BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,964
    Overall activity: 57.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Default Space Escape *** Spotlighted!!! *** :)

Space Escape *** Spotlighted!!! *** by jwwphotos
    While in stasis for the return trip home, your ship has been collected by an alien spacecraft for scrap. Your only chance of survival is to get off the ship, but the ship's automated pest control system doesn't seem to like you. (1 - 2 player suggested, but 4 can manage via co op)

This was a wacky idea I had one day that started with a gun turret and ended up being an entire level! The story developed along the way as I worked a path backward to figure out where the beginning was and answer the question.. now how the heck did I get here?

Difficulty medium with a few challenges as well as some secrets. Two of which many of you have as they are the LBPC sticker and object!

Many thanks to Morgana25, CCubbage, GrantosUK, Poms, julesyjules, Killian, RickRock__777, and mrsupercomputer for their suggestions and play testing. You folks are all so awesome and I do so appreciate the kindness you extended to me.

All fonts were created by me except for the words Coming Soon which I have to thank Lite_Sleeper for his fonts. I also have to thank him for his color creator level for the custom colors used.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I had creating it.

New!! Review by YouTube - Lbp - Space Escape by Jwwphotos (PART 1) (aka asmasheduppumpkin5 on youtube)

Here are few pics.. Though the lighting is much better in person rather than from these.

Thanks so much!!

Last edited by jwwphotos; 12-31-2010 at 03:28 PM. Reason: Removed F4F

2. Thanks!

Looks pretty good. I'll check it out.

4. Thanks!

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Overall activity: 0%
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    MrsSpookyBuz
    Blog Entries

Woah, that looks pretty darn interesting...

I'll definately play this and give you my thoughts!

Little Big Aquarium | Darkness Falls | Dragon Rider 1, 2 & 3 | The Sandcastle (spotlighted!)
    Hyper Cube (Mm Pick!) | Hyper Cube 2 | Hyper Cube 3 | Hyper Cube Frenzy (spotlighted!)
    Hyper Sphere (spotlighted!) | Hyper Sphere Revolution (spotlighted!) | Hyper Sphere Pandemonium (spotlighted!)
    Project GENESIS: Prelude (spotlighted!) | Project GENESIS: Requiem (spotlighted!)

MrsSpookyBuz: YouTube Channel

6. Thanks!

I liked it a lot. Story reminded me of Aliens.

8. Thanks!

Tarsier Level Designer comphermc's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,725
    Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Played it and loved it. You've made some small changes since you showed it to me last, but the level looks great. It's nothing too challenging, but definitely not a cake walk. I think I found all of the hidden stuffs, and found a place I think you should put one more hidden thing:

[SPOILER]Right after the conveyor section, you can pull one of the chunks of material over to the left and actually get up on the second ledge above. I was expecting to find something up there, but was saddened to learn there wasn't anything...or did I miss it?[/SPOILER]

The dialogue throughout was quite humorous, as were some of the little scripted moments (chicken on a rope). I also really enjoyed the little automated mop-buckets. Call me crazy, but they were probably my favorite part of the level, haha (not to take anything away from the rest of it). It really put me over the edge when one of them was cleaning the text at the very end. There were other parts I enjoyed, but mostly I was impressed with the little fun things throughout the level (rocket jump platforms, rocket lifts, paintinator sleds, ziplines, etc.).

The only thing I would've liked to see is a little indicator at the end telling me how many of the "health packs" I found. Maybe a prize for finding them all? Granted, most of them were pretty easy, but you could even add in a few more that are hard to get to - everyone loves hidden stuff.

Anyways, and hearted. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: to above poster - to me it seemed like a mix between aliens and the potential to be a bit like Portal. Evil computer AI in control of the ship, ftw?
    Mm Picks: Roller INC 2 | Wizard: Chapter 1 | LittleBigPrius
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube
    Lbp.me profile: comphermc | LittleBigplanet 2 Create Tutorials: LBPlanetorials

10. Thanks!

This level is REALLY fun - fantastic platforming, challenging. This is definately your best level yet.... even if it doesn't end up being your most popular (it's hard to beat a page 1 highest rated racer ).

