BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Apple2012's Fine Blog

Most Regular Months

Rate this Entry
Before I can go over the list and reasons, here's what I have to say: I did enjoy the first two days of college and I'm going to do fine this year, but I understand how serious it's going to be. When I transfer to the university in my town, it's going to get real serious. Also, the reason why I'm writing this entry is because the month of August is almost over, and it would be interesting to let others know about it. I would talk about South Park, but I'll wait until the 90th entry or later.

The list of the most regular months are based on how many days, how many holidays, and the significance. Yes, I am autistic, but an advantage of those who has autism can discover interesting patterns in a calendar, and this is what this entry is about. The months with fewer holidays are usually the more regular months. The months that don't have 31 days are less regular. Remember, a rank of 1 means it's the most regular as a rank of 12 is the most unique.

1. August - Yep! August is the most regular (normal) month of the year. As everyone should notice, there is no holiday, except for birthdays and the first day of school (which isn't really a holiday at all). The heat of the summer isn't why this month is regular, despite having hot days being normal. There are usually no video game releases either. And how many days are there in August? The answer is 31. There are normally 31 days in each month, and August is one of the 8 months where no solstice or equinox occurs. The months with a solstice or equinox is what I call a "transition month", or months where a new season begins. Even though South Park premiered on a day in August as of 1997, there are no new episodes of South Park in the month of August since Season 6. What else is there? August is wholly under Daylight Savings time and it doesn't begin or end a year. Plus, if we divide the year into quarters, either by government fiscal year or the Gregorian Calendar year, August would be right in the middle of the quarter it's part of. It's not the last month of the quarter or the first month of the quarter. This is why August is the most regular month of the year. There's one more interesting thing about the month. In 2012, I written more blog entries in August than any other month.

2. May - May is another month that made it closer to the top of the list. Like August, there are 31 days, no new South Park episodes (except Season 15), it's wholly under Daylight Savings time, it's not one of the four transition months, and it's in the middle of a quarter. However, the reason why May didn't make it to the top of the list is because there are holidays aside to birthdays. The only thing this month has is Cinco de Mayo and Mother's Day. That's it. End of story.

3. July - Like I said earlier, August is the most regular month. It's also in the summer. There's another month that is like August, and it made it up to the top three on this list. If you're wondering what I'm talking about, the answer is July. Yes, it is similar to August because it's in the summer, it has 31 days, and it's wholly under Daylight Savings time. Another month similar to July is June, but that's a different story. The reason why July is in the top three is because there are 31 days, it's not a transition month, there are very few holidays, and the entire month has Daylight Savings time on. There is one major holiday although: It's Independence Day, also known as 4th of July. Now the reason why it's more unique than May is because July is in the mid-year, and it's the first month of a quarter. However, people don't really care about the last day of June or the first day of July, unlike December and January.

4. October - We are getting closer to the most unique months, but October is still one of the most regular months. It's completely under Daylight Savings time, but it's the last month. It's not a transition month, but it's the first month of a quarter. Of course, it's the first month of the government fiscal year and the first month of the fourth quarter, the festive quarter of the year. And what major holiday occurs in October? Halloween. It's my favorite holiday to decorate for, and I enjoy the Halloween theme over other holiday themes. When I was in the 11th grade, I made Halloween crafts as soon as this month came by, and I made them for the girls. This is why one girl interviewed me for the school broadcasting program. But that doesn't matter as of now. October has Colombus Day and Halloween, and it's the first month of the festive quarter and the government fiscal year. On the other hand, there are 31 days and it's not a transition month. That's why it's #4 on the list.

5. March - March is the most regular transition month of the year. It would've made it lower on the list, but I'd prefer putting it up high. It has 31 days, but it has a holiday; St. Patrick's day. It's also the month where you spring ahead (switch from Standard time to Daylight Savings time). It's one of the four transition months (where seasons change), and like the other transition months, it's the last month of a quarter. March would've made it lower on the list, but it has 31 days. That's the key factor.

6. June - June is the sixth month of the year. And what's ironic about that is that it's the sixth most regular month on this list. It's wholly under Daylight Savings time (which is normal for a month), and there's lack of holidays. They have Flag Day and Father's day. But why is it more unique than regular? It's because it's a transition month, where spring turns to summer. It also has 30 days instead of 31 (which isn't normal for a month). It would've been higher on this list, it would've been lower on this list, but the key factors are the Daylight Savings time, transition month, and 30 days.

7. January - January is the first month of a quarter, but there are 31 days in this month, making it more regular. It has holidays (New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day, Inauguration Day), and it's the first day of the year, making it more unique. It's completely under Standard time. In that case, it's more regular because there's no time switch, but most of the year is under Daylight Savings time, so that make it more unique. It would've been higher on this list too, but I feel that winter months aren't really regular at all. It would've been lower on this list, but January is not a transition month, nor is it a month of time switching. It's my personal opinion. Let's carry on.

8. September - This is a transition month like March and June because seasons change. It also has 30 days. It doesn't really have holidays, but it has 9/11 and Labor Day. It would've been higher on the list because it doesn't really have holidays and it's completely under Daylight Savings time, but it's my personal opinion. It has 30 days and it's a transition month. If it made it this low on the list, then June would've been here too, but September is the last month of the government fiscal year and June is not.

9. April - April is not a transition month, and it's under Daylight Savings time (completely). So why is it this low on the list? Well first, there are 30 days. Second, there's a major holiday (and a few others). And it's the month where Jesus was crucified, Abraham Lincoln was assassinated, and Martin Luther King was assassinated. Those three are great role models. Even Abraham Lincoln was assassinated on Good Friday. What else happened? The Titanic sinking. This year, it has a very weird calendar arrangement, where Earth Day was one week after the 100th Anniversary of the Titanic sinking, which was one week after Easter, which is one week after April Fools. They were all on Sunday. It would've made it higher on the list, but there's a lot to this month.

10. December - December is a lot like January. it's a winter month, it's completely under Standard time, and there are 31 days. How is that unique? Well, it's a transition month (where fall turns to winter), it's the last month of both the festive quarter and the Gregorian Calendar year. There's also a major holiday in this month: Christmas. There's also Christmas Eve, New Year's Eve, and most of the time, Hanukkah and Kwanzaa are in this month. Kwanzaa is a harvest festival, which is based on Hanukkah and Christmas. Because of all of the holidays, as well as the seasonal transition and Standard time, December made it very low on this list. How ironic is it because I bought Little Big Planet 2: Special Edition one week after December 2011 began. I also published my level "Hall of Death" that month, but it will be deleted one day. It depends on how "Glow World" is doing.

11. November - November is the eleventh month of the year, and the eleventh most regular month on this list. We can also say "November is the second most unique and the second last month of the year". November made it very low because we have a time switch (where Daylight Savings time ends) very early in the month, and there are 30 days. We also have these holidays: Thanksgiving's Day, Election Day, Veteran's Day, and Black Friday (shopping day). In Animal Crossing, November is the only month that has rain and snow. Usually, it's either you have rain or you have snow, but November is the month where rain and snow can occur. The only thing that makes November more regular is that it doesn't begin or end a quarter, like August and May. What else can I mention about this month? South Park's seasons usually end in November these days, and Season 16 is going to end on November 7th.

12. February - There's no surprise here. February is the most unique month of the year, making it to the bottom of the list. If I went by most unique months, it will be on the top of the list. Why is it down here? It's completely under Standard Time, there are five holidays (which are George Washington Day, Abraham Lincoln Day, President's day, Valentine's Day, and Groundhog's Day), and it has 28 days rather than 30 or 31. And every four years, we have a February the 29th. What else can I say about this month? It's the month of my birthday. I feel lucky to be born in February. I was almost born on Valentine's Day or Abraham Lincoln Day, but at least my birthday is sometimes on Friday the 13th.

That concludes the list of the most unique months. If you would like to comment, feel free to write one.

Updated 09-04-2012 at 10:22 PM by Apple2012

Categories
Entries 81-90

Comments