BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Morrinn3

Depressing news of the now

Rate this Entry
Does this bother anyone else?
Apparently that weird little show is getting a makeover. And when I mean makeover I mean 'little Dora' is losing the baby fat and the backpack and adding some rather disturbingly 'adult' makeup, a Miniskirt and Platform sandals.

I don't know too much about this show aside from what I learned from Kevin Smith's Q&A about this Latino looking kid who, presumably, smuggles narcotics in her backpack into the US from third world cesspools, but I'm guessing this would be something kids enjoy.
It's got a Monkey called boots in it.
Boots the monkey wears Boots.
Pimpin.

But this makeover really disturbs me. Is it just me, or are the powers that be over at nickelodeon really trying to make a children's cartoon show... sexy?

Discuss.

Updated 05-31-2009 at 10:59 AM by Morrinn3

Categories
Ramblings

Comments

What show are we talking about here? Because from what I gather it sounds a hell of a lot like Dora the Explorer. Should be interesting to see what happens with her though
    Hah, I forgot to mention the show name.
    Yeah, That's Dora the Explorer.
    My Niece loves this show and I doubt she'll like seeing Dora all grown up'ed.
    Wow, I followed the link of that image (it wouldn't load for me). That's one hell of a difference...
    lol, she used to be a small tuby girl - not anymore!
    Looks like a complete visual revamp as well though.
    As long as they don't put emphasis on it then it should be fine I guess...
    This is quite sad
    In a couple of years, every show will become Hanah Montana.