BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Life In The Sticks

brainstorm has arrived

Rate this Entry
Not much going on today. Got some much needed rain yesterday. Maybe my pastures will start growing some grass for my horses and goats.

I had a brilliant idea for a level the other day and have actually started working on it. Ok, I stole the idea from a flash game, but that's beside the point. At first I was going to try and do a remake of the game, but my logic skills are severely lacking and I just didn't think I could pull it off. So I went another route with it and I'm hoping it will work out. My problem is I take entirely too long to build stuff. I started building it out of plain cardboard but don't want to get too far before I decide on the visual theme. I spent a hour and a half today just trying different materials to see how I want it to look. I thought maybe sci-fi or Roman ruins but I finally settled on an industrial look and feel. So now I'm trying to figure out how best to achieve that. I wish I was a fast creator. I've beta tested for Shookie99 a few times and am amazed at how fast he is at creating. What he does in a week would take me a couple of months.

Well I'm off, got work to do.

Updated 10-21-2011 at 08:56 PM by biorogue

Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

wow. wrote this nearly 3 years ago and guess what? I'm STILL NOT DONE WITH THIS LEVEL! Dang it! I'm slower than molasses.
    I know that feel.
    Well, it is now 2017 and I STILL have not finished that level. This is mostly due in part to other games though. I barely get on LBP any more these days. Once or twice a month to clear some of my queue.
    2019 checking in. Guess what, still didn't finish that level. I think I'll do it in Dreams though. Maybe. It'll be harder probably because you have to EVERYTHING from scratch in Dreams and a big component of this level is the grab and throw mechanic. I don't know how to make that in Dreams.