PROS

+ Electric Mop buckets!
    + LOVED the hanging part where you time drop to the next grabby thing
    + Very polished
    + Humor - "THIS looks safe...." - loved it.
    + Fantastic paintinator design.

CONS

- This isn't really a CON, but the platforms that push you up into the air really fast - just be aware on 2 player this mechanic, although VERY cool, may fail in multi player lag.

5 stars (if they registered....) and a heart - great job!
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

12. Thanks!

This was a really awesome level with that Jww humor we all have grown to love!

+ Yep, those Mop Buckets
    + The chicken wing
    + Paintinator race
    + The chicken wing
    + Great platforming
    + The chicken wing
    + Good looking and yet lenghty
    + The chicken wing
    + The jump-cart
    + The chicken wing
    + Lots of hidden secrets
    + The chicken wing

- As that loveable fish mentioned above me, the rocketplatforms can get tricky in multiplayer
    - Sequel is not published yet

Gave it 5 stars, hearted it and tagged it "Hilarious"

-
    PSN: Zwoltopia

My Levels: Sir Sackboy, The Accidental Hero: Chapter I , Chapter II , Chapter III (preview)
    Other published bits & sideprojects: Leroy Wolfgang (character contest) Proto Droid 2000 (Retro-robot contest)
    Be obnoxious, be the first! Join The First Group! | The Caption Contest - ROUND 29!!

14. Thanks!

Hi jww

Wow, what a refreshingly different level! I really enjoyed it, and the humour was something to behold.

Great fun this, and I will recommend it to all my friends.

Nice work, and well done. 5* and hearts from me.
    "My middle name is 'Luck'. Unfortunately, my first name is 'Bad'!"

16. Thanks!

Tarsier Level Designer comphermc's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,725
    Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Hi there. If I time the jump at the right time on the last rocket jump thing, I can see your logikz .

I even managed to nab the top spot!
    Mm Picks: Roller INC 2 | Wizard: Chapter 1 | LittleBigPrius
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube
    Lbp.me profile: comphermc | LittleBigplanet 2 Create Tutorials: LBPlanetorials

18. Thanks!

I had the pleasure of beta testing this level and I really love all the improvements you have made. The level offers a great balance of sci-fi story and humor as well as lots of gameplay variety. There is platforming, paintinator challenges, various enemies, a race, a zipline, etc. Lots of fun stuff packaged into this level!

I think my favorite thing about the level is the mopping robots. Simple, hilarious, and well done. Using the vehicle to reach higher ground was very cool as was the rest of the ship. I did have a bit of trouble with the conveyor section. The debris kept clogging my way out, which made for a frustrating couple of minutes.

The boss was very cool and I think you managed to get the plasma shots timed about right. I know that I had criticized that during the beta, but they felt more fair during this run. Especially with the last two enemies.

Great job!

EDIT: OH! I forgot to mention the chicken wing! Hilarious!

20. Thanks!

Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by comphermc View Post
    Played it and loved it. You've made some small changes since you showed it to me last, but the level looks great. It's nothing too challenging, but definitely not a cake walk. I think I found all of the hidden stuffs, and found a place I think you should put one more hidden thing:

[spoiler]Right after the conveyor section, you can pull one of the chunks of material over to the left and actually get up on the second ledge above. I was expecting to find something up there, but was saddened to learn there wasn't anything...or did I miss it?[/spoiler]

The dialogue throughout was quite humorous, as were some of the little scripted moments (chicken on a rope). I also really enjoyed the little automated mop-buckets. Call me crazy, but they were probably my favorite part of the level, haha (not to take anything away from the rest of it). It really put me over the edge when one of them was cleaning the text at the very end. There were other parts I enjoyed, but mostly I was impressed with the little fun things throughout the level (rocket jump platforms, rocket lifts, paintinator sleds, ziplines, etc.).

The only thing I would've liked to see is a little indicator at the end telling me how many of the "health packs" I found. Maybe a prize for finding them all? Granted, most of them were pretty easy, but you could even add in a few more that are hard to get to - everyone loves hidden stuff.

Anyways, and hearted. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: to above poster - to me it seemed like a mix between aliens and the potential to be a bit like Portal. Evil computer AI in control of the ship, ftw?
    Thanks! Glad you enjoyed the improvements. Most honored you like it! After you played it with me I felt I had to dig some places for some surprises. ..though I never thought of putting one there where you suggested! I am at the top with thermo, but if I can squeeze it in.. I will though I hate to change the top score ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by CCubbage View Post
    This level is REALLY fun - fantastic platforming, challenging. This is definately your best level yet.... even if it doesn't end up being your most popular (it's hard to beat a page 1 highest rated racer ).

PROS

+ Electric Mop buckets!
    + LOVED the hanging part where you time drop to the next grabby thing
    + Very polished
    + Humor - "THIS looks safe...." - loved it.
    + Fantastic paintinator design.

CONS

- This isn't really a CON, but the platforms that push you up into the air really fast - just be aware on 2 player this mechanic, although VERY cool, may fail in multi player lag.

5 stars (if they registered....) and a heart - great job!
    Thanks much! Means quite a bit to me that you enjoyed it!

...actually the mop buckets were my girlfriends idea.. imagine her surprise when I had pics printed off the internet of some mop buckets.
    The emer lifts are pretty hard with multiplayer I think I coulda made them weaker, but if two are on it, they don't even move when tuned down.. argh. Managing it with 4 players, but it is possible, just not the easiest due to the game camera angle. I don't set one there as you can't go that wide. Oh well.. lessons learned on scale on devices to sack ratios! Thanks again for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Zwollie View Post
    This was a really awesome level with that Jww humor we all have grown to love!

+ Yep, those Mop Buckets
    + The chicken wing
    + Paintinator race
    + The chicken wing
    + Great platforming
    + The chicken wing
    + Good looking and yet lenghty
    + The chicken wing
    + The jump-cart
    + The chicken wing
    + Lots of hidden secrets
    + The chicken wing

- As that loveable fish mentioned above me, the rocketplatforms can get tricky in multiplayer
    - Sequel is not published yet

Gave it 5 stars, hearted it and tagged it "Hilarious"

-
    Tastes like chicken!! I loved putting that in there. I was laughing the entire time to the point I dropped the controller a few times. I think that is that roadrunner coyote influence as a boy. Thanks so much!! I am so happy you enjoyed. Your wit and humor is always so steller, so I am glad that it made you laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by LBP--Sentinel View Post
    Hi jww

Wow, what a refreshingly different level! I really enjoyed it, and the humour was something to behold.

Great fun this, and I will recommend it to all my friends.

Nice work, and well done. 5* and hearts from me.
    Thanks so much!! Glad you enjoyed! I had such a blast doing this one.

Quote Originally Posted by comphermc View Post
    Hi there. If I time the jump at the right time on the last rocket jump thing, I can see your logikz .

I even managed to nab the top spot!
    Yeah.. dang it.. I had a camera on that top ledge to help avoid that, but a really perfect timed jump will launch you a mile. I had one other buddy do that while I was testing and thought uh oh.. I might be able to rig a housing around it that it would emit behind without having to recapture them in the emitters.. Wish you could just bring it up and inspect without redefining. oh well..

Quote Originally Posted by mrsupercomputer View Post
    I had the pleasure of beta testing this level and I really love all the improvements you have made. The level offers a great balance of sci-fi story and humor as well as lots of gameplay variety. There is platforming, paintinator challenges, various enemies, a race, a zipline, etc. Lots of fun stuff packaged into this level!

I think my favorite thing about the level is the mopping robots. Simple, hilarious, and well done. Using the vehicle to reach higher ground was very cool as was the rest of the ship. I did have a bit of trouble with the conveyor section. The debris kept clogging my way out, which made for a frustrating couple of minutes.

The boss was very cool and I think you managed to get the plasma shots timed about right. I know that I had criticized that during the beta, but they felt more fair during this run. Especially with the last two enemies.

Great job!

EDIT: OH! I forgot to mention the chicken wing! Hilarious!
    Thanks so much.. It means so much to me to hear that knowing how amazing your levels are! I learned quite a bit from them as well as all those that helped me test. You folks are my heroes!!

I may rethink that debris a bit and possibly slow it down. It is kinda wacky timing as it either is way too much or hardly at all. I should have built logic to control the emitters as I could control it much easier... oh well.. another lesson learned. Thanks again for all your help!!
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    MrsSpookyBuz
    Blog Entries

hi jww! Just played your level, and here's what I thought...

Oh yes! What an absolutely brilliant level this is - great looks, great structure, and lots of fun!

I loved the storyline and the 'space' setting. I loved the First Aid stations, and how they spat out bubbles. I loved the humour throughout the level too, very funny in places.

It was an enjoyable mix of platforming and shooting, and the mopping/sweeping robots were genious. I also thought the chicken bait was hilarious.

Overall, my feeling is that this is something I just HAVE to mention to my online friends. My score was the only disappointment (I'm a competitive little so-and-so!), so I will need to revisit. 11th place is no good to me! lol

Well done. Great, enjoyable, funny level. 5* and hearted. Tagged with 'Brilliant'.

Little Big Aquarium | Darkness Falls | Dragon Rider 1, 2 & 3 | The Sandcastle (spotlighted!)
    Hyper Cube (Mm Pick!) | Hyper Cube 2 | Hyper Cube 3 | Hyper Cube Frenzy (spotlighted!)
    Hyper Sphere (spotlighted!) | Hyper Sphere Revolution (spotlighted!) | Hyper Sphere Pandemonium (spotlighted!)
    Project GENESIS: Prelude (spotlighted!) | Project GENESIS: Requiem (spotlighted!)

23. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSpookyBuz View Post
    hi jww! Just played your level, and here's what I thought...

Oh yes! What an absolutely brilliant level this is - great looks, great structure, and lots of fun!

I loved the storyline and the 'space' setting. I loved the First Aid stations, and how they spat out bubbles. I loved the humour throughout the level too, very funny in places.

It was an enjoyable mix of platforming and shooting, and the mopping/sweeping robots were genious. I also thought the chicken bait was hilarious.

Overall, my feeling is that this is something I just HAVE to mention to my online friends. My score was the only disappointment (I'm a competitive little so-and-so!), so I will need to revisit. 11th place is no good to me! lol

Well done. Great, enjoyable, funny level. 5* and hearted. Tagged with 'Brilliant'.

Wow!! MsSpookyBuz likes it? She really likes it! Yeaaaa!! Most honored that you enjoyed it! Means so much! I had such an incredible good time creating this wacky little adventure and so glad you enjoyed playing. ...however your score being a disappointment cannot compare to the disappointment of my score on your new level!!! I will need to improve a bit more as well as leave my comments on your thread. Thanks again!

Profesional water drinker swanbrown's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 720
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    swanbrown
    Blog Entries

I don't know what I could say that hasn't been said above...

this is Just a Really terrific experience.

I had a little trouble with the trash conveyor as well. First because the text box hit right when I landed on the belt and then the trash got jammed up in front and I kept slipping down to the charged bits...BUT since I knew I had infinite life at that point, no real problemo at all! And so, I managed to Bear up under my mediocre skills and pull (in this case push) through!

each task was well rewarded in it's own fashion. Very nice.

I hearted this level, tagged it "great", gave it 5 stars, and commented that any-one giving it less than 4 was a poo-head.

Gradient Work Shop 2.2
    Photo studio utility(and gallery)
    Also, Music by gadders LBPC members create more than just levels.
    & LBPC Folding Team Gadders helping to fight real-world ailments!

26. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by swanbrown View Post
    I don't know what I could say that hasn't been said above...

this is Just a Really terrific experience.

I had a little trouble with the trash conveyor as well. First because the text box hit right when I landed on the belt and then the trash got jammed up in front and I kept slipping down to the charged bits...BUT since I knew I had infinite life at that point, no real problemo at all! And so, I managed to Bear up under my mediocre skills and pull (in this case push) through!

each task was well rewarded in it's own fashion. Very nice.

I hearted this level, gave it 5 stars, tagged it "great",and commented that any-one giving it less than 4 was a poo-head.
    LOL! Glad you enjoyed. This was was really exciting for me to publish. Sorta like opening night at a movie. hey... no popcorn!?

Yeah.. I might slow the conveyor debris down a bit. Just a touchy part as it seems to be feast or famine as I didn't consider the emitters proximity to each other and I think they stall the timing a bit. In play testing it seemed weak so I upped it a touch and got what I though a decent mix. Whoops.. I may have to revisit. Thanks so much for the comments. I will try your other level you have asap, but probably more like tomorrow as my girlfriend now has the controller and might whack me with it if I attempt to snag it back after commanding it so much these past few months. She at least lets me log in to check my level and any messages!!

Take care!

PSN
    MrsSpookyBuz
    Blog Entries

Ha ha, jww! It's so true about considering partners in all this. Oh dear, my husband, Spookybuz, is trying to grab the keyboard off me - I apologise in advance for anything he might say...

Hi Jww, nice level that was. Well done! Tell your good lady partner to fly over here and join me, and I promise to pack MrsSB off to you and we can have a 'LBP Wife Swap'! I promise, in the name of the Queen, there'll be no 'funny business'! I will simply let your good lady enjoy REAL LIFE for a change! Ya know, eating, drinking, walking around! Ooh, the BOSS wants the keyboard back, see ya!

I am so sorry about that (it's MrsSpookyBuz again!). My hubby is lovely, but he's got this habit of thinking there's real life out there! lol. Anyway, I'll leave you in peace now.

29. Thanks!

Since I had the pleasure to have an enlightening conversation with you about jewish photography, and loved the humor that you seemed to put in every paragraph, and taking in account that everybody is praising the humour in this level -something that I love in levels- I'll make sure to give it a try when I can get to a PS3, and give you proper feedback.

Oh, and even if I hasn't see the level for real, I can tell, by just the screenshots that it looks polished and neat, with the exact amount of detail, IMO.

Now I'm eager about it!
    My F4F level: Lafarge's Request (Spotlighted and also MM PICK!!)

31. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSpookyBuz View Post
    Ha ha, jww! It's so true about considering partners in all this. Oh dear, my husband, Spookybuz, is trying to grab the keyboard off me - I apologise in advance for anything he might say...

Hi Jww, nice level that was. Well done! Tell your good lady partner to fly over here and join me, and I promise to pack MrsSB off to you and we can have a 'LBP Wife Swap'! I promise, in the name of the Queen, there'll be no 'funny business'! I will simply let your good lady enjoy REAL LIFE for a change! Ya know, eating, drinking, walking around! Ooh, the BOSS wants the keyboard back, see ya!

I am so sorry about that (it's MrsSpookyBuz again!). My hubby is lovely, but he's got this habit of thinking there's real life out there! lol. Anyway, I'll leave you in peace now.
    Oh.. a message from my girlfriend to you both. She said that she really doesn't mind being a LBP widow as she finds it much cheaper than golf!!She loved your new level as well!!

Quote Originally Posted by Keldur View Post
    Since I had the pleasure to have an enlightening conversation with you about jewish photography, and loved the humor that you seemed to put in every paragraph, and taking in account that everybody is praising the humour in this level -something that I love in levels- I'll make sure to give it a try when I can get to a PS3, and give you proper feedback.

Oh, and even if I hasn't see the level for real, I can tell, by just the screenshots that it looks polished and neat, with the exact amount of detail, IMO.

Now I'm eager about it!
    LOL!!! Glad I intrigued you even without the cute and interesting showcase level marketing poster! I am excited to hear what you think about this one! ..unless it's all bad then I can always shut off the monitor ya see..

Sackperson Private

PSN
    NinjaMicWZ
    Blog Entries

Great level man... alot of fun, creative space adventure. Didn't take itself too seriously, and gave it just the right kind of sci-fi feel because of it. Alot of cool looking stuff, lots of variety.

The look was really loose, and gave it a space junker look that was just right for the theme. I can't give you alot feedback, because I don't really have any complaints. Great stuff.

34. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMicWZ View Post
    Great level man... alot of fun, creative space adventure. Didn't take itself too seriously, and gave it just the right kind of sci-fi feel because of it. Alot of cool looking stuff, lots of variety.

The look was really loose, and gave it a space junker look that was just right for the theme. I can't give you alot feedback, because I don't really have any complaints. Great stuff.
    Thanks so much! Really apprecate the compliments especially having had so much fun and in awe of playing your Free at Last level.

36. Thanks!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast