Napero's awesome blog
Project cube diary - 4
by, 02-23-2011 at 05:06 PM (379 Views)
Project cube is my little project to create a rubik's cube in LBP2.
There has been a prettz long time where I didn*t work on this project at all, and then I had some create sessions where I "coded" only one or two of the little squares. Well, now I have all the tag sensors labeled which means that the system itself for the cube should be working (although I still have to change all the selectors to the right colours, they are all on yellow right now)
There won't be any new pictures in this entry since I didn't take any. You might ask me why I didn't take fancy pictures, everyone loves pictures! Well, the progress that I made wouldn't be showing in pictures, basically I just lined up tag sensors and added labels to them. As an example if you take the upper right corner of the yellow side you get the square that I've named Y1. The microchip for that square looks exactly like this (although it is actually the square W3 in the picture)
If you don't really understand logic or don't care how this cube works then you can stop reading here, I won't stab you.
To the right there is a selector going to 6 different tags. All those tags are labeled Y1 (in this example, not in the picture) but have a different colour. Right now it is set to the yellow tag, but it could change. The yellow side in my logic doesn't stay yellow, it's just the side that starts as the yellow side and after that those squares are called the yellow squares even though they could be any colour.
Well okay, a little bit off-topic there. When a tag is activated it sends a signal to the tag sensors (inside those microchips to the left). Those microchips contain all the possible inputs for a square. When the player makes a movement on the cube, it activates the or switch up in the picture, which then activates all the and-switches, making the movement actually happen.
I have to make a signal for all the possible movements and wire up those so that the system can also be used.
After that I will still have to make the visuals, be able to rotate the cube so you can see all sides and also make some simple animations so you can see which side is turning.
The next diary will probably have new stuff, because most of this is now completed. I'm probably just as excited to get this done as... anyone who is really excited to see this done