BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Various Nonsensicals

Circling Choo Choo: Avengers 2

Rate this Entry
Have you seen the trailer for Avengers 2? It’s a pretty neat teaser, especially in how they referenced “I’ve Got No Strings” throughout it. Though, call me a traditionalist, I’ve always preferred “When You Wish Upon a Star.” You know the one. It goes, “When you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires will come to you.”

Wait a minute. Anyone gets whatever they desire so long as they wish upon a star? Anyone? So you’re telling me that if Hitler made a wish, that wish would have come true. Hitler!? OK fine, everyone uses Hitler as their go to evil person of all evil. I suppose I should at least try to be original.

Pol Pot then. There was some ranking list in a magazine some years ago showcasing the spectrum of most evil and most good people in history. If I recall, Pol Pot marked the most negative end of the spectrum. Oddly, Stalin marked the midpoint representative. That’s right. In the grand ranking of most benevolent and most evil individuals of history, Stalin makes the list as neutral. The hell kind of world is this?

On the other hand, it could also be a good thing. I mean, the majority of us are probably at least a little better than the average Stalin, so that means that the majority of people fall on the nice and cuddly end of the spectrum. Although it should make us question what average or normal even mean in a non-mathematical sense if most people are above it, unless we collectively don’t give a poop about such labels in the first place, much like that one girl in that one movie. What was it?

Oh yeah, Sky High. It’s that one movie about the kids who go to high school and they have super powers or something. It’s actually not a bad movie. In fact, I’d almost say it’s underrated. Almost. I’ve only ever seen Sky High on television. At first I thought, “Wow, this is really good for a T.V. movie.” It was obviously made with some love, a bit of self-awareness, Landfill as a bus driver, Bruce Campbell as a gym teacher, and Wonder Woman as the movie’s referential in-joke. However, years later I found out that it was actually released in theaters, so it was not a “made for t.v. movie.” This revelation had the effect of changing the film from one competing with Eddie’s Million Dollar Cook-Off to one now getting its figurative butt kicked by the entire Disney Marvel film franchise.

Speaking of which, have you seen the trailer for Avengers 2?

Updated 09-28-2015 at 08:14 PM by xxMATEOSxx

Categories
Circling Choo Choo

Comments

Hahaha, if these thoughts are activated by only watching the trailer, then I'm not sure, whether I should try to imagine your thoughts after having watched the finished movie!
    Have a lot of fun and many greetings, Jürgen^^