fun, clever and made me think – all the things I like best in a level. I can’t wait to see what rabbits Sam pulls out of Houdini’s hat for the finale to this series.

shropshirelass

Silhouette of Elements
    by  JustinArt
    Journey through the ancient cavern, frozen lake, windy islands, and infernal volcano. Can you survive the cave guardian, slippery ice, spike thorns, and deadly lava? All custom music made by me. May take 15-20 minutes depending on level skill. Each element, except earth, has two secrets

If I had to describe this level in one word, that word would be "Epic." This level will have you traversing four worlds themed around one element each. There is the "fire" world that, for a lack of a better term, is awesome! You'll be deep within the earth and have to outrun a lava flow while also flipping switches and trying to avoid certain death. The element of wind was truly amazing and may have been my favorite section. Ride the updrafts and avoid the obstacle laden landscape in order to be triumphant over this element. The visuals in all the sections are breathtaking and there is no doubt that you'll be in awe of this level. Queue it now.

biorogue

JJustinArt has always liked to do things on a grand scale and this level is no exception! It’s essentially 4 levels in one as you tackle each of the elements of earth, fire, water and air in turn. It’s all done in a gorgeous silhouette style with each element given its own individual quality. I particularly liked the water section which had a frozen beauty: all frosty blue, silver…and slippery, with the odd the fossil for decoration. Fire is pretty cool too, though not literally as your path lies through bubbling lava fields. The gameplay is cleverly adapted to each of the elements and earth has the most benign looking boss I can remember! If you’re devious you can adapt the order in which you tackle the elements to try and boost your score, though to be honest this level is more about the overall experience than about the end score. The marriage of story, style and music is beautifully done. Class work.

shropsirelass

FJ's Music Gallery - Vol. 6
    by  Festerd_Jester
    Well... After many months of deliberation and support from my friends, I finally decided to publish what may be my last gallery. I hope you like my new songs... I aimed at the more epic, euphoric feel, so maybe some suprises for any that are already familiar with my sound :) Perhaps youll be so bored, you'll button bash and accidentally cheat your way to a secret song! Anyways. I dedicate this gallery to my closest friends on LBP. You know who you are... Thanks Links! YOU ARE A BOSS!

It's always so hard to write reviews about music galleries… and much harder to pick them for a spotlight. It normally comes down to a) is the music good? b) is it presented well c) is is set up in a way that help other creators out with ideas or the actual songs themselves. As usual; FesteredJester knows what the sackopolis wants. Such a prolific music creator and so open with the creations themselves, all adds together to make yet another stand out selection of music that all serious creators should drop by to take a listen to! So crowns off to FJ!

Mr_Fusion

Pow! This music gallery smacks you right in the face with its near seizure inducing visuals. You'll be mesmerized at first and it may take you a few moments to break that hypnotic spell before you realize just where you are. You, my friends, are in an amazing music gallery. The menu is tight and the music fantastic. Do your ears some justice and hop yourselves in this level now.

biorogue

If this is indeed Festered_Jestered’s swansong, then what a way to go! Stunning presentation and truly memorable tunes. I loved Indigo in particular – just haunting and beautiful - but they’re all amazing. Music is such a subjective thing but there’s no denying the quality of every song in this gallery from one of the game’s legendary musicians. True talent.

shropshirelass

Abandoned Sewer
    by  alain251
    I present you "Abandoned Sewer" - Platformer - 1P recommanded - Difficulty : medium ----- Special Thanks : @Velvet--audio and @IchaosClay for the musics. My friends for testing and advices.

A sewer is hardly a place I normally would like to spend my time, but I didn't mind my trip through these ones. A seneic sightseeing holiday through a world of slimy walls, dripping goop and deadly green gasses was while, not a pleasant place to be, fun none the less. Well placed bounce pads and grabbing sections propel you through this smelly place, where fast reflex are rewarded with some big points. So put a clothes peg on your nose and dive on in… but you may want to run a bath afterwards.

Mr_Fusion

To be honest, when I first saw the name of this level, my initial thought was, "aren't ALL sewers abandoned?" Upon entering this sewer I thought, "wow, this is quite nice for a sewer! A big screen TV here, a couch over there and maybe a chair or two and I could definitely live here!" Indeed you could because as far as sewers go, this is top of the line. Going through this sewer is very exhilarating as the gameplay is very fun and at some points, challenging. No need to plug your nose in this sewer, it's clean! Queue it, play it.

biorogue

Lol, bio, are you on some kind of commission for selling lots in this sewer or something? Not to say it’s not a very nice sewer as sewers go. There are an awful lot of hazards though, and I’m not sure I would want to live somewhere where I was quite so likely to get squished, gassed or dripped on by green goo – but each to his own. This is a beautifully put together fast platformer with lots of opportunities to show off your psychic abilities and avoid the hazards around the corner... that or die and learn your lesson *cough* It’s clever and well-paced with some cool challenges and the design is pretty slick. Play it – I’m sure you’ll have fun, sewer or no sewer!

shropshirelass

BEETLEJUICE
    by  HELLYEAH1982
    Take a step in the most creative adventure that you will never forget. Based on Tim Burton's film and the cartoon series, also with a cover of the Original Soundtrack by Danny Elfman... Behold BEETLEJUICE. ----^ thanx to bia_paiva for been with me in all the creation time. ^----

Oh wow, crazy camera angles and colour schemes abound in this 80's inspired butronesque platformer. Strange contraptions and zany music adds to the chaotic nature of it all also. Be on your toes around Betelgeuse he is a slippery and mischievous fellow and the world he inhabits is fraught with danger. Some very tense novel platforming awaits you, with some very tricky sections, one of my favourite is very early on you run in place to move, while jumping dangerous gaps that you make appear under your own feet. Er… that's the only real way I can explain it… but it makes sense just don't trust Betelgeuse, because you never want to say his name three times, if you do say Betelgeu- Wait. phew! that was close.

Mr_Fusion

Get ready for the most surreal adventure of a lifetime! One part creepy, two parts crawly and 10 parts fan-dang-tastic! You have just stepped into the warped world of one Beetlejuice and you better have your wits about you if you intend on escaping this demented land. Being a fan of the film and the animated series, I was very impressed with spot on craftsmanship of these characters. The gameplay is fun and teeth grinding challenging at the same time and then when you get to that deranged lunatic himself, whoa boy, lookout! That dude is mean. Awesome level! Go check it out.

biorogue

The moment the first checkpoint spits you out into this level and you’re standing in front of a gaping mouth, a large epiglottis dangling just overhead, you know this is going to be no ordinary level. It’s big, bold and gloriously grotesque. That rather startling first appearance from Beetlejuice is by no means his last. In fact he’s woven into the level in so many clever ways from the glarey-eyed checkpoints to dangerously drumming fingers, faintly macabre dangling puppets whose feet you must grab and, my favourite, as a huge figure into whose cupped palms you have to jump. And of course, he’s the final horrid and hairy boss. The level is just full of brilliant and quirky design and cool and challenging platforming. It’s wonderfully bizarre and has all the comic horror and creativity of the original film.

shropshirelass

Intergalatic Operations
    by  theevilpenguins
    ou are sent on a mission to repair the satellites on the Xepher space station. Will you be able to help or die trying? Music made by Ichaosclay. Logo made by OMGYOUWOULD. BEST with one player but will work with 4 players. Thankx so much for testing and ideas to all my friends.

This stage is very tightly packed full of platforming goodness. Switches galore and small gameplay sections that you double back over numerous times to unfold or move a piece of scenery, before being able to progress through an intricate high tech space station. Your mission is to restore communications so that you can go back home with your head held high knowing you completed your task. The environment, when not jam-packed with little bounce trolleys, buttons, and bits to grab, also houses secrets that reward the observant and clever players… so that counts me out. I only found a few.

Mr_Fusion

Mmm, mmm, mmm! I just love me a good spacey wacey sci-fi platformer and this one fits that bill perfectly. Your mission is simple enough, visit the space station and repair the satellites. Here's where it gets a little bit tricky. The satellites are spread throughout the level and you have you platform your way through, over, under and around some imaginative contraptions. The level is decorated to the nines and I really felt like I was aboard some cool space station. This level gets three "whoa's" from me!

biorogue

Looks like there is a bit of a situation at the Xepher space station--the satellites are down and need to be repaired ASAP. Though a quick programming adjustment or simple button combination may seem logical for a satellite repair, it just wouldn't be as fun as bounding about moving platforms suspended above some good ole high voltage electricity. Challenge accepted. Along with the brilliantly crafted gameplay which flows as smooth as the electric current in the level, theevilpenguins really hits the spot on the design of the satellite. The techno music playing in the background also fits perfectly providing that electric vibe. I assure you fellow sackfolk, that you are in for a positive experience.

stryder12

Deep in the Forest
    by  dansku1698
    Deep in the Forest, is a secret cave which has been only a legend - until now. You have to cross many dangerous obstacles while trying to make your way through to the mystery cave . Can you find all the secret bubbles?

This is a short level, actually a very very short level. It's packed full of detail and moving contraptions that fling you towards the scoreboard. The challenge is not in finishing it, the challenge is in exploring the paths that you find yourself on and grabbing the sparse collection of point bubbles that are tucked in out the way places. An interesting approach to a level, which is more about replaying than trying to get to the end.

Mr_Fusion

Scenery is what this level is all about. Gorgeous, lush, jungle scenery. Blink and you may miss it though because this short level gets fast really quick. I really enjoy romps like this. No story, no character development, just good platforming goodness. The level has a nice little balance of run and jump and "hold on to your britches" gameplay that I just adore and I hope you will too. Play it, you'll love it.

biorogue

Agreed Mr. F, if you really want to make it on the top of that scoreboard, you need to do some hunting around to find the hidden score bubbles. That being said, it was still a fantastic level with some very interesting gameplay. I was expecting the typical jumping and swinging-type gameplay when I saw it was a forest one, but in dansku1698's forest, there's a lot more excitement! This gameplay is accompanied by some top notch scenery characteristic of mysterious forest and a rather funky tune that adds to the eeriness. With under 200 plays, this a hidden gem you should definitely check out.

stryder12

Mastas Technic Tunes
    by  MastaBlastya
    Welcome to Mastas Terrific Technic Tunes Gallery lol. Please enjoy your visit as you are taken into the future with these technic tunes :D All 30 songs are collectible ( Just press square over the highlighted song) ( Credits L-I-M-I ( Logic help ...THANK YOU ^^ ) Axmayo_01 ( Music Player Logic ) Thanks guys

Whoa! Kind of don't know what to say here. There have been a lot and I meant A LOT of music galleries posted here recently and I have to say, this one stands out for a couple of reasons. The menu for one. My gosh! The menu looked so sleek and inviting I just wanted so bad for it to lead to a platforming area of the same design so that I could play around in it. Second, the music. All brilliantly crafted thirty tracks are collectible and are a pure delight for the ears. Warning, the level is sometimes hard to load but trust me, it's worth it.

biorogue

Wow! For this one you really need to just take a moment, turn up your volume, and enjoy some truly excellent music (dancing around your tv is optional, but you might not be able to resist). Mastablastya provides us with another gallery not 10, but 30 songs! So I'd recommend clearing some room in your goodie bag because these tunes are all wonderful and are being shared! I imagine we'll be seeing these tunes in the future fitting in perfectly with all of the new high-tech crossplay bits and bobs. A stellar presentation and easily navigable gallery, check this one out for sure!

stryder12

Lol, how about dancing around your ironing board? Also optional, but having these tunes playing in the background certainly makes ironing less dull! LBP is full of truly talented musicians at the moment and creators have an amazing library of music to call on for their levels. The excellent music from Mastablastya and stunning presentation make this gallery stand out though. Nice to see musicians getting recognition for their work and the generosity with which they share it.

shropshirelass

Also from the Showcase...
    Played everything in the Spotlight and still looking for more?
    These levels stand out from the crowd for a variety of reasons, so be sure to check them out!

This article was originally published in forum thread: Community Spotlight Episode 106 started by LBPCentralHub View original post
    Comments 9 Comments
      theevilpenguins -
      Thank you alot for the pick guys. Also thanks for the mature detailed feedback that you always leave on the levels you play. That is what keeps me creating.
      HellYeah1982 -
      Thanx!!! alot guys for the Spotlight!!, im so happy u guys are great!!! also thank you for the feedback on the level that help me alot to make it better, thanx again!! peace and love!!!
      alain251 -
      woW thank you very much for the spotlight By the way, congrats to everybody else ^^
      tevlon1 -
      Thanks for mentioning my music Gallery Congrats to the rest! All great levels.
      Omgyouwould -
      Thank you for the honorable mention guys! I appreciate this. Thank you! Congrats to everyone else on there awesome level!

- OMGYOUWOULD
      samprod -
      Thanks a lot for the spotlight Congrats to every other spotlighted levels and showcased too
      Festerd_Jester -
      oh wow lol.. i never even knew XD I found this just surfin about! Thank you so much LBPcentral!
      choeb -
      Grats to all picked and mentioned Creators.
      The crew made again a great and worthy choice.
      L-I-M-I -
      Packed fat of awesome, gots to queue me some Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetle.... Nope I won't do it, I won"t say Beetlejuice a third time. Darn it