BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default How to Maximize Level Feedback

The Level Showcase is, by and large, a promotion game. The aim of the game is simple: to convince as many people as possible that they should try your level. There's many ways to do this (some trickier than others), so I'll list the latest and greatest below. Feel free to submit your own as well - just reply to this thread with your idea.

Quick and Easy

1. Include your PSN! We have tons (read: tons) of new users who don't think to supply their PSN - even if it's the same as your username, we have no way of knowing unless you tell us! Make it easy for us to find your level! This point is unnecessary now that a PSN is required in order to post a new level, but removing it wouldn't make sense since it helps reinforce why a PSN is important. Instead, it will remain in this list, but struck out.
    2. Sell your level! You should always provide a description for your level, but you should also let players know why they should play it - you'd be surprised how many threads lack something so simple and effective.
    3. Add screenshots! Screenshots give people an idea of what your level's like, and screenshots could easily convince people to try out your level. Need to be convinced? Here's a quick comparison - glance at each of these descriptions quickly, and then decide which one you'd rather try first.
      Spoiler Spoiler - Level A

Spoiler Spoiler - Level B

Probably Level B, right? Well, you'd be surprised - both are from the same exact level listing. I used the description for the first one, and used just the screenshots for the second one. As you can see, screenshots are very persuasive!

For the Long Haul

1. Keep updating! If you've gotten feedback on your level, improve it based on that feedback. If you let everyone know that you're willing to fix your level as they point out issues, they'll be more willing to play and leave more feedback because they know you'll respond positively.
    2. Add a video! This isn't necessary, but if you can add one at some point (especially one that's edited like a teaser trailer instead of a walkthrough), it may earn you even more plays.
    3. If you make it into the Spotlight, flaunt it! Many Spotlighted levels will have something to the tune of "Spotlighted!" in their level title, and that draws even more plays. If you're one of the lucky few, be sure to continue to follow tip #1 - that will bring in even more responses, maximizing the length of time your level is on the first page of the Showcase, and eventually promoting you to Cool Levels.
    Last edited by ConfusedCartman; 01-07-2010 at 04:26 AM.

Thanks for this-should help a ton of people.

Could you add another info in this thread? How the heck do I get quality screenshots from my level from the PS3 to my PC?

Oh and you forgot some pro-tips:

- Advertisement in your signature (with Banner or just a link)
    - Using the generous offers of various reviewers to review your level on a request basis.
    - Take advantage of F4F by reviewing other peoples level and get a review in respond to that
    Be the first! Join The First Group!
    Description, Screens and Videos of my Level: Little Big Thief: Lord Bafford
    Check out my Blog: Creativity Disorder - To cure and be cured

Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Overall activity: 0%
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Coxy224
    Blog Entries

Yeah, the above points are also very useful that I've found.

A near perfect way to get a lot of plays and hearts on your level is to set-up a contest around it - but I wouldn't recommend many people to do that

Anyway, thanks

Sig by the awesome Val
    PSN: Coxy224
    Showcased in PSP & PSV: Minecart Madness [Spotlighted!] | The Great Palace Of Emitters [Spotlighted!] | [VCC] The Christmas Arcade [Vita Christmas Countdown Level]
    Member of Ladies of LBPC Social Group

The Multi-media drunkard GruntosUK's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    GruntosUK

You should maybe add to in that you should play other peoples F4F levels CC and leave a link to your level, either in the post or your sig, that will always increase plays.
    I'm on twitter, Follow me here
    -----------------
    -----------------

Great post! I updated my thread for my level Assignment: HouseWork thanks to this. I hope to one day be "spotlighted" .

Looking for some great levels to play? Follow me on Twitter!

Newest Level:
    A Helping Hand
    (View on LBP.me)

Working on:
    A Pirate's Tale

Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 422
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Mattifcation

How are people doing the High res pics?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 82 View Post
    How are people doing the High res pics?
    They have something called a "capture card" that will film video and take screenshots from their display.

Frets on Fire guitar :D tjb0607's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    tjb0607

I have pictures AND a video and I advertise my level in my sig BIGTIME. I included my avatar, the location and a good description, and I'm STILL not getting much feedback.

^video of 3d keyboard model^

Archlinux.org
    F4F: Epic RB/GH clone IN LBP1!!!
    Are you bored? Are you also annoyed by annoying ads everywhere? Turn any website into a video game by copying this into your address bar!
    Code:
    javascript:var%20s%20=%20document.createElement('script');s.type='text/javascript';document.body.appendChild(s);s.src='http://erkie.github.com/asteroids.min.js';void(0);

Quote Originally Posted by tjb0607 View Post
    I have pictures AND a video and I advertise my level in my sig BIGTIME. I included my avatar, the location and a good description, and I'm STILL not getting much feedback.
    To be perfectly honest, quality is a big factor - if you're getting "ok" ratings from our members, you probably won't get as many replies. There's a bunch of members who try to help those who are still learning, but most people are just interested in playing the best ones. Still, 15 replies is a good number for your level - I suggest taking all of the feedback you've received and improving on what you've made until you feel it's perfect, then update everyone with a changelist.

We've got plenty of levels nowadays that arent using F4F at all... I dont think their aware of this. People needs to read.
    My latest level! http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11608
    PSN ID --- graygoose--- Current Project The Count of St. Claire Island

Quote Originally Posted by graygoose View Post
    We've got plenty of levels nowadays that arent using F4F at all... I dont think their aware of this. People needs to read.
    There's not much else we can do - we make it easy to understand what F4F is and how to use it, so it's really up to each Creator to make use of it.

My problem is that I have the plays, I have the good reviews, but I'm not getting the hearts
    Try my levels!
    Dark/Light (Now SPOTLIGHTED!) | Dark/Light Survival Challenge |
    Doll Parts

Sackperson Demagogue Incinerator22's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,161
    PSN
    Incinerator22
    Blog Entries

I'd rather play level a.
    hehe just kidding

screenshots for ps3 to lbp central:
    1: Take a picture in LBP
    2: Go to "more info" when the picture is highlighted
    3: press "export to hdd"
    4: goto a image or file hosting site (google image hosting to find results) and upload the picture then write down or copy the url it gives you, do not use any code.
    5. Click the image button when posting. Allow the page to open.
    6. Paste url in the input box.

You should now have a screenshot!

edit: this is probobly how people get high quality screenshots as you can see with my dog
    Last edited by darth621; 08-07-2009 at 02:04 AM.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 216
    Your First Group 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Frazer951
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by darth621 View Post
    screenshots for ps3 to lbp central:
    1: Take a picture in LBP
    2: Go to "more info" when the picture is highlighted
    3: press "export to hdd"
    4: goto a image or file hosting site (google image hosting to find results) and upload the picture then write down or copy the url it gives you, do not use any code.
    5. Click the image button when posting. Allow the page to open.
    6. Paste url in the input box.

You should now have a screenshot!

edit: this is probobly how people get high quality screenshots as you can see with my dog
    That was incredibly useful info! Thank you very much... My pictures looked like garbage!

18. Thanks!

Wow- I come in here for tips on promoting my level, and there's Shadow of the Llama in the first post! Thanks for the ad ConfusedCartman

[SPOILER]don't tell anyone about the money
    [/SPOILER]

Some good points there, it's to make the most of what you've got than to keep leaving comments on other peoples levels

is that llama level real??? i wanna play it now.
    Panther is the BEAST!!!!

Gun stabilizer FTW!

hatch closed by horwitzer, on Flickr

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast