BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Dragonvarsity

Creator Interview: Mr_T-Shirt

Rate this Entry
Hello everyone, here's a new interview for you, this time we interview Mr_T-Shirt, creator of "LBL: 4 in 1 - The Revenge of Killer Quack" and "Mechanical Engineering". anyway, here's the interview.

1. Out of all your levels, which is your favorite?

I'd have to say that my all time favorite level that I made has to be Funktion Junktion, over on my A_Morton account.
I just had so much fun creating that thing and had limitless options on what to do with it. The whole thing makes no sense, and thats the beauty of it. The only thing I could think of for a description for it was "#1 Rule: Have fun!" Plus, just having a level that maintained a 5 star rating after 40,000 plays is a really nice feeling.

2. Are there any levels your working on and if so, could you give us some information about it? (This could be anything from the title, theme, plot, or even picture/teaser of the level.)

Well, I've just published a level called 'Mechanical Engineering' that is my first 'real' level for about 6 months! But I have just started working on something new too! It's a desert themed level that has you driving across the sands, in a storm to eventually finding yourself in a magical cave.
But the thing with me is, I start lots of levels and then never finish them. I just lose interest I guess, but I really like this new one im making so stay tuned!

3. Are there any creators/levels that inspire you to create or that you just think are awesome? (If there are too many to count than just name some of them.)

My #1 LBP inspiration is steve_big_guns. Nearly all of my levels have just been me trying to replicate in some form or another what he does. For example. The start of Funktion Junktion has a wavy floor, Steve had been showing me 'Digitized Reality: The Lab' as he was making it and one part has nearly the same floor structure as Funktion Junktion. I know that's kind of a small thing, but it just goes to show how far his influence spreads, I mean, the floor!? Come on, it takes a genius to get somebody to want to replicate what you do with that!
Some other creators I really like are Lockstitch for his brilliant gameplay and a guy who's name I forget....it's something like Polazzinio or something; anyway he made a series called 'Agent Crazy Sack' which has some of the best stuff I have ever seen in LBP. SERIOUSLY underrated guy, check him out!

4. Do you have any tips on creating or keeping the thermometer low for other creators? If so, what is it? (This can be basic like not using too many materials or corners or can be really specific talking about certain stickers and sound effects you find useful or both.)

Hahaha, Im really the wrong guy to ask for that. My thermo discipline is terrible. My only advice would be to choose 3 or 4 materials and stick to them throughout the level. Other than that, im pretty useless with thermo.

5. If you could add anything to little big planet that you don't think they're already adding, what would it be?

I was just thinking of something earlier actually. Im not sure wether you can do this in LBP2 or not. But having a designated costume for the player would be really cool. My only other suggestion would have been a music sequencer, but, to my delight that is on its way!

6. Is there anything or anyone outside of little big planet that inspires you to create or at least gives you some ideas?

Not hugely no. When im at work I usually just think about what would be cool for a level and what I could potentially make. The only things I can think of outside of LBP is music. Most of my songs in 'Mortons Music Shop' were inspired by songs that I like. 'Mr Mole' for example is virtually identical to a song called 'Mr Moustache' by Nirvana.

7. When and how did you get Little big planet?

I got LittleBigPlanet about a week after it was released. I was reluctant at first, because I didn't really understand what it was. But then I went round to a friends house who had the game and I fell in love with it. To be honest though, the real deal clincher was when I hear Stephen Fry's voice. Then I knew that this game was sent down from the gods.

8. How did you get the name Mr_T-Shirt?

Well, I wanted an alternative account to A_Morton. I never really like that name, it's basically my real name and just seems lazy and uncreative. I wanted a 'Mr' something but couldn't think what, so I looked around my bedroom and saw a white t-shirt hanging up. After I typed it in on the screen it just looked right, plus I thought it was kinda funny too, since it's referencing Mr. T a bit. My first 'Comment' on PSN was "I pity the fool in 100% cotton!"

9. Are there any other games you play besides Little big planet or Little Big Planet 2?

I like to play the Skate series and also enjoy Grand Theft Auto and COD: Modern Warfare 2. But I don't play them nearly as much as I do LBP. Im really looking forward to next month though with the release of Gran Turismo 5! It's going to be amazing!
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

^^^^^
    D'oh. Gran Turismo 5 has been pushed back again! I've had to resort to getting Black Ops instead!
    Nice Interview yet again DV...so many creators i never knew about next time im on ill have a look at some of Mr-T-shirts levels
    I didn't know he got a PSN change.

I loved Funktion Junktion, one of my favorite levels ever.
    Great interview! Black ops is awesome too.