BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

View Poll Results: After seeing this i...

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • ...want to get my hands on your tutorials!

23 85.19%
  • ...think that others may be interested.

4 14.81%
  • ...am totally indifferent about your tutorials...

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Kikaiwa: The Cluster[Pics, Trailer, Poll, Spotlighted and all that stuff...]

*Big sigh*

I finally made it. After a month of work i finished this logics beast.

But now for the level. "Kikaiwa: The Cluster" is basically a collection of four bosses. But not the normal "jump-over-some-plattforms-to-reach-a-brain-bosses". Every boss has a special concept making it very unique and you can choose the order in which you take them down. But now for the bosses in the order i made them:

Quake:

This boss uses his electrified "hammer" to make the earth tremble. The spreading wave shoots you high in the air. At first this is not a serious danger until the gasified barriers come into play...

Fishmoth:

Weird name? Yes indeed! But this boss somehow remindet me of a silverfish and "Fishmoth" is just another name for these cute little bugs
    The boss however pops out of two holes(totally random!) and attacks you with bombs or plasma balls. While you attack it with the paintinator its attacks become more aggressive and the few bombs it spits at the beginning become a devasting flood of bombs!

Carbon:

(yeah the picture is... deformed)

This tank avoids and follows you. The artillerie montated on its back brings you death from above. The armor is so thick that nothing can get through it. So how the hell do you defeat it?

Blind Turret:

This boss is likely the most unique of all four. You neither shoot nor walk around. You just... sticker! Kept in a relatively slow vehicle which you move by stickering its ends, you fight this huge turret with enormous fire power. Sounds harder then it is since the turret is blind. But you should avoid the spinning sensor since it shoots straight away when it notices something moving out there...

If that's not enough to convince you to play this level then watch this trailer i made:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbSHEfhaXPg"]YouTube - Kikaiwa: The Cluster[/ame]

I still want to remind everyone that i share my possibility to capture videos from the PS3. So don't be to shy to request a video for your level.

That's it folks. After i finished this now i'm gonna concentrate on my logics tutorial series. I added a poll about this.

I'm thankfull for every usefull feedback. This logics are very stubborn and often go gaga while lag. So if you expirience any strange incident please let me know so that i can perhaps fix it.

EDIT: Oh i almost forgot to thank the people who helped me testing and improving this level. These are: ThommyTheThird, Yarbone, Snowspot, Ccubbage, Zwollie, Fjonan and Feloneouscat. THX to you all
    Last edited by Vanemiera; 05-03-2009 at 08:16 AM.

I organize all my LBP ideas in a Google Docs folder. Feel free to have a look. I'd love to have some feedback too! http://tiny.cc/lbpvandoc

License to krill. Whalio Cappuccino's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 726
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Whaale

Oh my dear God those were amazing, I'll be playing this soon. I'll leave my feedback.
    Last edited by Whaaaaale; 05-27-2009 at 11:55 PM.

3. Thanks!

Those are some very very impresiive looking bosses. The Fishmoth one looks like one of the creatures from Flow. I'll have to give this a try next time I'm on.

5. Thanks!

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 640
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    moleynator
    Blog Entries

Looks great. Not gonna watch the video yet though.

7. Thanks!

... wow :O

... Yeah gonna try this... You're REALLY good at enemies

... Now you just need to make some for our project MUHAHAHAHA... well bosses I mean...

This statement is true.

9. Thanks!

Okay, now that the "gonna play it" people have spoken, here's one that HAS played it...

WOOHOOO! GREAT JOB!

Figuring out how to clear each section was the hardest part - but this level has some fantastic gameplay and some great puzzles - AND some great use of stickers.

I have one small suggestion that might frustrate players - the boss where the cart with the button zooms towards the boss - the camera angle here makes it difficult to judge jumping onto the button. Maybe panning a bit in the other direction would help.

But that's a VERY minor suggestion. Loved it - 5 stars and a heart.
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

11. Thanks!

Oh, was there a button I was supposed to press on the tank? Yeah, couldn't see it. also died on Fishmoth and the wall wouldn't open...

So yeah, didn't finish it. but I didn't need to to know that this was completely awesome =D

This statement is true.

13. Thanks!

7 days registered 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Whaale

How do you destroy the sticker dude? I don't get it...

15. Thanks!

While avoiding the guns by stickering your vehicle forward, the thing spinning around the circle keeps opening those doohickies and you need to sticker the red dot areas to close them until you kill the boss. I have NO idea how to explain what the real names of the doohickies and thingamajigs are.
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

17. Thanks!

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,157

PSN
    CogSpartan
    Blog Entries

Holy crap... that was amazing!

You put, beautiful detail, with some epic fights, and amazingly original bosses. I have got to say that those were probably the BEST bosses I have ever versed.

As I said above, the detail you put into the level was amazing, and looked beautiful! The whole area looked amazing, and so did the bosses! I loved your little Eye on a Gear thingy, that made it seem much more organized. Each of the bosses little icons looked really cool, and showed what the boss was like before you got to it, without showing the actual boss! Outstanding!

I LOVED how you didn't just have straight boss rushing, you actually had some awesome little games to play as you make your way towards the boss. My favorite one was probably the sticker vehicle! Your ideas were REALLY original, and I mean it! I have never seen anything were you use stickers to move a car and shoot a boss, (Aside for the MGS pack first level.) and the Quake boss was amazing! (Must have taken you a lot of gadgets to make him work!) The boss Carbon was pretty amazing, and slightly easy at the same time. It took the car to pass me once for me to figure out how to defeat it, then I was a ninja! The fish boss was probably the hardest, but it was still amazingly fun, with awesome paintanator action!

The ONLY thing I think the level should get is an Infinite Life checkpoint, which would easily bring your hearts and plays up. It would also be less stressful for those you get stressed because they only have one life left.

Overall, an amazing level with brilliantly original bosses, that really show what you can make with LBP. Would have given you more, but, 5 stars and a heart!!!

I shall go play your other Kikaiwa levels for sure!
    My newest level: Sycophant (1Player)
    Check out my Youtube videos, and subscribe if you like them!

19. Thanks!

PSN
    Whaale

Quote Originally Posted by CCubbage View Post
    While avoiding the guns by stickering your vehicle forward, the thing spinning around the circle keeps opening those doohickies and you need to sticker the red dot areas to close them until you kill the boss. I have NO idea how to explain what the real names of the doohickies and thingamajigs are.
    Yeah, I was doing that for days, it should tell you that your hurting him, even though it does make a weird noise.

21. Thanks!

I did it for a while and it finally died. Maybe a big suggestion - have some kind of meter mechanism to tell how hurt the boss is.
    F4F Participant

23. Thanks!

PSN
    Whaale

Yeah I was about to ask if you could put in a health bar or something.

25. Thanks!

Can't wait to check this one out, I'll put some feedback soon.

27. Thanks!

cool man! You finally finished it I'll play it again sometime.... and get a record.. or something >_<
    You want a good Sig and/or Avatar? Visit this thread to post a request.
    'I'm afraid you have a serious mental problem. The trouble originates in this region, that we in the medical profession refer to as...the Brain!'
    Uhm.. .yeah, i've pretty much gone inactive now :/

29. Thanks!

I have one small suggestion that might frustrate players - the boss where the cart with the button zooms towards the boss - the camera angle here makes it difficult to judge jumping onto the button. Maybe panning a bit in the other direction would help.
    Yeah this also gave me some problems. But at his point i had the choice if i keep the better camera sight for the bombs or the reload cars. Since the boss is pretty easy once you know how to hurt it(you can make one great combo stoping it from shooting again). So i decided to keep the angle this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cog View Post
    The ONLY thing I think the level should get is an Infinite Life checkpoint, which would easily bring your hearts and plays up. It would also be less stressful for those you get stressed because they only have one life left.
    The infinite life checkpoint has the potential for ruining any challenge in LBP. I think that the most important part of a game is that you can actually fail and learn for the future. Also, what's the point of bosses you can't lose? I mangaed to increase the difficulty slowly to give the player the time to find the weakpoints. That would be all bollocks if the player can't loose anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Whaaaaale View Post
    Yeah, I was doing that for days, it should tell you that your hurting him, even though it does make a weird noise.
    I did it for a while and it finally died. Maybe a big suggestion - have some kind of meter mechanism to tell how hurt the boss is.
    I see your point guys. But i'm also wondering if i can make the damage indicator more obvious. It blinks and makes a painfull noise.(the painfull noise EVERY boss makes). So you should know that you are doing right. To the healthbar... where should it put this? Also i think you two have noticed that the sensor is deployed only if the player has already damaged it two times. So that should be enough to get the trick.

Thank you for all your feedback. Makes me feel like all the work was finally worth it.

I organize all my LBP ideas in a Google Docs folder. Feel free to have a look. I'd love to have some feedback too! http://tiny.cc/lbpvandoc

PSN
    Whaale

Quote Originally Posted by Vanemiera View Post

I see your point guys. But i'm also wondering if i can make the damage indicator more obvious. It blinks and makes a painfull noise.(the painfull noise EVERY boss makes). So you should know that you are doing right. To the healthbar... where should it put this? Also i think you two have noticed that the sensor is deployed only if the player has already damaged it two times. So that should be enough to get the trick.

Thank you for all your feedback. Makes me feel like all the work was finally worth it.
    Well true, but what if you go to that boss first? THat's what I did and I had no idea if I was hurting it, or if I was just maybe changing the direction of the sensor. Really had no idea, maybe what you can do is have it so the health bar is right above his brain? Or if you don't want to go with a health bar, you can have it so you tell the person before he gets on the very first cart something like " All red areas must be stickered in order to complete your objective" Something subtle that informs the player on what to do.

As for the tank, I don't find it a problem anymore, after you get the timing and hang of it, it's actually VERy easy, as for the cannons you can honestly look up and tell if they're going to go far or land near him. So yeah, 5 stars and hearted both the level and you.

Good job.

32. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Whaaaaale View Post
    Well true, but what if you go to that boss first? THat's what I did and I had no idea if I was hurting it, or if I was just maybe changing the direction of the sensor. Really had no idea, maybe what you can do is have it so the health bar is right above his brain? Or if you don't want to go with a health bar, you can have it so you tell the person before he gets on the very first cart something like " All red areas must be stickered in order to complete your objective" Something subtle that informs the player on what to do.
    Oh i could kiss you when i red through your post i had an idea. I will let something explode inside him when you hurt it. You think that's good?

Quote Originally Posted by Vanemiera View Post
    Oh i could kiss you when i red through your post i had an idea. I will let something explode inside him when you hurt it. You think that's good?
    that would be pretty cool :O

or like a sound and red light bulbs shining from inside out.... like one short flash of light...

<__> understand?
    You want a good Sig and/or Avatar? Visit this thread to post a request.
    'I'm afraid you have a serious mental problem. The trouble originates in this region, that we in the medical profession refer to as...the Brain!'
    Uhm.. .yeah, i've pretty much gone inactive now :/

35. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarbone View Post
    that would be pretty cool :O

or like a sound and red light bulbs shining from inside out.... like one short flash of light...

<__> understand?
    Hm, aren't there already red flashlights?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast