BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 22
  1. #1

    Default New glitches: Sharp Materials + Thick Invisible Material

    I think this is new anyway
    Found it when playing about with invisible sponge

    It takes away the roundness of materials like sponge, rubber, dark matter etc

    edit: I've also found a glitch that makes materials invisible without them being super thin!

    Some pics of the sharpened sponge and dark matter



    You seem to hover off the dark matter slightly


    Some invisible material!


    By best attempt at explaining what i did:

    1- Make a really long, thin piece of the material that you want

    2- Select it and shrink it down until it's about the size of sackboy,
    if you made it long enough it should be invisible by now
    (if it stops shrinking just rotate it slightly and it should continue shrinking)

    3- Select the invisible material and copy it (L3), and then smudge the copy so it becomes visible again

    4- Now that it's visible again it should have sharp edges,
    You can use the material changer so you don't have to repeat this!


    If you want invisible material:


    1- Do the last 4 steps so you have a material with sharp edges
    2- Take your material with sharp edges and use the material changer to turn it into a material such as card or metal
    It should now be invisible!

    ____

    Strangely sometimes when you do step 3 the material stays invisible, so you end up with a thick piece of invisible material


    hopefully i explained that well enough anyway
    Last edited by Dexiro; 05-23-2009 at 01:01 AM.


  2. #2
    Frets on Fire guitar :D tjb0607's Avatar
    Points: 30,784, Level: 53
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    tjb0607
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    825

    Default

    Hmm... A new glitch? Cool!!!

    I'll try it out as soon as I can.


    ^video of 3d keyboard model^

    Archlinux.org
    F4F: Epic RB/GH clone IN LBP1!!!
    Are you bored? Are you also annoyed by annoying ads everywhere? Turn any website into a video game by copying this into your address bar!
    Code:
    javascript:var%20s%20=%20document.createElement('script');s.type='text/javascript';document.body.appendChild(s);s.src='http://erkie.github.com/asteroids.min.js';void(0);

  3. #3
    The One With Crazy Ideas johnrulz77's Avatar
    Points: 10,980, Level: 31
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 270
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Twins2004
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    On, Canada
    Posts
    535
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    i dont exactly get it....

    Post a pic of the "sharp" objects?

    Your Lord is calling you... don't keep him waiting...

  4. #4
    Sackperson Private Dexiro's Avatar
    Points: 16,808, Level: 39
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Dexiro
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,041
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnrulz77 View Post
    i dont exactly get it....

    Post a pic of the "sharp" objects?
    i did, there's 3 of them..

    by sharp materials i meant they have sharp edges - when they'd usually be rounded off
    Last edited by Dexiro; 05-22-2009 at 11:58 PM.

  5. #5
    ITS ALIIIIIIIIIIVE! Burnvictim42's Avatar
    Points: 38,312, Level: 60
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 738
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Burnvictim42
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,100
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    The original post confused me too lol But thats nice that they look sharper ;p

    Do the edges still act round, or are they actually flat and sharpened now?

  6. #6
    Sackperson Private Dexiro's Avatar
    Points: 16,808, Level: 39
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Dexiro
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,041
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burnvictim42 View Post
    The original post confused me too lol But thats nice that they look sharper ;p

    Do the edges still act round, or are they actually flat and sharpened now?
    I thought they were actually flat, but now i've compared them a bit more i'm not sure

    They look pretty much the same shape, only one's flatter at the front


    I'm surprised noone has commented on the invisibility glitch yet

    It's a lot better than using extremely thin pieces of material all the time
    It might have some cool uses too

  7. #7

    Default

    ooh this could be usefulll


    What do you think of ^ if your ^_^ i'll be ^_^

  8. #8
    Sack kodymcq's Avatar
    Points: 10,134, Level: 30
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 416
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    kodymcq
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On the magic island of Double Rainbows with the unicorns.
    Posts
    263

    Default

    this is amazing :>)

    (The above awesomeness was done by Night Angel)

  9. #9
    ITS ALIIIIIIIIIIVE! Burnvictim42's Avatar
    Points: 38,312, Level: 60
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 738
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Burnvictim42
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,100
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Well, i didn't really care about the invisibility glitch (no offense) BC I know how to make pretty much anything invisible by shrinking it...

    you should really compare larger versions there, when the object is shrunk, the edges get rounded more.

  10. #10
    Sackperson Private Dexiro's Avatar
    Points: 16,808, Level: 39
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Dexiro
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,041
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burnvictim42 View Post
    Well, i didn't really care about the invisibility glitch (no offense) BC I know how to make pretty much anything invisible by shrinking it...

    you should really compare larger versions there, when the object is shrunk, the edges get rounded more.
    The glitch isn't just making any material invisible
    It's making large blocks of material invisible

    I thought it was cool anyway xD

    It could be used to block off layers a lot more easily
    Last edited by Dexiro; 05-23-2009 at 04:52 AM.

  11. #11

  12. #12
    Sackperson Private Dexiro's Avatar
    Points: 16,808, Level: 39
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Dexiro
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,041
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    i wanted to make an entirely invisible level where you paint the platforms with the paintinator

    the paint doesn't show up though

    you can judge where the platforms are by how far the paint is shot, but it's a lot harder than i wanted it to be

  13. #13
    The Real IceMaiden Coxy224's Avatar
    Points: 47,497, Level: 67
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Overall activity: 0%
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Coxy224
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Beckenham
    Posts
    3,312
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    Nice idea above ^^
    As for the glitches though, they're very useful
    Thanks for sharing, I can think of a lot o uses for sharper materials

    Sig by the awesome Val
    PSN: Coxy224
    Showcased in PSP & PSV: Minecart Madness [Spotlighted!] | The Great Palace Of Emitters [Spotlighted!] | [VCC] The Christmas Arcade [Vita Christmas Countdown Level]
    Member of Ladies of LBPC Social Group

  14. #14
    Junior Sackperson mindphaser74's Avatar
    Points: 10,905, Level: 31
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Overall activity: 0%
    Recommendation Second Class 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    mindphaser74
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Victoria, BC, Canada
    Posts
    352

    Default

    good find. a little confusing though.

    I can't think of any uses for the "sharper edges" at all. Anyone have any ideas they are willing to share?

    ** Spotlighted - BELOW THE ROOT - Chapter 1 : Green-Sky ** Spotlighted - BELOW THE ROOT - Chapter 2 : Along the Roots ** Spotlighted - BELOW THE ROOT - PREQUEL : Sewing Seeds ** Spotlighted - BELOW THE ROOT - Chapter 3 : Temple Grund

  15. #15

    Default old news

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexiro View Post
    I think this is new anyway
    Found it when playing about with invisible sponge

    It takes away the roundness of materials like sponge, rubber, dark matter etc

    edit: I've also found a glitch that makes materials invisible without them being super thin!

    Some pics of the sharpened sponge and dark matter



    You seem to hover off the dark matter slightly


    Some invisible material!


    By best attempt at explaining what i did:

    1- Make a really long, thin piece of the material that you want

    2- Select it and shrink it down until it's about the size of sackboy,
    if you made it long enough it should be invisible by now
    (if it stops shrinking just rotate it slightly and it should continue shrinking)

    3- Select the invisible material and copy it (L3), and then smudge the copy so it becomes visible again

    4- Now that it's visible again it should have sharp edges,
    You can use the material changer so you don't have to repeat this!


    If you want invisible material:


    1- Do the last 4 steps so you have a material with sharp edges
    2- Take your material with sharp edges and use the material changer to turn it into a material such as card or metal
    It should now be invisible!
    :
    ____

    Strangely sometimes when you do step 3 the material stays invisible, so you end up with a thick piece of invisible material


    hopefully i explained that well enough anyway
    dude i knew how to do that a long time ago sorry to tell you that:blush
    users are losers, unless your talking about using sackboys for fun

  16. #16

    Default

    This is actually really cool, both the invisible objects and the sharp objects, and I think by making 'sharp' objects you could really change the atmosphere with levels. And for that invisible level idea, that would be cool too, if the paint worked. :C

  17. #17
    ITS ALIIIIIIIIIIVE! Burnvictim42's Avatar
    Points: 38,312, Level: 60
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 738
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Burnvictim42
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Posts
    3,100
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexiro View Post
    i wanted to make an entirely invisible level where you paint the platforms with the paintinator

    the paint doesn't show up though

    you can judge where the platforms are by how far the paint is shot, but it's a lot harder than i wanted it to be
    I've actually played some levels like that. They're called "A shot in the dark" and "a shot in the dark 2" by ...i dont remember the name lol. But, anyway, the entire level is black, and you have to use the paintinator to find the platforms you can jump on, etc.

  18. #18

  19. #19
    Sackperson Private Dexiro's Avatar
    Points: 16,808, Level: 39
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Dexiro
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    2,041
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    i've found the invisibility thing really useful at least
    i've used it all over my rayman level to make things work easier

    To make an invisible maze, i'd make a load of chunks out of the sharp material
    (experiment to see how large you can make them before they stop turning invisible)

    Then i'd copy/paste the chunks of material and build whatever you want out of them

    Then when you've completed the maze use the material changer to turn everything into card, polystyrene or dark matter

    and that should make your maze invisible

  20. #20
    Sackperson

    PSN
    abc123
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    London,England
    Posts
    649
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dexiro View Post
    i wanted to make an entirely invisible level where you paint the platforms with the paintinator

    the paint doesn't show up though

    you can judge where the platforms are by how far the paint is shot, but it's a lot harder than i wanted it to be
    There's actually a whole other game for this. I just remembered. It's a completely white / black level and you get a paintball gun with the opposite colour. You shoot out the paintballs to navigate the place.

    ANYWAY! Nice find! I have bee trying to stay with LBP as my exams come up so in about 2 weeks I will start a new level (My first actually. Darn deleting savedata!) I will use this. I already have a plan. This will help a LOT!

    Haruhi Suzumiya FTW! C'mon 2nd Season...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •