BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

• (LBPC15) The New Years Change

(LBPC15) THE NEW YEAR'S CHANGE

2018 is coming, and along with it, a whole new year full of new and exciting things. And maybe even scary ones...

We want you to create a level that incorporates a change in a character's life or environment.
    Will 2018 suddenly be full of peaceful aliens, due to a new contract Earth signed with the Galactic Federation?
    Or will 2018 be a lovely new year for a dog that now has a family?
    Or will Bob move out of his town to an unknown abandoned city full of scary ghosts?

Whatever it is, we want to see THE CHANGE! If it’s a bad change, how did your character(s) solve the problem? If it’s a good change, what we’re things like before it happened?
    Show us in a single, story driven level. You may include cinematics if you like, but we will be judging the interactive gameplay of your level.
    The winner will receive a rare LBPC Pin and Crown!

RULES

• Create one original, previously unpublished level. No level links allowed.
    • Levels must be playable. Movies are allowed, but the -play- are also part of the contest.
    • Levels must be single player compatible, not a Versus level.
    • Publish your levels by 11:59pm GMT February 12, 2018, and include the text “(LBPC15)” in the title of the level
    • Post LBP.me links to your levels in this thread, so we’re sure not to miss them!
    • You can only submit one entry.
    • After the deadline, do not republish. Levels republished after the deadline will be disqualified. Exceptions may be made for quick fixes with respect to level titles, description, badges, but only with the prior consent of the contest crew. If you need to request an edit, please post in this thread or send me a PM.
    • Last but not least, have fun, play fair and respect other creators, LBPC members, Judges and Staff! (Contestants banned from LBPC at any time during the period of the contest are automatically disqualified from it).

82100DF8-DF5C-4A22-B177-379F5E7D2349.jpg
    This article was originally published in forum thread: (LBPC15) The New Years Change started by Pookachoo View original post
    Comments 63 Comments
      jwwphotos -
      Sorry, but I believe the contest isn't for the Vita. How would the judges, judge it? Especially if their Vita is at their brother's house. lol

Have him ship it to you!!
      mdkd99 -
      Haha, I still have my Vita and I could play it.

But I'm afraid it's LBP3 only.
      Pookachoo -
      Yes, sorry but it does have to be LBP3. We wouldn’t really be able to fairly judge a Vita level next to other LBP3 levels.

If your in the US, you should check out flat rate shipping options with the postal service. It would be important to pack the PS3 very carefully so it doesn’t get damaged, and you’d want to check on insurance options just in case, but you could probably ship it safely for under $20 - if that’s in your budget and having your console is worth it.
      CuriousSack -
      And while waiting for your PS3 you could play some awesome vita levels! You can find some ideas in the vita section!
      lsrs -
      Starting to worry that there will only be 2 entries xD hope more come in soon! I quite like the theme of the contest.
      mdkd99 -
      Yeah, looks like this contest won't have that many entries. I also like this idea, but it seems that some people (Who would want to participate in a contest) don't quite understand it/aren't interested here.
      Hanfi1311 -
      Wow, just 2? And that for a crown contest?

I remember LBPC2 long ago, my first contest, there were over 150 entries...
      http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...st-of-Entrants
      blacksackman -
      Well LBP3 is old and the buggy state of the game has resulted in many creators abandoning the game. It also has to do with the time of the year, some periods are busier than others for people. This contest will probably be the last one so why not extend the deadline? It might encourage more people to do quick entries - that may also be very good depending on the effort.

I have an original idea lying on my moon that I first sketched down before LBP3 was even released. It may fit in the criteria but don't expect any story or fancy visuals. It's just pure gameplay you haven't seen before stitched together into a level with a simple design. I'm not sure if I will get enough time to make the length acceptable. But if all goes well I might enter with that level. It will be my last level in LBP3, before quitting as a creator altogether until Dreams comes out. It's up you folks behind the contest to decide whether to extend the deadline or be open to simpler entries. In any case there is already two solid entries and one of them is definitely already a deserving winner.
      Rpg Maker -
      Quote Originally Posted by Hanfi1311 View Post
      Wow, just 2? And that for a crown contest?

I remember LBPC2 long ago, my first contest, there were over 150 entries...
      http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...st-of-Entrants
      There may be other entries It is nothing like the good ole LBP2 days though.
      mdkd99 -
      I found 3 entries on LBP.me and two weeks are still left. One way or another - the contest will count.
      Pookachoo -
      One more:

Quote Originally Posted by MineValubleOres View Post
      My Entry:
      https://lbp.me/v/q2ncn-e/activity

I cant post threads for a reason
      For Pookachoo
      MineValubleOres -
      My link of awewomeness, heir apparent to other contests
      https://lbp.me/v/q2ncn-e/activity

- - - - - - - - - -

Couple of days to go you can do it!
      My saying: 'Fulfill Your Destiny' or 'Fight your longings' + = Success!
      blacksackman -
      My entry is finished!
      Toggle goes through an internal change by learning how to utilize his ability in new ways that we have never seen before! Here's the link.
      I hope you all enjoy it and have as fun playing through the level as I had creating it!
      Lbphart3 -
      I'd like join the contest ,I'm not sure what to make......Could it be like a trailer showing the weather change from summer to winter lol,I'm not good with Contests .

Could we enter a mini game to ?

- - - - - - - - - -

Didn't know what to make so I made a mini game for Valentine's Day here's my link https://lbp.me/v/q2qb9xh/activity I tried to make it go with the theme of the contest .,Good luck to everyone .
      xxAlexInLbpxx -
      Hello everyone.... here is my small entry , enjoy and have fun

Follow Your DreAmS

https://lbp.me/v/q2qbwfp
      lsrs -
      good to see a few more entries come in before the deadline xD
      Pookachoo -
      From @ThomasDorland (new member who hasn’t been able to post yet) https://lbp.me/v/q2q-92n/topreviews?p=1&l=12

- - - - - - - - - -

The contest deadline is tonight so get those levels published!
      You can still post level links over the next couple days, just make sure your level is published - and do not republish after midnight GMT time
      MofoSuperVillain -
      Good luck everyone!

@blacksackman

You left this comment on my level: "Good job but the gameplay idea was copied from @mpggsmpggs and his Quick Change level..."

That particular idea is one that should be copied.
      Lbphart3 -
      Woot good luck every body!!!
      MineValubleOres -
      FULFILL YOUR DESTINY!