BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default 7 Days - A level by xkappax, GruntosUK, HardSync, and Catiers

Hello everyone! A few of you know that Gruntos, Hardsync, my husband and myself have been working on a level together. It's taken almost 2 months to complete, and I have to say that working with 3 other people without some sort of online create is REALLY REALLY hard. The level fell apart, sometimes it wasn't locked, etc, etc... but all that aside, we still ended up enjoying ourselves and making what I believe to be quite a silly level.

I don't want to spoil too much here, but I will say this... This level deals with the change in the "Cool Levels" system, although instead of attacking it, it takes a different, light hearted approach. I hope you all will enjoy it. It's meant to be a fun, goofy level, and not a super serious romp through the land that is Cool Levels.

The level: 7 Days
    It's under my psn, xkappax, but I want to stress that Catiers, GruntosUK and HardSync did a tremendous amount of work on this!

Here are a few photos that I've taken. Hope you all enjoy this! ^_^

[SPOILER]

[/SPOILER]

Aaaand... here's the video.
    [Watch YouTube Video]

Have fun with this level, and enjoy! ^_^ And if you like the level, please tag it with Hoists :P

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,142
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    oldage9
    Blog Entries

Pro's:
    -I love how you make fun of the H4H/dark matter levels
    -ROCKET CHEETAH
    - optional prizes
    -nice little house! (althought the PS3 looks kinda odd )
    - the TV, all the details.

cons:
    -maybe a bit too much of the dark matter/bad level?
    -at the very beginning when you go up with the ROCKET CHEETA WOOO I fell off because I didn't grab so I had to restart.
    - you didn't use infinite checkpoints, since most H4H levels use them nowadays.
    -at the third area, I fell again and hit all of the prize bubbles, and I enabled prizes

overall, 4 stars but not a heart, since it uses a bit too much of the dark matter, maybe

3. Thanks!

Hey that video was funny. You're explaining what are the cool pages and we have to fight for the first seven days to get plays and then you receive the notification showing that I AM fighting the cool pages with republishing. Awesome. lol

5. Thanks!

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Dexiro
    Blog Entries

It's great to see a collaboration from some of our best creators, and my high expectations were definatly met

Pros:
    - The hub works really well
    - Visuals are great as usual
    - It slowly gets more difficult, but it doesn't become too challenging
    - The story is awesome!
    - I like how each H4H level follows a certain theme
    - I love the idea of jumping inside the tv

Cons:
    - If you fall from the first rocket cheetah you're forced to restart
    - The first H4H level needs clearer directions, i thought it was broken a few times and almost restarted
    - I don't like how you kept the VR theme for the other 2 H4H levels, it just made them feel like an extension of the hub

i gave it 5 stars and a heart, although there's some room for improvement
    Last edited by Dexiro; 05-25-2009 at 03:22 PM.

7. Thanks!

Yes Ranger... but you're being much more successful than me!!!!!

Just got done playing this.... FANTASTIC. Absolutely loved it.

My only concern is that many may not finish it.... Because of the complexity of the level it's sometimes really difficult to tell where to go next. Now, if you wander around a bit you figure it out pretty quickly, but a bit more direction would probably help, such as neon arrows appearing and pointing in the directions you can go in.

This, by the way, isn't MY complaint, as I totally enjoyed it - it's just thinking ahead on the people who will be playing it.

Awesome, 5 stars, a heart obviously!
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

9. Thanks!

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 94
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Coxy224
    Blog Entries

Haha, one of the funniest levels I've played and a real middle-finger to those H4H BadBoyz

Pros:
    +Crazy, but organised.....
    +The humour of the entire level
    +The Worlds Most Giant Rocket Cheetah!
    +Mm being represented by a Rocket Cheetah - WTF!*
    +Actually managing to make dark matter levels pretty artistic (I saw those drawings!)
    +A show down against a Rocket Cheetah!

*Wow That's Funny

Cons:
    -Not much really. It's hard with levels like this as you can't say - too much Dark matter, as that's the point!

I really loved the level - 5 stars and a heart from me

Sig by the awesome Val
    PSN: Coxy224
    Showcased in PSP & PSV: Minecart Madness [Spotlighted!] | The Great Palace Of Emitters [Spotlighted!] | [VCC] The Christmas Arcade [Vita Christmas Countdown Level]
    Member of Ladies of LBPC Social Group

11. Thanks!

The Multi-media drunkard GruntosUK's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    GruntosUK

Thanks for the comments everyone so far, it was actually very hard to finish and keep things coordinated between us. I'm pleased the hard work is paying off and that people are playing and liking it
    Last edited by GruntosUK; 05-25-2009 at 03:59 PM.
    I'm on twitter, Follow me here
    -----------------
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by CCubbage View Post
    Yes Ranger... but you're being much more successful than me!!!!!
    Isn't both Vertigo and Crazy Train on page 3 of the cool levels by now or my level did climb in the second or first page?

All right, guys, I have made several changes to this level to try to help the player find out where they're supposed to go. Hopefully this will help. We're down to a 3 star rating, so naturally I'm going to cry myself to sleep tonight. :P

Okay. First off, I added some numbers and arrows to show the different sections. I also fixed the cheetah lift. It ain't pretty, but it works. If someone breaks it now, i'm sorry, but you're a jerk and trying to break the level. >_<

Secondly, I'd like to address the subject of the dark matter. I realize there is a lot of it showing. Here's why. I went back to fix the level and cover up the dark matter about a week ago. Any time I add anything to those areas, whether I glue, bolt, put it on a piston, WHATEVER, either an emitter breaks, or something else in the level breaks. Even if I add decorations on top of it, the same thing happens. I seriously had nothing but problems with trying to cover stuff up. So, please be kind when you see dark matter in this level. Afterall, cool levels is full of dark matter, right? :P

I will most likely continue to change things on this level, but I'm done for now. I hope you guys enjoy it and appreciate it for what it is, and that you won't be too harsh on how it looks, because the looks are not the point of this level.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 1,142
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    oldage9
    Blog Entries

I honestly could care less about the look

I just played this level and i really enjoyed it because i know exactly what this level was about.

You guys made a very good presentation of he kinds of levels that really sticks in the cool levels, The H4Hs, Trophy levels, and The gazillion prize types. People make too much of these levels and Immature players take advantage of them thus over shadowing the levels that are really worth playing and hearting.

I for one wasnt bothered by the dark matter and the crazyness on this level, Since your trying to portrait a novice level with it.

I thik youve really made a point and i hope that this level will send a good message to everyone, especially MM.

I for one only had my "The Count Of St Claire Island" lvls stick in page 6 on the 5th day, page 4 on its 6th and finally only 1 day in page 3 cool levels.

I manage to rack up a thousand plays on both but then it was all over before i knew it.

I share your pain guys! You might as well add my name into that grave yard.

Overall:

This level had a great message to everyone 5 stars and Funky + Heart

Edit:

Oh and The 1st Encounter for the Cheetah boss was memorable to me.. that was very good guys!
    Last edited by graygoose; 05-25-2009 at 07:17 PM.
    My latest level! http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11608
    PSN ID --- graygoose--- Current Project The Count of St. Claire Island

17. Thanks!

I loved it. Had loads of fun with it ^^

19. Thanks!

Sackperson Private

PSN
    NinjaMicWZ
    Blog Entries

This is definitely a creator's level... tons of inside jokes, and alot of sublime humor. A pretty good visual style, lots of variety, and I think the hub design is great. I really enjoyed all the variety and the use of cheetah was fantastic. The graveyard at the end was sadly inspiring... I could fill a cemetery with the dead end levels I've made lol

Good work.

21. Thanks!

Thanks a lot, all of you ^_^ And Graygoose, of course I feel your pain, too. Your level was wonderful. NinjaMcWiz's levels are wonderful too... and just to see them fall into obscurity is HORRIBLE.

Anyway, the graveyard, that was Grant's idea, I think. He's the one who built it. We had talked about finally saving your level at the very end, and then your 7 days being up. The level was originally called Cruel Levels, but the 7 days theme carried through way too much for me not to call it that. Also, that was the "working title" of the level, and I think we all just got used to it. ^_^

And there's a lot of variety because there were four of us working on it. One of us would pick it up and then pass it to the next, and we never really knew what would come out. I think in the end it's pretty clear that all of our styles shine through in the different areas that we did, whether it be Larry's insane vehicle, or Grant's hub, or HardSync's "annoying midboss" ^_^

It's funny, too. When this all started out ... we just talked about making a goofy level. At one point there was a rocket chicken which I totally forgot to use... because it was HILARIOUS. We also had a rocket cat that just had all those cat stickers all over it. I scrapped that for the rocket cheetah with all the stickers all over it. ^_^ I had no idea what this level was going to turn out like... we had no plan... nothing. lol. Two months later and 283 facebook messages later and we got a level out of it! :P

Boy, I wonder if online create will alleviate some of the craziness of making a level with multiple people. I hope so. This was an insane experience.

I really don't know what you're all complaining about. It is certainly possible to design a level that lives on and on.... Ramp proved that. The key is not copying ramp, but in finding the NEW ramp.

And don't say bomb levels - we have enough of those already.

You know, maybe that "Cat vs Jaguar" level wasn't so bad after all....

F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

Sackperson Private

PSN
    NinjaMicWZ
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xkappax View Post
    Boy, I wonder if online create will alleviate some of the craziness of making a level with multiple people. I hope so. This was an insane experience.
    Yeah, me and Neverynnal did the same thing, and that was a monster headache with all the problems of old patches (capture switch deletes etc), revisions, therm limitations, copy/lock mishaps, and just trying to get on the same page at all times... and communicate to each other what was what - it was a nightmare, but fun. I couldn't imagine trying to juggle it with 4 people though.

Your styles all definitely shine through in each portion, but it was well blended regardless. My favorite part of the level was when the legendary beast ominously runs by in the background hole in the cave. It was just so ridiculous.

I played this today, and I loved it. I really didn't find anything I didn't like about it. It was hilarious, and very fun to play. Oh yeah, and all my levels belong in that graveyard. I also feel the pain. GREAT WORK!!!!!
    When all is said and done. There's usually more said than done.......

26. Thanks!

Awesome level, i'd give you a review, but there's nothing i can say that hasn't been said already. It was great, fun, and a hook to the stomach to H4H, can't get better than that!
    The one and only con i found in it is at the end one can get lost or think the level's broken, since you return to an area already visited, i thought i had to go back to the house, not to the right, and had to ask Ccubage for directions...
    But other than that it was great!
    Not to mention i got the top score, making the level even better
    And seriously, if you could do that with 4 people separately, now imagine what kinds of awesome levels you'll be able to make once online create be available!

Overall rating 10/10
    Cool!

(Sadly, it appears the level got overrun and dropped in the cool pages :/
    kinda ironic if you think about it)

28. Thanks!

Lol, just lol.

Pros:
    -Wonderful detail in the house, each room had a different theme and personality.Walking under the dudes feet and hearing him rip one on me, i was like "He didnt just do that" LOL
    -Loved the idea of the sterotype of h4h levels.
    -The noobish feel in the first segment. I bet it was actually hard for good creators to make a level like this.
    -Those useless prizes are the most terrifing obstacles i have ever seen I had to work extra hard to avoid those, very innovative.
    -I liked the boss, using the sword to hit him, perfect direction as well.
    -Chuck norris.

Cons:
    -I accidently fell and got like 100 prize bubbles, then i had to go delete them all because the ,message kept popping up.
    -Had no idea where to go when the elevator brought me back to the brilliantly designed pod.Took me awhile to figure out.
    -This isnt a complaint, i just thought that the cheetah was going to set you up or double cross you due to him being an icon of those sorts of levels.Not the "OOOooooOO brain control" stuff.

Great level though.4 Stars
    F4F level- Gangsta life of Detroit 2. http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...e-of-Detroit-2

30. Thanks!

Ooh, a new Ramp, huh? How about "Ramp vs Jaguar"?!

Your styles all definitely shine through in each portion, but it was well blended regardless. My favorite part of the level was when the legendary beast ominously runs by in the background hole in the cave. It was just so ridiculous.
    This was a spoof on "distress in the ocean" :P
    Last edited by xkappax; 05-26-2009 at 01:03 AM.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast