BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default PS3 control error?

What is the PS3 error:

"The maxium power that can be supplied to the USB device's has been reached. Please remove atleast one."

Or something like that.
    It started to come up yeserday, and now its coming today, i cant use my controller for a few seconds, and its annoying,and with burnout paradise, i can imagen it coming up there too, i would like constantly stop.

How do i get ride of this?

I only have 2 things in my USB slot, controller, and a keyboard.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Dexiro
    Blog Entries

I think it's telling you to unplug the controller from the usb slot

Does this USB Keyboard happen to have USB ports on it? If so, prolonged use of that, and charging a controller while the system is doing something intensive could require more power than the power supply allows for. My suggestion is that if the keyboard isn't necessary at all times, remove it for when you don't need it. Also, unplug the mini-USB end from the controller when it's charged.

Signature and Avatar made by Rhyfelwr.

Quote Originally Posted by BSprague View Post
    Does this USB Keyboard happen to have USB ports on it? If so, prolonged use of that, and charging a controller while the system is doing something intensive could require more power than the power supply allows for. My suggestion is that if the keyboard isn't necessary at all times, remove it for when you don't need it. Also, unplug the mini-USB end from the controller when it's charged.
    The keyboard is logitec, and its wireless.
    IDK if it has ports or what.

Mini USB end? Wow i didn't know you could do that lol.

How do you know when the control needs charged?

7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Dexiro
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Adam9001 View Post
    The keyboard is logitec, and its wireless.
    IDK if it has ports or what.

Mini USB end? Wow i didn't know you could do that lol.

How do you know when the control needs charged?
    Press the PS button and a battery icon should appear in the corner telling you how much it's charged

Just to check you DO know that the controller is wireless right?
    Seems like something everyone should know but just incase
    It sounds to me like you've been charging it for too long and it's asking you to unplug it.
    Last edited by Dexiro; 08-04-2009 at 12:22 PM.

King of General Boards dandygandy2704's Avatar
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 296
    Overall activity: 0%

PSN
    dandygandy2704

When the battery gets low, a message appears on the screen telling you to charge your controller. So I wouldn't connect my controller unless it's charging.
    Ultimate Bundle achieved thanks to Burnvictim42.

Bards: They tend to be spoony.

Quote Originally Posted by Awesomemans
    If a true gamer is a 13 year old screaming racial slurs through his head set because he sucks at video games and only plays them to brag to his friends about achievements, then I'll be a false gamer, thank you.

7. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiro View Post
    Press the PS button and a battery icon should appear in the corner telling you how much it's charged

Just to check you DO know that the controller is wireless right?
    Seems like something everyone should know but just incase
    It sounds to me like you've been charging it for too long and it's asking you to unplug it.
    Yes im a idiot, i didn't know it was wireless LOL!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dandygandy2704 View Post
    When the battery gets low, a message appears on the screen telling you to charge your controller. So I wouldn't connect my controller unless it's charging.
    Ow its been chargeing for 3 months xD

How did you not know it was wireless? When you remove all packaging from the PS3 and wires etc it comes with you have to plug the USB charging wire into the controller lol.

Well i am glad you have figured it out now!

Check out my levels:
    'LittleBigSuperChallenge! UPDATED! 1-4Players!'
    'LittleBigSuperMiniChallenge!'

Quote Originally Posted by Arikardo View Post
    How did you not know it was wireless? When you remove all packaging from the PS3 and wires etc it comes with you have to plug the USB charging wire into the controller lol.

Well i am glad you have figured it out now!
    Becuase im not a idiot (i thought when i got my ps3)
    I just opened the packageing and ignored everything and plugged everything that matched,

3 months and you never noticed the words wireless controler on the back thats classic.

12. Thanks!

haha xD yeah, that's funny liek!

awesome
    You want a good Sig and/or Avatar? Visit this thread to post a request.
    'I'm afraid you have a serious mental problem. The trouble originates in this region, that we in the medical profession refer to as...the Brain!'
    Uhm.. .yeah, i've pretty much gone inactive now :/

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid-Coot View Post
    3 months and you never noticed the words wireless controler on the back thats classic.
    Why would i ever read the back of my controller?

Its so small, and im in dark and i cant read it.

PSN
    Dexiro
    Blog Entries

It must of been nice finding out it was wireless after all that time

It's like a free upgrade!

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiro View Post
    It must of been nice finding out it was wireless after all that time

It's like a free upgrade!
    i know.

But i think the controller is $h!tt3d.

When ever i plug it into charge, this happended to me last night:

The battery was pretty much out, so i plugged it into charge and it kept getting the annoying message "The maxium power that can be supplied to the USB device's has been reached. Please remove atleast one."

So i removed my USB keyboard, but it kept coming up, i had to keep stoping on fat princess, and then going and pressing the PS button, there was nothing in the USB slot but the control.

So i think the controlled is has dyed xD.

Positive Change Advocate Elbee23's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Elbee23
    Blog Entries

Some rechargeable batteries can be over charged, to the point where the battery resets it's maximum capacity to a lower and lower amount, until it get to the point where hardly any charge makes the battery think it is full, when it is not. I don't know if that is what is going on here, but it might be the case.

I find that normally for my heavily used standard controllers I need to recharge them once every 3 days to one week. When the charge is low and it's not connected by wire to the PS3, the player number lights on the top of the controller flash on and off repeatedly, indicating it needs to be recharged. The game will also send a message on screen saying the power supply to the controller is getting low. It appears like any PSN status message, like "Player XYZ has logged on" or something like that, at the top right of the screen in a grey box.

I tend to disconnect USB things from my PS3 when not in use. As I can see from the calculation run times in Life@Playstation, formally known as Folding@Home, even just having a charging cable connected and not charging anything does take up a small amount of the PS3's processing power, and so disconnecting them when not being used helps the processor to work less and therefore last longer.

Hope all this helps.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast