BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Lord-Dreamerz

Bloody Emitters!

Rate this Entry
at the beginning of my level i been working on there is a piece of holo
with an emitter on it that emits another holo with a set of logic
that emits diffident things randomly... well when i was working today
i noticed that the first emitter stop emitting the next one with the logic,
when i gone to look i notice it's not even showing up in the emit pic????
the thing it was suppose to emit is no longer in it's memory. (ಠ_ಠ)
it's just blank.... sure i still have the things it was emitting in my stuff.
but not the logic i made for it to emit in the logic patterns i had made for it.

Man i really hate emitters sometimes... *mew
Tags: logic
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

  1. tabycatmeow's Avatar
    If you are emitting clear holo with invisible emitters, it will not show up in the round window. you do not have to have the original object stored in inventory at all. this is 3 weeks old so you probably already found that out
  2. Lord-Dreamerz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tabycatmeow
    If you are emitting clear holo with invisible emitters, it will not show up in the round window. you do not have to have the original object stored in inventory at all. this is 3 weeks old so you probably already found that out
    More like that's was not even the problem.
    I know all about that already, and know about that before also. the emitter
    just stopped emitting... I have the level still so i know what I'm talking about.
    there's no data in the emitter anymore... it's just empty now...
  3. tabycatmeow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fumetsusozo
    More like that's was not even the problem.
    I know all about that already, and know about that before also. the emitter
    just stopped emitting... I have the level still so i know what I'm talking about.
    there's no data in the emitter anymore... it's just empty now...
    That's weird, I've never had that happen to me before. I've noticed that if you hit triangle while the on the prize circle that it sometimes deletes what's in the prize. May you did it by mistake and saved and quit with it like that. I'm sorry it happened and I hope you can recreate it. One question, do you have it on emit once and only emit 1 and do not pop oldest? if you do then change it to on/off and hook a power supply to it and toggle the supply off then on. Not sure if that will help but it doesn't hurt to try.
  4. Lord-Dreamerz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tabycatmeow
    Not sure if that will help but it doesn't hurt to try.
    thanks for the help... but seems nothing works...
    it's just dead now... gonna have to remake it...
    also i've found some other odd problems starting to happen in my level lately. :I
    like Holo randomly being able to hit normal objects... it don't make any sense.
    and it don't always happen... *mew
  5. Rpg Maker's Avatar
    Ahhh emitters and I have a love-hate relationship. Hmmm i have encountered this problem with emitted holos bumping into normal objects. And theres really no excuse for it. I usually have anti gravity tweakers to solve this problem even though technically this shouldn't happen.

    As for your main delima, its really easy to get blank emitters confused with what you want to emit. Unless its some ultra glitch in the games design, its highly probable you saved a holo that emits nothing and set that as the object to emit-- Which you probably already thought of, so im not really helping the situation lol
  6. Lord-Dreamerz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rpg Maker
    As for your main delima, its really easy to get blank emitters confused with what you want to emit. Unless its some ultra glitch in the games design, its highly probable you saved a holo that emits nothing and set that as the object to emit-- Which you probably already thought of, so im not really helping the situation lol
    the main holo having a problem is not even a saved object in my popit.
    In my level I had a holo that emitted a holo that had logic to emit small islands.
    and after a while i notice the islands stopped emitting.
    when I gone to check it out I notice the emitter was empty...
    even tho i've not had messed with that part of the level for almost a month.
    guess I could have somewhere down the line by mistake... but can't say for sure.
    well I can't say for sure what happened but don't matter now.
    just have to remake the holo that had the island emitter some time soon.
    *mew

    Also yeah the Holo that bumps in to things... it's my DCS for my sackbots.
    sometimes when I pull it out of my popit
    the DCS holo will be able to hit normal objects.
    odd as it has not started happening to me till just lately.
    Updated 07-11-2011 at 12:00 AM by Lord-Dreamerz