BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Think-thickness objects. (Copyable)

I found this old level in my moon that I made before CY, and it had think-thickness objects. I made it copyable and published it (Community objects can't be shaped)
    It has both paintinator thickness and checkpoint thickness.

Level name: Think-thickness objects.
    PSN: Tjb0607
    Icon: LBPC Logo

Enjoy!!!
    Last edited by tjb0607; 05-14-2009 at 03:23 AM.

^video of 3d keyboard model^

Archlinux.org
    F4F: Epic RB/GH clone IN LBP1!!!
    Are you bored? Are you also annoyed by annoying ads everywhere? Turn any website into a video game by copying this into your address bar!
    Code:
    javascript:var%20s%20=%20document.createElement('script');s.type='text/javascript';document.body.appendChild(s);s.src='http://erkie.github.com/asteroids.min.js';void(0);

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    rtm223
    Blog Entries

Ta. I'm not one for the old glitched objects, prefer to work around the fixes, but I think I actually can't do a couple of my designs without these objects, so thanks.

I'll take a look, but first, what do you mean Think-thickness?

it the thickness of a checkpoint, basically it rests on the thick layer but a sack person can still run it front of it on the same layer, plus if its grabable they can grab it,

too bad you also didnt get golf ball thickness, or is that paintinator?
    "Thank you for noticing the notice your notice noticing has been noted."

LBPCentral Spotlight Crew Kartavitalicious! Night Angel's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 844
    Overall activity: 41.0%

PSN
    NightAngel321
    Blog Entries

I think I've seen many levels like this but none copyable :P
    Thanks, again!

"Staring at Craftworld and creating unfinished levels since 2008."
    ★| The Space Temples Saga (Vita) | ★Journey of the Cosmos★ |★

Frets on Fire guitar :D tjb0607's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    tjb0607

Quote Originally Posted by redmagus View Post
    it the thickness of a checkpoint, basically it rests on the thick layer but a sack person can still run it front of it on the same layer, plus if its grabable they can grab it,

Paintinator thickness takes up 1 interactive layer, and can bump into sackboy and everything, but can go right past checkpoints without bumping into them. I hope that's what you're looking for!

^video of 3d keyboard model^

Archlinux.org
    F4F: Epic RB/GH clone IN LBP1!!!
    Are you bored? Are you also annoyed by annoying ads everywhere? Turn any website into a video game by copying this into your address bar!
    Code:
    javascript:var%20s%20=%20document.createElement('script');s.type='text/javascript';document.body.appendChild(s);s.src='http://erkie.github.com/asteroids.min.js';void(0);

yeah thats golf layer, thanks

Interesting, mind if i use them for my project "Glitched Centrak" ?
    (A collection of glitches that will always be available to LBPC users, so even if the glitch's been fixed we can still use them)

ITS ALIIIIIIIIIIVE! Burnvictim42's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 738
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Burnvictim42
    Blog Entries

This should definitely go in glitch central. Thanks alot for this collection!

Quote Originally Posted by redmagus View Post

Yes yes I know all that. But where does think come into it?

its a combo of the words thick and thin, hence 'think'

Howzabout thinck?

That word doesn't exist yet, so it may ease some confusion. :P

I've heard it called thin/thick as well. I always thought that thin/thick somehow morphed to think/thick.

I've only heard it as 'checkpoint thickness' or 'golfball thickness'
    So :P to your think

Everything about this "thin-thick" layer tells me it's cool and awesome and that it can and should be used for what it's worth. At the same time I want it removed. I want everyone to be on the same page when creating. I actually want this glitch removed. I'm going to get PEPPER for saying so hihi.

well no, i can see where your coming from, it does set those who are "out of the loop" at a disadvantage but on the flip side it would be all too easy for someone to find a level, get them as prizes and use them. You have a valid argument but there are still reasons to keep these extra layers around.

Quote Originally Posted by BasketSnake View Post
    Everything about this "thin-thick" layer tells me it's cool and awesome and that it can and should be used for what it's worth. At the same time I want it removed. I want everyone to be on the same page when creating.
    Certainly a valid perspective... but to me, all these ways you could exploit old glitches in the game were exciting - I like the idea that if someone digs for a little bit of information, they can find ways to do some surprising things. I like that for normal creators, the layer selection system is fairly straightforward, but people who wanted to do something tricky could use an obscure invocation to create the thin-thick objects.

That said, though, the thin objects in the thick layer (entry-thickness objects) have some weird properties that aren't exactly flattering toward the game... Specifically when you grab 'em... I can see why they'd want to get rid of 'em.

Thanks man these should come in handy..

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 115
    PSN
    rtm223
    Blog Entries

MM can't get rid of the old glitches, because that would mean existing levels breaking. God knows what would happen if you removed the engine's ability to handle these objects (guaranteed it woulnd't be pretty). And who's going to take flak when people's levels break, MM. They are making the right decisino to cut them off at source.

The real problem with these effects is that the engine to handle these unexpected things still, yet be stable. The engine therefore grows in complexity and fixing anything becomes far more complicated. All the creators that promote these things so readily are actually shooting themselves in the foot, because widespread use of these glitched items directly leads to a slowdown in proper bug fixing, due to increased complexity of the system.
    -- ? --

Lots of glitched material objects and levels containing them are left untouched in newer updates. I speculate that object properties are retained while the physics and graphics engines are updated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast