BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    rtm223
    Blog Entries

Default Automagical Nested Quotations

If I want to quote someone quoting someone else, so that the quotation that I'm quoting is put into clear context, the original [quote] tags from what the thread I'm quoting disappear, along with the quote that was in [quote] tags and I have to do it manually.

Can we have nested quotations automatically appear when we quote a post that already has a quote in it, please?
    -- ? --

Nope! It's Chuck Testa Gilgamesh's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,086
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Jirugameshi
    Blog Entries

I think having an option in the User CP would be better than doing it automatically.

PMs already automatically nest-quote and it's very, very annoying to remove the useless text to keep the reply readable. Plus, quoting more than 3 levels of nested quotes would create a veritable wall of junk which ultimately is not that useful to have 98% of the time.
    Midnight Revenge

SackMech II
    Training

SackMech I
    Trailer | Mission 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Just as Gilgamesh said, it's a way of making sure posts don't end up incredibly long - if we didn't have this feature, we'd have people complaining that it was annoying to have to manually remove the [quote] tags. If you want to have multiple quotes show up in a post, you'll have to do it manually.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 115
    PSN
    rtm223
    Blog Entries

It's never caused an issue anywhere else I've seen it - it's actually quite rare for more than one nested quote in a thread, but nevermind.

Edit - just to clarify, I'm not talking about every previous post quoted, I mean only IF i choose to quote someone and IF they chose to quote someone else, the original quote would still appear, inside my quote. But, yeah, if that's what you thought I meant and it's a no then that's cool.
    Last edited by rtm223; 05-29-2009 at 10:29 AM.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Dexiro
    Blog Entries

I don't think i've ever wanted to keep the nested quotes, so i'm quite happy that they're deleted automatically