BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Hyper Sphere Revolution

Hyper Sphere Revolution by MrsSpookyBuz
    The Sphere has (r)evolved! Spin, speed and spiral your way through a course that will test your skill, your timing, and your nerve! It's a non-stop dash to the finish; it's a 360-second short-sharp-shock against the clock; it's the BEAT that your HEART will miss! Thank you, and I hope you have lots of FUN!

Teaser Images...

1. Spiral Madness

2. Careful!

3. Wheel of Death, Anyone?

4. No time for Sightseeing!

2. Thanks!

Ok, I played twice - once to get used to it, and once for fun..... a LOT of fun! My son was watching and he said "HOW does she come up with all these ideas?"

Once again, you've shown why you're one of the best - fantastic style, great and unique play mechanics. Even though it seems simple to look at, the gameplay is tweaked just right and allows for a lot of depth from perfecting play in the different areas.

I LOVED the swing arms that throw you through the glass tunnels... the first time I played I didn't do well on them and it took me a while to get through.... but on the second run I learned to throw myself with quick enough timing so that it felt like I was a bullet through the whole section - got my adrenaline pumping!

Brilliant work - 5 stars (although they probably didn't register) and a heart!

I left my son playing it - after he saw me play it he wanted to give it a shot.
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

4. Thanks!

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Overall activity: 0%
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    MrsSpookyBuz
    Blog Entries

Thanks very much, Cub. Much appreciated. (I think that you've just about set the standard for a decent score - I can't get much more than 25K).

Glad too about your son's interest! This level can be as easy or hard as you want it to be - the adults can concentrate on getting a high score and the kids can have fun being flung about all over the place!

Thanks again for your kind words - they mean a lot.

(PS - Tell him to sticker the level again! lol)

Little Big Aquarium | Darkness Falls | Dragon Rider 1, 2 & 3 | The Sandcastle (spotlighted!)
    Hyper Cube (Mm Pick!) | Hyper Cube 2 | Hyper Cube 3 | Hyper Cube Frenzy (spotlighted!)
    Hyper Sphere (spotlighted!) | Hyper Sphere Revolution (spotlighted!) | Hyper Sphere Pandemonium (spotlighted!)
    Project GENESIS: Prelude (spotlighted!) | Project GENESIS: Requiem (spotlighted!)

MrsSpookyBuz: YouTube Channel

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 352
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    poms

I'll have a look at it tomorrow night and I'll post my impressions. I'm sure I'll enjoy it xD. I'm amazed how you build your levels that quick... and that good!
    You're a LBP hard worker!

Profesional water drinker swanbrown's Avatar
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 559
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    swanbrown
    Blog Entries

Default Fan-freaking-tastic!

Holy crow! thats great!

I happened on this level, and recognized you as the author. Not realizing you were one of these freakishly good creators (I'm new here), I played it.

It'a sort of a shame that it's a race, Because there is so much nice stuff to see, so I decided to ignore the timer and just have fun. I had ALOT of fun.

there's a part with an emiter of floaty doughnuts; the first time I grabbed one, I died instantly (got smushed). It seemed okay after that, so maybe a one time thing.

WOW! my favorites page is getting better all the time, since I Joined LBPC!
    Last edited by swanbrown; 08-01-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Gradient Work Shop 2.2
    Photo studio utility(and gallery)
    Also, Music by gadders LBPC members create more than just levels.
    & LBPC Folding Team Gadders helping to fight real-world ailments!

8. Thanks!

It's no surprise to learn that you're one of my favourite creators, MrsSpookyBuz. The Hyper Cube series was immaculate, and you took a further step with the original Hyper Sphere - which WAS probably my favourite level of all.

Until now.

Oh my goodness, Hyper Sphere Revolution is absolutely brilliant. It's an assault on the senses. I swear to you my hands were sweating! On the face of it, it's a series of circular-based puzzles and obstacles, but how on Earth do you make the pacing so good?!! Forget that question, because I honestly couldn't care less about the hows and whys. This level is a blast, and for about five-and-a-half minutes, I was in the zone and forgot about everything else. Brilliant stuff.

I'm having a brilliant night tonight - I've just played Space Escape by jwwphotos which was superb and very funny, and now I've played this sublime level of amazing style and fun, I'm over the moon!

You know, there may be technically 'better' creators than you, there may even be a few better 'creative' creators than you (your Dragon levels are hard to beat on that score, mind), but I honestly don't think there are many who could improve on your ability to structure a brilliantly balanced level.

I sound like an obsessed fan, I know, but you deserve it. Very well done, and thank you so much.
    "My middle name is 'Luck'. Unfortunately, my first name is 'Bad'!"

10. Thanks!

Sackperson Sergeant

PSN
    hybrid-leader
    Blog Entries

wil try it

Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    MrsSpookyBuz
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LBP--Sentinel View Post
    This level is a blast, and for about five-and-a-half minutes, I was in the zone and forgot about everything else.
    Some very kind words, LBP--Sentinel, and I'm very flattered. I've highlighted your quote above because it sums up what I was trying to do with the level - whether technical, creative or whatever, I just wanted to make it fun, because that's why we're all here.

I very much appreciate your comments; thank you

Little Big Aquarium | Darkness Falls | Dragon Rider 1, 2 & 3 | The Sandcastle (spotlighted!)
    Hyper Cube (Mm Pick!) | Hyper Cube 2 | Hyper Cube 3 | Hyper Cube Frenzy (spotlighted!)
    Hyper Sphere (spotlighted!) | Hyper Sphere Revolution (spotlighted!) | Hyper Sphere Pandemonium (spotlighted!)
    Project GENESIS: Prelude (spotlighted!) | Project GENESIS: Requiem (spotlighted!)

Sackperson Sergeant

PSN
    hybrid-leader
    Blog Entries

whoooo 22 at the highscore

ohyea someone has set a H4H comment in that level

I love this level!
    Great design, fantastic gameplay, high replay value and fun, fun, fun!
    You have some really nice stuff going on in this level (love the swinging arms, simple but ingenious), the spiral things were very cool as well. 5 stars, hearted and a big, big, FUN tag for you

misty.

15. Thanks!

Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 585
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    coyote_blue
    Blog Entries

5 Stars and Tricky. I'll tag it brilliant when I replay it the next zillion times.

All of your play mechanics are unique and inventive. I had no idea what to do in the pinwheel room, until I gave up and started playing around. Then I realized, "oh. This room is just for playing around!" I echo Cub's sentiment on the fling arms. I was crap at first, but then started flinging INTO the next swing.

Loved the use of Sudden Crush Death on the level launcher.

I think what makes your "action" levels singular in the community is the paring down of distraction without sacrificing appearance. I called you the Francine Lloyd Wright of LBP at one point, and I believe that assessment stands. You have a good eye for unified theming, material selection, and tailoring space to purpose.

Also of note, I ran through with Wap a minute ago, and I noticed multiplayer is less aggravating in this level than it normally is. At the monkeybars (monkeyspheres?) section, I got a good run going, stopped halfway to wait for Wap, then kept right on trucking. I all too frequently see getting separated = instant death, and this level made it feel much more like we could control the chaos.

I don't think my one vote should be enough to force the decision, but an infinite lives checkpoint would make sense for me at the point where you have to run-jump-stop, run-jump-stop over the electrified spheres. I almost failed the level both times I played.

Anyway, Dame Spooky, you continue to rock. I have a sticker at the ready for your haters.

17. Thanks!

Sackperson Sergeant

PSN
    hybrid-leader
    Blog Entries

you most give out that sticker thats on the checkpoints if you ace the level

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 1,237
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Greetings MrsSpookyBuz!

This was I think one of the best yet of the cube and sphere of Hyper series. I liked the fast and fun pace that led you into each new crazy element of excitement. Loved the spiral thingies (I think that is a tech term) as well as the tube shooter things and the jump spheres. And those slot rider things?!?! Hokey smokes! Wowzers.. nifty fun for everyone.

My only complaint much like your comment in my thread level was my score. I didn't fare so well and need to try it several more times to chart my path a bit better to get a better time and score!!!

Easily 5 and a heart and shows why you are so highly regarded!!! Awesome job!!!

..and thanks again for the awesome words of praise on my level thread!
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

20. Thanks!

The REAL Stephanie Ravens
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    wdddffffff
    Blog Entries

Talk about milking a series. What is this, the 6th one? I'll check it out, probably because it'll be on the first page of Cool Levels, though.

PSN
    MrsSpookyBuz
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by coyote_blue View Post
    Anyway, Dame Spooky, you continue to rock. I have a sticker at the ready for your haters.
    LOL! This is the funniest quote I've had!

Thank you for your candour, coyote! I'm glad you managed to make it through on multiplayer - it was something I agonised over and over. More importantly, I'm glad you had fun. That's all that matters to me. Cheers, mate

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast