BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: SixAxiS Engine!

Hybrid View

Default SixAxiS Engine!

(Sorry for the bad english ndD95)
    I'm making a new object, very similiar to the SixAxis motion control: it's a little circle-ball that used on an item on LBP, it detects the inclination of the object, the movements, if its falls, and if it is moving. How to use it? You place it on the object, and there are some "switch wires", that you can use in many ways. You're building something like an Overcraft or a Mech-Flying Machine? You can use the wires on some rockets, so if the item is too inclinated on the left, a rocket activates to straighten it. Or, if it's falling, a rocket can make it goes up again. Very usefull for the balance of your object.
    The object is smaller than a SackBoy, i made with the glass, but you can change material, to make it lighter. You can glue it on the item that you want, or you can place it "inside" of the item. I used the Sixaxis in a flying ship, that ship can stay in air in the same place (without go left, right, up or down) without any help of the player, when you drive it, it easier to stop it in a place, so you can drive it, than stop and start shooting with a Paintinator.
    Then i made a Tech Demo of the SixAxiS: when you move it, a big arrow shows you the inclination of it, so you can check the sensibility of it.
    I can make it more sensible, but i need to make it bigger, so now i use this "1.0" version.
    Post your comments and suggestions, photos and video coming soon (maybe today too).

UPDATE:
    Photos of the Bigger Version

UPDATE: Video

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKxscCJefJo"]YouTube - Little Big Planet - SixAxiS Engine Demo[/ame]
    Last edited by Dante95; 09-15-2009 at 07:16 PM.

Waiting for LBP3 patch !! mistervista's Avatar
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mistervista

That sounds very interesting and ingenious Dante.

Is that in a published level ? If so I'll have to check it out later.

I could have done with that a few months ago for a helicopter I made. I tried for weeks to keep it balanced but no matter what I tried it just kept tipping over eventually so I ended up scrapping it.
    Sig by Rhyfelwr
    : HOMAGE 1: " Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", Sheriff Sack 2: On the trail of Texas Jack,Pirates Of The Caribbean - Part 1: The Compass and Jack Sparrow, PLASMAVILLE-Winner of Sackcast Gadders Trial , Sheriff Sack: Cleaning up the town of Sackwood.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    rtm223
    Blog Entries

You're building something like an Overcraft or a Mech-Flying Machine? You can use the wires on some rockets, so if the item is too inclinated on the left, a rocket activates to straighten it. Or, if it's falling, a rocket can make it goes up again. Very usefull for the balance of your object.
    I attempted this as one of the first things I did in LBP. Big fail. The reference point for angle of inclination was completely unstable and generally ended up being thrown around. I'm very interested to see what you've com up with. Info on where to find the tech demo would be good.

The Tech Demo isn't yet online, cause i want to show all the pros of this engine.
    Rtm223, i made some mechs too, and they didn't work well too. A week ago, i had the idea of this when i was projecting a flying ship, and i think it can be usefull in many ways When i take the demo online, i will update the opening post

Is it a small ball with a magnetic key on it inside a ring with several magnetic key switches with low ranges on them? Or is it more complicated than that.

Quote Originally Posted by BSprague View Post
    Is it a small ball with a magnetic key on it inside a ring with several magnetic key switches with low ranges on them? Or is it more complicated than that.
    Yeah the position sensor it's similiar, but the inclination sensor and the "falling" sensor are different

Quote Originally Posted by Dante95 View Post
    Yeah the position sensor it's similiar, but the inclination sensor and the "falling" sensor are different
    It sounds interesting and fairly useful, especially for people who have bosses and enemies that are prone to falling over, which I see constantly in complicated moving boss levels.

Yes i hope it can be useful, i used it on some of my items and it works well.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Rustbukkit

Sounds like a slightly more advanced version of what I initially came up with to "right" my UFO design I began work on several months ago. I'm also interested in seeing what you came up with because my design was scrapped for a simpler method of locking the player in a cockpit with a jet-pack on... which works fantastic anyways.
    Take your copy of LBP3, put it back in it's case, wrap it up in some nice holiday paper, and stick it under your tree in hopes it will be fixed and playable by Christmas morning.

DEVS - If you want to know what's wrong with your game why don't you just throw a copy in your machines and play it? Just a thought.

*End Transmisson*

Here 2 images of the Position Sensor:

This is the bigger version, i built a smaller one, but i had some photos of this so i used them.
    The inclination sensor is something like the half of this, and the Falling Sensor is very very small, so i think Position and Faling Sensors will be all in 1.
    The logo means "SixAxiS", cause it's 6 = Six - A - mirror 6 = xiS

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 200
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Sunrise-Moon
    Blog Entries

This sounds like it will be very interesting! I had first attempted a mech-like robot that you could control from the inside...It didn't work out very well. Every time it walked, it tipped over :P. It wasn't very good, but this could help it.

Siggy by LittleBigSackBoy
    [spoileR]Run! Run! Run! Survival[/spoiler]

Yeah i hope it can be used for mechs and flying ships Then, how can i move this thread to Object Showcase? I must call a Mod?

UPDATE: Added video, now you can see a little demo of the SixaxiS.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKxscCJefJo"]YouTube - Little Big Planet - SixAxiS Engine Demo[/ame]

That is truly amazing, I had no clue something this technical was even possible in LBP.

Quote Originally Posted by Digs View Post
    That is truly amazing, I had no clue something this technical was even possible in LBP.
    Thank you, and remember: ALL is possible is LBP.

Could you please release this for us? I wouldn't mind using a beta version and it would help you work out the kinks. Could I take them for a spin and see what they can do for myself?

Sackperson Private hilightnotes's Avatar
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 177
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    hilightnotes
    Blog Entries

That is incredibly cool! Also, love the little logo. Nice idea there too!

I'd suggest pm'ing a mod (like Killian or Whaaaaaaaaaale) to ask them to move this to the object showcase.

Any idea when you'll release it?

I'm gonna relase all the SixAxiS objects in 1 "pack": the Position Sensor (in the video), the inclination sensor, the height sensor and the movement sensor. Maybe i can do it in 1~2 weeks

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 519
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    PSN
    The_Killian

Moved to Object Showcase on request.

That's quite a cool little device. Hopefully you'll implement it well into a level

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast