BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Little Big Apocalypse: The Animation - PICS/Concept art ::

I do a series called Little Big Apocalypse on LBP. Check it out, my PSN is JonMartin. Anyway, this is concept art from the animation I'm working on. The final episode of the series is going to be animated.

Tell me what you think :P

EDIT (1/02/11):

WATCH EPISODE 1 on NEWGROUNDS - CLICK HERE

More Info: Click here
    Last edited by Snowspot; 01-04-2011 at 07:46 AM.

ITS ALIIIIIIIIIIVE! Burnvictim42's Avatar
    Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Burnvictim42
    Blog Entries

Well, i'm not sure what to say lol. I played through the first 5(?) of your levels- loved the story, but had to stop. Haven't gone back to them yet, as i'd want to replay the first 5 again lol. I don't think i have a really good opinion as i haven't heard the full story.

Your sackboy looks somewhat depressing, particularly with the missing eye, but i think it works.

It looks a very sad sackboy

Haven't played your levels, but will. They look rockin'.

This is a piece in progress? Looks good so far though that mushroom cloud being blurry is in stark contrast to the very defined lines elsewhere... not so pleasing on my eyes....
    I would stay with solid colors throughout to keep theme, but with only two images to judge you should take this advice as lightly as possible

Yeah it's work and progress... Sackboy loses his eye in episode 17 of the series, so that's why it's like that. He's supposed to look sad, its part of the story.

That nuclear explosion is pretty far away but I agree, it has to be more defined!

Oh and this is going to be a 10 min long animation that will conclude the series!

Thanks for the comments I'm going to keep updating this thread when I have stuff I think it worth seeing :P
    Last edited by Snowspot; 06-07-2009 at 05:16 AM.

Lol, looks good, only problem is that, well, this will probably be better recieved than the series! There will be no menacing 10 year olds to destroy you

EDIT: What a malnourished Sack!!!

I do F4F!

Quote Originally Posted by dkjestrup View Post
    Lol, looks good, only problem is that, well, this will probably be better recieved than the series! There will be no menacing 10 year olds to destroy you

EDIT: What a malnourished Sack!!!
    I think it probably will be received better. I'm including a lot of the music from the game, so I think people will get really hyped while they watch.. and there is a big boss fight. I'm going to make it very cinematic.

I'm hoping it'll make people go out and get a copy of Little Big Planet.
    Last edited by Snowspot; 06-07-2009 at 09:31 AM.

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 154
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Alexxerth
    Blog Entries

That thing looks creepy!

I just noticed you have a thread on this after admiring your pics in the gallery.

How far is this animation in production? I'm pretty excited for this.
    You've really made LBP your own in your levels and it seems you're doing the same with your animation.

A question on my mind: Will the sackboy be a silent character or will he carry a voice?

Show us a teaser clip the moment you got one, Snowspot!!
    PSN: Zwoltopia

My Levels: Sir Sackboy, The Accidental Hero: Chapter I , Chapter II , Chapter III (preview)
    Other published bits & sideprojects: Leroy Wolfgang (character contest) Proto Droid 2000 (Retro-robot contest)
    Be obnoxious, be the first! Join The First Group! | The Caption Contest - ROUND 29!!

If I show you clips I will be too lazy to finish, so no clips!

Sackperson Private

PSN
    NinjaMicWZ
    Blog Entries

The most epic all star series of LBP, that makes everything else look like laziness and a lack of creativity ... it deserves an animated spin off and I think the creative license you took with it looks awesome. Can't wait to enjoy this when you get it out there.

12. Thanks!

I'm also, as Ninja, a HUGE fan of this series - and have been virtually the entire time I've owned LBP (man... has it been that long?)

I'm really looking forward to the animated series. If it's up to par (which I'm sure it will be) with your other online animated series, this should be VERY cool!
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

14. Thanks!

This is from the intro montage. I have some exciting ideas planned for the animation.

Thanks for the great comments Ninja and Ccubbage, your encouragement is always appreciated
    Last edited by Snowspot; 06-25-2009 at 01:18 AM.

Ah.... this reminds me of having to wait to see the new Star Wars... hopefully Jar Jar isn't included.
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

this looks like it will turn out great just as your levels
    cant wait to see it
    interesting release date

19. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CCubbage View Post
    Ah.... this reminds me of having to wait to see the new Star Wars... hopefully Jar Jar isn't included.
    God, I hope not.... lol

Lol, that would be horrible!.
    Mesa called sack sack cloth, yousa follow me now okiday?

Looking very nice so far, Snowspot!! And it seems it's not that far away anymore!!
    PSN: Zwoltopia

My Levels: Sir Sackboy, The Accidental Hero: Chapter I , Chapter II , Chapter III (preview)
    Other published bits & sideprojects: Leroy Wolfgang (character contest) Proto Droid 2000 (Retro-robot contest)
    Be obnoxious, be the first! Join The First Group! | The Caption Contest - ROUND 29!!

22. Thanks!

Hey, here to update anyone following the series.

Unfortunately I didn't get spotlighted! I was hoping I would because I wanted more publicity(lol) for the animation's release but it looks like my flash animation will have to judged by and become popular by it's own artistic merits.

Gah.

Maybe level 20 sucks, I can't really tell. I feel like it's really an achievement, maybe just for me, as some of the levels I'm seeing these days are just beyond my scope of creation/imagination.

I was thinking of doing another Little Big Planet series but it looks like LBA will be it. I might continue the series in animation form though. It doesn't seem worth it, the way Little Big Planet is currently set up, to foster a long series. At least one that is so narrative-based. Maybe some of the obstacles were too hard. I'm not sure what I did wrong. I kind of consider the series a failure right now but I'm still going to finish all this.

1 more level to do, the final boss level on my new account. The account name is:

SiberiusMartin

Here are some pics because text is lame.

I'm going to release the animation on 9/8/09 on newgrounds.com. ORiginally I was going to do 9/11/09 but I want to get this out before the new film "9". I have no idea what the story is for that film but I don't want people to think I copied it. I have a sickening feeling that both our stories end the same way. There can only be one ending to an apocalyptic Sackboy film about scientists. Grrr.. So I am releasing it a day before the film. I am working my butt off! It's going to be 15 min long.

Here's hoping newgrounds can help boost awareness of Little Big Apocalypse.

Level 20 certainly doesn't suck.... I enjoyed it. I think it could use a bit of tweaking in some areas for playability, but you have no thermo left to do it. Writing quality wise, I found it the best in the series.

My personal suggestion on this series?

a. You need editing - this is an epic movie-level script which could be condensed a bit into something that could be swallowed more easily.

b. You need producers - people to go through and tell you where parts of the gameplay need tweaking.

This is definately the most ambitious series' in LittleBigPlanet, but because of that it's difficult to be objective. But I DEFINATELY would not call it a failure.
    Last edited by CCubbage; 07-28-2009 at 04:36 AM.
    F4F Participant

25. Thanks!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast