BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Life In The Sticks

Horses, Cows and rabbits, Oh My!

Rate this Entry
Well this was a pretty busy week and the upcoming week is going to be insane. My horses escaped and were running down the road when I got home. A lady followed me into my driveway and said, "Hey, your horses got out and I almost hit one of them." I was tired and aggravated so I says to her, "Shoot them." She looked at me like I was crazy, which I guess I would have too. Of course I didn't mean it. So I head down the road and a neighbor had trapped them in someone else's corral, which made things a lot easier as all I had to do now was to go get the horse trailer and load them up.

I've been using more gas than a refinery this week. Running my oldest one everywhere and going to her events.
Tuesday night is volleyball,
Wednesday they had a Band competition out of town (they won)
Thursday she cheers at the JV football game and
Friday she marches in the Band
Then there is my 5 year old twins where the load is lighter but still.

Next weekend is the county fair and my oldest is showing rabbits and her Heifer (cow to you city-fied people)
She's already shown the Heifer 4 times and has gotten Grand Champion once and Reserve Champion twice. The rabbits are shown to hopefully make the auction. Last year she got reserve champion (2nd place) with her rabbit and ended up selling it at auction for $2,200.00 Not bad, not bad at all. Always good to make the show so that hopefully you can at least break even on your investment. We usually get 8 rabbits and hope 1 makes the auction. Around here a baby show rabbit goes for $45, then you buy all the feed, the time training them etc. It can get costly. The first year was the most expensive because we didn't have any of the equipment. Rabbit pens, feeders, etc.

I didn't get to work on my "masterpiece" at all this week, which saddens me. I really think this will be good if I can ever get anywhere with it. Maybe today I can. I'm still trying to figure out how to achieve the look I'm going for. I did draw out some puzzles on paper though, so I guess I did work on it. Despite the busy week I was still able to play a ton of levels from the showcase thread this week and am proud to say the the next episode of the Community Spotlight will be out soon, so be on the lookout for that. Well, that's all for now. Happy gadding.

Updated 10-22-2011 at 08:37 PM by biorogue

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

I read it
    Dunno what to say about it though
    Happy wabbit
    :O I don't envy you bio. One eighteen month old is enough work for me already! How on earth i'd cope with all that hecticness... I just dunno lol. But at the same time, it's so great that you as parents invest that time into your kid's getting to do all these activities, even if you do end up burnt out at the end of it.

You sir, have my admiration and respect (even more so than before )
    Hectic...we Texans write the books on hectic. The last one I read was "Heck Yeah Hectic" by H. Hector who lives in Hectoria.

Bio, I know what you mean exactly, when you mention your horses getting out. They love to test those fences. I've spent many hours walking around in the wide open spaces with a feed bucket in my hand.

And definitely get to workin on that there project. Let me know if you need some beta testing.