BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Manufactured Madness

Manufactured Madness by mrsupercomputer
    Robots at a nerby foundry have started to malfunction and are becoming increasingly hostile. Make your way across the hazardous wasteland, enter the foundry and aid the other robots in their escape!

Man, was this level was a chore to build! I had so many ideas going into this, but as I began to build, I found that many of them wouldn't work how I envisioned. In fact, I actually built this entire level twice. I was very unhappy with my original design, so I scrapped it and rebuilt it. The theme is basically the same, as are a lot of the ideas, I just rearranged them a bit. But even with the redesign, I still had to cut a lot of ideas, but I think it turned out okay.

Anyway, I would love to get some feedback on it. I've ran into a few oddities, but I've tried to iron out all the bugs as much as possible. I tried a few ideas that were a bit risky, so I apologize if something breaks on you while you're in the level. Hopefully there won't be too much left to fix, as I'm pretty tired of working on this thing!

As for F4F, I'll try and give as much as I can!

Screenshots:

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 109
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Trap_T

I played it literally a few seconds after you published, and I have to saw it looks amazing (as with all your levels)!

Lots of detail, and an interesting story, but sadly I didn't get to finish...

I kept getting stuck at the part where the bridge/walkway is broken in two, and I fall into the valley/pit with the broken cars... I can't get passed that...

P.S. The fire ball that one robot shot at me looked awesome, and I'll be stealing that idea.

***EDIT***

Alright! After pulling on everything and finally noticing the grab switch on the top car, I got past that part.

The level is amazing, great eerie atmosphere, and the boss/final battle was entertaining since I didn't feel like losing my new found robo-buddies.

What I loved the most was how you used the candle flames for the molten metals and the fireballs, never seen that before and I have to say it looked incredible!

I felt it was pretty short, but time flies when you're having fun.

x 2 and a heart.
    Last edited by Trap_T; 07-13-2009 at 03:58 AM.

In the works: Advantage Taken, Stationary.
    Published: Mech Legs, and SPS: Sack Positioning System.

There be magic is this here link.

Sackperson Private

PSN
    NinjaMicWZ
    Blog Entries

Yes! What a way to start off the week :D be back when I'm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Trap_T View Post
    I kept getting stuck at the part where the bridge/walkway is broken in two, and I fall into the valley/pit with the broken cars... I can't get passed that...
    Yeah, I was a worried some people might get stuck here. I didn't really give a whole lot of clues and since that area is a bit foggy, it's kind of hard to see. You need to push the wrecked car in the back to the right, so that you can jump up into the crane.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,157

PSN
    CogSpartan
    Blog Entries

Great level! Another masterpiece from a great creator! The only thing that bugged me is the title, you didn't stick with your normal routine by having [Object] [Place] D:

Want me to film this? If so I can get it done by tomorrow!
    My newest level: Sycophant (1Player)
    Check out my Youtube videos, and subscribe if you like them!

Quote Originally Posted by Cog View Post
    Great level! Another masterpiece from a great creator! The only thing that bugged me is the title, you didn't stick with your normal routine by having [Object] [Place] D:
    Haha! You don't even know how I much I struggled with that! I just couldn't think of anything that I liked. I'm still not 100% satisfied with Manufactured Madness, but I'll probably stick with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cog View Post
    Want me to film this? If so I can get it done by tomorrow!
    Sure, that'd be great!

Sackperson Private

PSN
    NinjaMicWZ
    Blog Entries

Cool. I think you, geosautus, and jackofcourse are very similar. Comparable in that you both have only a few levels, but what is there is pound for pound great, memorable, and each experience is totally unique from the last with new ideas, eye popping effects and a world that feels totally it's own. They're also straight, good old fashioned fun.

Anyway... I loved the world of this level, I love the design, the balance of platforming and bits of puzzle solving (I didn't realize I had superhuman strength until I tried :P), the effects, the robot design - very cartoony, but sticker to have life and complexity - I love all the industrial stylings, machines, and mood - great use of what is normally a terribly ugly cardboard material, to make things feel desolate and wasted. Great use of rocket smoke in the right places. Crashing through the window was great (wish there was a wee bit more of a ride right there, but still great), the bus ride was probably the best action sequence I've seen and a good challenge. I also like your rescue reward system. This reminds me alot of the 3000 A.D. era of Chrono Trigger and the Robo side missions - I like sci-fi alot when it's done right in LBP, and your few bits of dialogue perfectly set the stage for a quick story.

Little details, like what you had in Zephyr Valley to create depth and perspective in the background like telephone poles, window views of buildings - things like that don't get noticed much, but they should.

I like the way the robot seige on the bus was in the backplane, but you used an invisible hit box in the front plane for them to receive damage. Good use of the technique, and gave that section proper depth - probably the only way they could roll by on a higher platform that was actually open to fire too.

Although the quietness of the level seemed to add to the lifelessness of the world, I would have liked alot more sound on things... a whole bunch from the mechanical sound set, like squeaky metal, metal clank, mechanism engage, steam engine etc on elevators, robots, and conveyor belts... the presses - some sensor switches set to speed so that when you're approaching heavy machine areas you hear the noise progressively build towards the most active part of it. Slight squeaks when the molten tubs tip, and when the one you swing from sways side to side (switch dead center, and a key on either side, set to speed should give those the perfect sound). Some more present vehicle sounds etc It's hard to find a balance where sounds are ambient and help with immersion, but not deafening and annoying... so it's entirely up to you, as it's just my style to slather things with sounds. It's absolutely 5 stars, and I'm happy with it either way. Another good one for industrial stuff is chainsaw from monster pack, and the windmill and mechanism stop from SotC pack.

I also like how you did your cinematic intro with two small billboards that were in context with the level, and used the thermometer for what counts.
    Last edited by NinjaMicWZ; 07-13-2009 at 04:20 AM.

8. Thanks!

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 109
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Trap_T

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMicWZ View Post
    Although the quietness of the level seemed to add to the lifelessness of the world, I would have liked alot more sound on things... a whole bunch from the mechanical sound set, like squeaky metal, metal clank, steam engine etc on elevators, robots, and conveyor belts... the presses - some sensor switches set to speed so that when you're approaching heavy machine areas you hear the noise progressively build towards the most active part of it. Some more present vehicle sounds etc It's hard to find a balance where sounds are ambient and help with immersion, but not deafening and annoying... so it's entirely up to you, as it's just my style to slather things with sounds. It's absolutely 5 stars, and I'm happy with it either way.
    I second this.

In the works: Advantage Taken, Stationary.
    Published: Mech Legs, and SPS: Sack Positioning System.

There be magic is this here link.

10. Thanks!

Tarsier Level Designer comphermc's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,725
    Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Well, Ninja pretty much said everything that my head was too overwhelmed to formulate into words. You, sir, have managed to find yourself in the ranks of the all-time greats of LBP. You never cease to amaze me. Another 5 star level, and an automatic heart. This level is ripe with goodness, from the enemy designs, to the complicated mechanisms at work, to the fire effects, to the overall detail, and the fantastic scripted events. Kudos.

Now get this man a crown.

No need to do F4F, but if you want, check out my latest level, "Brain Chain Mini-Game". I have a contest going...
    Last edited by comphermc; 07-13-2009 at 05:02 AM.
    Mm Picks: Roller INC 2 | Wizard: Chapter 1 | LittleBigPrius
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube
    Lbp.me profile: comphermc | LittleBigplanet 2 Create Tutorials: LBPlanetorials

12. Thanks!

After playing this masterpiece, I've come to the conclusion that I hate you. Every level you make is pure awesome wrapped up in a bow of extra coolness, and this one ups the ante. I demand that you stop making the background environment look just as good as the level itself, and I am quite peeved at how well everything else looked (great enemy designs, great level design, and the way you made the fire was brilliant). Then there's these cute and simple stories you put together that fit the levels so well, and it makes us normal creators look bad. These injustices must be stopped!

There's only one thing that actually bothered me and it was the lack of noises. I was expecting more crashes, squeaks, and rumblings, but the thermo has to give at some point, so it's okay.

Overall, a well deserved and a heart.
    I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally.

F4F: Operation: Nuclear Nuisance | Morning Rush | Hectic Hallways | The Dungeon

14. Thanks!

Awesome, a new level from one of my favorite creators! The pics look great, I'm so glad the thing in your sig saying "nothing for now, maybe something small" was a lie and now even better news you will be working on Zephyr Valley 2 . I'll check it out and give feedback as soon as I play it.

Looking for some great levels to play? Follow me on Twitter!

Newest Level:
    A Helping Hand
    (View on LBP.me)

Working on:
    A Pirate's Tale

16. Thanks!

Dude i just turned off my Ps3...now i have to turn it back on again. I'm a big fan of your levels. Be back with some thoughts...

18. Thanks!

Grand Den Mod-er of LBPC Morgana25's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 853

PSN
    Morgana25

Really top notch work again. Fantastic billboard title. Very subtle. Great ligthting and the molten metal crucibles look great! Thought the robot design was wonderful too. Nifty trick with the paintinator and the robots on the bus ride too. I'm not sure how the paintinator is triggered on the bus but with two people it didn't show up until the bus blew up the first time when I was playing 2x. Still working out how to get to some of your "hidden" in plain sight bubbles too.

Gave it 5 stars & hearted! Thanks for sharing yet another fun level!

sig by chuck_18mp illustration by TheZimInvader

Chroma Stone Chronicles Veriddian's Gem | Pyrra's Gem | Cerrulean's Gem | Irridia's Gem | Abyssia's Lair
    Dragons of Myth Egypt | Teotihuacan | Iceland | Greece
    Fire and Ice
    Sackrificed MM Picked! lbp.me link for Sackrificed

Morgana25 on lbp.me

Don't mess with Morgana or you get the wand

20. Thanks!

Wow. Another masterpiece. You always seem to pick unique themes and environments and this was no different. I love the whole junkyard, factory, desolate town environment. The obstacles were unique and very fluid. The amount of care, detail and polish that went into this level really shows.

I was expecting a boss battle, like against a giant robot or something, but the whole level was so awesome it didnt matter.

It seems like you can probably pull off any theme and make it epic. I kinda feel like we have that in common as creators, but you can probably pull off any theme way better than me. Anyway, outstanding job on this one.

I would really, greatly appreciate a quick thought or two on my wrestling level. "LBPC Wrestling Presents: Sack-A-Mania!" (PSN:amblaze) (its on cool pages 1, but just in case you don't check out cool pages)I don't have a level thread on it, but any opinion of yours would be nice.

22. Thanks!

YESSSSS..!

Why does your signature say that you weren't working of anything if you actually were? D:

Anyways, who cares. When I saw this post, I immedediately jumped to the ps3.

First of all, lemme say, that I loved how you did such a little tittle sequence. Where everybody goes high n' epic -wich is no bad thing-, you did such a simple yet effective thing. I liked that!

The story, it's as always, effective. I mean, there's no need for you to put big plots in the level, because somehow the story it's just the excuse to free the good robots and kick the ***** of the bad ones. And I'm sure everybody loves that.

It's curious how on every differnt level, you go for a different theme; first mulberry, afterwards basilisk bog and zephyr valley. I have to admit that the aesthetics of this level... well, I didn't like them. But it's not that they were badly done; -in fact, it was polished in such an incredible way- it's just that generally, I don't like industrial looking and dark stuff. But that's nothing I can complain about.

Oh, and as always, amazing character design. Seriously. Just by putting some curves into the robots and not making them square looking, and going for wheels instead of robotics legs... I dunno when I saw that before, but those kind are probably my favorite kind of robots.

All in all, this level, is always top notch, specially coming from my favorite creator, who happens to be you (it made my day when trough zephyr valley I found out all of your stuff). So, I give you and a heart, obviusly.

Ok, now for those little things that you might want to know if you ever decide to edit the level:

-I think that is after the first elevator when you find a robot that fires missiles to you, a robot wich is, I think inmobile, unless the 2nd one, and that you have to beat using the paintinator. What happened to me here is that the robot killed me, and I kept respawning at the checkpoint, with happened to be on the same layer as the missiles, so I kept respawning and instantly dying, without nothing I could do. I had to restart the level.
    Ok, this was the serious thing, now for the lil' ones

-There's a part where you have to grab some containers and pass over flamethrowers, that keep stoping/throwingflames/stoping/throwing flames/stoping... (you get the idea; I didn't know how to explain it, unless your levels, my english isn't top notch). Just at the end, there's a flamethrower that's really near to the bottom of the container, onto you're grabbing, so you have high chances of dying. What I didn 't know is that you have to let go BEFORE that, so... if you want the level to prevent fools like me dying o there, maybe some kind of indication may do.

Thanks for making my day once again! I do really look up to you when it comes at making levels!

As for the feedback, I'd love you to leave it on my super very soon soon incoming level, Lafarge's Request. I shall PM you when the time comes. Thanks again!

24. Thanks!

Gotta say, I'm a tad disappointed. I'm sitting here at work, jump in to take a quick look at whats going on.... and mrsupercomputer has a new level out!

Now I have to drive all the way home during lunch, skip eating, and play this so it's existance doesn't drive me nuts all day!

This better be good or I'm hoppin' a plain to St. Louis with a stick!....
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

Thanks for all the great feedback everyone!

Crashing through the window was great (wish there was a wee bit more of a ride right there, but still great), the bus ride was probably the best action sequence I've seen and a good challenge. I also like your rescue reward system.
    The car crashing through the window was a section that I originally cut out of the original and then brought back when I rebuilt this version. That car was actually the first thing I built for this level and originally you were gonna ride on it at the end. Of course, once I made the bus, that all changed, but I still wanted to squeeze the car in there somehow, so that's why it's so short. I wish it were a bit longer as well.

I also had to scale back the bus ride as well, but I'm glad I left enough in for you to still enjoy it!

Although the quietness of the level seemed to add to the lifelessness of the world, I would have liked alot more sound on things..
    Yeah, I hear you loud and clear. Adding sound effects is usually the last thing I do in the level and I usually like to hold off with some details to make sure I won't need the thermo for some kind of fix or something.

I also like how you did your cinematic intro with two small billboards that were in context with the level, and used the thermometer for what counts.
    Yeah, those were both added at the very end, right before I published. I don't usually make title sequences, but I had the billboard idea and just couldn't resist!

Quote Originally Posted by RickTheRipper View Post
    After playing this masterpiece, I've come to the conclusion that I hate you. Every level you make is pure awesome wrapped up in a bow of extra coolness, and this one ups the ante. I demand that you stop making the background environment look just as good as the level itself, and I am quite peeved at how well everything else looked (great enemy designs, great level design, and the way you made the fire was brilliant). Then there's these cute and simple stories you put together that fit the levels so well, and it makes us normal creators look bad. These injustices must be stopped!

Quote Originally Posted by Morgana25 View Post
    Really top notch work again. Fantastic billboard title. Very subtle. Great ligthting and the molten metal crucibles look great! Thought the robot design was wonderful too. Nifty trick with the paintinator and the robots on the bus ride too. I'm not sure how the paintinator is triggered on the bus but with two people it didn't show up until the bus blew up the first time when I was playing 2x. Still working out how to get to some of your "hidden" in plain sight bubbles too.
    Ninja told me about the paintinator issue as well. I have a switch set on the bus to emit it and I'm thinking I might have set it to require all, so one player might jump down and block it before it emits. I'm off to fix that right now, thanks for letting me know!

Quote Originally Posted by antman View Post
    I was expecting a boss battle, like against a giant robot or something, but the whole level was so awesome it didnt matter.
    That was the plan originally, but sadly it just didn't fit and I liked trying something a bit different with the bus escape.

Quote Originally Posted by antman View Post
    I would really, greatly appreciate a quick thought or two on my wrestling level. "LBPC Wrestling Presents: Sack-A-Mania!" (PSN:amblaze) (its on cool pages 1, but just in case you don't check out cool pages)I don't have a level thread on it, but any opinion of yours would be nice.
    Man, I played that the other day and LOVED it! I searched for a thread to leave feedback on it! You should really make one, that level is hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by Keldur View Post
    Why does your signature say that you weren't working of anything if you actually were? D:
    I get so wrapped up in creating the level that I often forget about updating my signature. I will do better in the future!

It's curious how on every differnt level, you go for a different theme; first mulberry, afterwards basilisk bog and zephyr valley. I have to admit that the aesthetics of this level... well, I didn't like them. But it's not that they were badly done; -in fact, it was polished in such an incredible way- it's just that generally, I don't like industrial looking and dark stuff. But that's nothing I can complain about.
    Well, I guess I will admit that I also don't like the aesthetics! Working on this thing every day made me depressed! My next level or levels will be back to bright and colorful for sure!

-I think that is after the first elevator when you find a robot that fires missiles to you, a robot wich is, I think inmobile, unless the 2nd one, and that you have to beat using the paintinator. What happened to me here is that the robot killed me, and I kept respawning at the checkpoint, with happened to be on the same layer as the missiles, so I kept respawning and instantly dying, without nothing I could do. I had to restart the level.
    Ok, this was the serious thing, now for the lil' ones
    Ahh, good catch. I just fixed it. Thanks!

-There's a part where you have to grab some containers and pass over flamethrowers, that keep stoping/throwingflames/stoping/throwing flames/stoping... (you get the idea; I didn't know how to explain it, unless your levels, my english isn't top notch). Just at the end, there's a flamethrower that's really near to the bottom of the container, onto you're grabbing, so you have high chances of dying. What I didn 't know is that you have to let go BEFORE that, so... if you want the level to prevent fools like me dying o there, maybe some kind of indication may do.
    Okay, I'll take a look. Maybe I'll add an arrow or something like that pointing to the platform.

As for the feedback, I'd love you to leave it on my super very soon soon incoming level, Lafarge's Request. I shall PM you when the time comes. Thanks again!
    Will do!

Again, thanks to all for the great feedback and I'll be taking a look at all of your levels very soon!

27. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CCubbage View Post
    This better be good or I'm hoppin' a plain to St. Louis with a stick!....
    *gulp*

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 734
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Dr_Vab

Another level from mrsupercomputer! This is definitely going to be a good level.

I'm going to be writing this as I play the level:

-First off the music and the scenery already give this level an eerie atmosphere which is good.

-I really like the billboard intro; it's simple yet very effective.

-I just got in the factory and usually I don't like the scenery of levels that are dark like this, but you did a very good job with it from the looks of it.

-Wow, the platforming may be simple, but feels so smooth, I like how you spaced the bubbles perfectly apart.

-Got on the conveyor belt and got a little confused at first (went the wrong way), but that's very minor.

-Just got passed the giant spinning cogs and I really liked it. Once again it felt really smooth and was also pretty original as well. The scenery also continues to be top notch despite me hating these types of dark levels.

-The enemy is pretty cool and I like whatever he fires at you. If he kills you though he can repeatedly kill you since he fires right past the checkpoint.

-I just got to the car part and got confused at first (didn't know if you could grab the car), maybe you could make more obvious for the player that you can.

-I loved the glass breaking effect these kind of details are really important.

-I like the conveyer belt part, I think that fire effect is pretty cool.

-Just got to the part where the giant... buckets pour fire on you, it was pretty good, but I couldn't really see the part you were supposed to land on. Maybe put some lights on it to make it more obvious to the player.

-Just got past the part where you grab on to that box and guide it past the fire. I thought it was cool and original. The only thing though I once again couldn't really see the platform you were supposed to land on, and that last fire part killed me a few times.

-The bus part is pretty fun, I didn't realize at first you had that invisible block that you were suppose to shoot so I didn't know what to really shoot at first, but it was a really cool and epic part. (Just to let you know, if a player loses all of his lives until he only has one left the bus doesn't reappear causing the player to commit suicide, so just make the bus emmit one more time.)

Just finished the level! It had a good length to it. I got 9th place, but I'm sure I won't be there to long, I'll probably end up playing this again trying to get a higher score.

Overall this is a phenomenal level, everything about it is epic! This maybe my favorite level of yours, and that's saying a lot considering how much I like all your levels.

I gave it , hearted it, and tagged it Brilliant

I would really appreciate it if you could F4F my level The Unfair Platformer and let me know how I can improve the sequel.

Thanks!
    My newest Level: Quick Switch

30. Thanks!

I'm looking forward to checking this one out. From the screenshots alone it looks like its going to be a winner.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast