BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

rseah

Ps tuts #2: How to make a basic sig

Rate this Entry
This tutorial will show you how to make something like this with little effort

MAKING THE BG

First open a blank document choose any size you want (i usually go with 380X140)

Next click on filter>render>clouds it should come up with something like this

Next download some grunge brushes you can download some here

[pic]

Now with your grunge brushes in hand select any brush and on a new layer brush over it black don't brush to much though only a little

Next select another brush and brush over it again on a new layer however this time in white

Repeat this over again until you get something like this (after a couple of layers you can switch to a different set of brushes)

eventually

Now play around with brightness and contrast until it looks good (go layer>new adjustment layer>brightness and contrast)

Now your background should look something like this

Adding the Render

Next download a render (try planet renders) and paste it into your sig it might seem a bit big so just go edit>transform>scale (make sure you hold down shift while doing this)

Finishing Touches

Next go to layer>new adjustment layer>gradient map play around with all those settings there and you should get something nice like this (note you might want to change the opacity of the gradient map i set mine at 20%)

Almost done now create a new layer and go image>apply image

Go filter>render>lighting effects and use these settings not exactly though you can move it around and stuff :P

Add in some text with the text tool place it somewhere so it looks good but does not take your eyes away from the focal(your render)

(text tool)

Create a new layer and press (ctrl a) correct me if im wrong im using a mac then go edit>stroke

Select any color and thickness you want (i usually go with a 1-3 pixel black).Then click once and there you go a nice basic sig

DON'T RIP well i doubt you would anyway :P

plz post your outcomes and ask me if you have any questions or if it needs to be explained better

thanks

Updated 10-07-2009 at 06:39 AM by rseah

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Our Grief Relief Team could use a custom sig... if you're up to the task, check out our thread. Personally, this seems easy enough to do, but I have no idea what program you're using

Thanks