BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Tribal Ruins by jackofcourse - Spotlighted

Tribal Ruins by jackofcourse
    Sackboy is on an adventure through the Tribal Ruins. Navigating through the temples and the arches he must work out the puzzles and hop his way over the dangers to reach the end! 2 player compatible.

Due to the thermo maxing out quite quickly this level is shorter than my others. Depending on feedback I may make a sequel but time will tell. If I find something else that inspires me then all may change

Pictures and Video:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AbArQ0zCew"]YouTube - LittleBigPlanet | Tribal Ruins by jackofcourse | Gameplay (HD)[/ame]

Last edited by jackofcourse; 08-24-2009 at 12:24 AM.

Resident RealityTV Addict GrahamLif3's Avatar
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 444
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    GrahamLif3

Wow this looks really nice! I will definitely try this in about... say... 10 minutes? I can't wait!!

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 587
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Mattifcation

You sure know how to make a level. Only suggestion would be to make the lifts 'require all'. Didn`t cause too many problems but was a pain on one or two occasions.

Other than that it`s very much a Jackofcourse level. Well made and great fun. You even had a ball in a cup! 5 stars of course, Jack.

Sackperson Private jackofcourse's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 372
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jackofcourse

Yeah I know what you mean about the require all. But it's a bit of a double edged sword. It makes it easier getting onto the lift...but then if you don't get out at the exact same time it leaves one of you going back down with it and then stranded at the bottom. At least if it's not set on require all you can go in separately if you don't manage to get in at the same time

Glad you liked it! Thanks for playing!
    Newer LBP2 Level - The Mind Factory
    New LBP2 Level - Rogue Panda Rescue (TV ad level)

Checking this out now, will put up a review within an hour
    | PSN: "Aurongel" | Steam: "Aurongel" | Gamertag: "Aurongel" | Aurongel's Youtube |

Tarsier Level Designer comphermc's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Alright, I just got done playing this. Very nice level. You already noted that it was short, which is really my only complaint. One way to rectify this would be to add an optional race, but stickering something at the beginning. It seemed like it would work very well as a race without taking away from the feel of the level. I really enjoyed the visual style - it reminded me very much of your "Industrial Assistance" level, which is a good thing . I didn't really get a tribal feel from the level, but that's just me. It didn't take away from the level at all, it was just something I figured would be worth noting.

The little mechanisms throughout were very impressive (I feel like this was more a showcase of "Hey, look at the cool things I can make"... ). I really enjoyed the section where the stairs build themselves from 3 columns into 5 - it was very impressive, and lured me into replaying the level once it was over. On the second run, I aced it and nabbed the top score. It would definitely add replayable if there was a race going on. Not sure where it would fit, but it's food for thought. I also enjoyed the final little puzzle. Hell, I enjoyed all the puzzles .

Nitpicks:

You have a few visible wobble bolts on the sponge/swing puzzle right after the second swing/rappel ropes (whatever you want to call them). Also, it's possible to make it down these things without the ropes, but it's too much fun to pass up.

There was one lift/elevator that wanted to go up when you ran behind it (in a different layer). There are two fixes for this, one obviously better than the other.

• Solution 1 (decent, but not great): Make the lift operate on and AND switch, and trigger one half of this AND switch with a PERM gate. Make this PERM gate trigger once you get all the way to right of this back hallway (with a prox switch).
    • Solution 2 (optimal): Trigger the lift with a spotlight. If you put it high enough up, and make it small enough, the light shouldn't be noticeable.

All in all, this was a great level. I've learned that you never fail to impress us (no pressure for your future levels ). Needless to say, you received and a heart. Thanks for sharing.
    Mm Picks: Roller INC 2 | Wizard: Chapter 1 | LittleBigPrius
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube
    Lbp.me profile: comphermc | LittleBigplanet 2 Create Tutorials: LBPlanetorials

dude, i totally love your style. I'm gonna play this right noa!!
    You want a good Sig and/or Avatar? Visit this thread to post a request.
    'I'm afraid you have a serious mental problem. The trouble originates in this region, that we in the medical profession refer to as...the Brain!'
    Uhm.. .yeah, i've pretty much gone inactive now :/

Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jackofcourse

To Comphermc:

Thanks a lot

Yeah I know you can make it down even if you don't use the swingy ropes but they're just there for fun anyway really They're not difficult to use and it's not meant to be a dangerous or anything so I didn't really mind As you said, they're too fun not to use haha.

I know about the lift that wants to go up too...in all honesty...I just couldn't be bothered sorting it haha. That section is part that I just finished (I made the end puzzle when I realised the thermo was going to max out just to make sure I'd get it in). It's 2am here...I just wanted it published and thought it's only a minor thing that doesn't really detract from anything so it will do for now No doubt I will get around to sorting it at some point

Thanks a lot for playing and I'm glad it lived up to your expectations :P
    Last edited by jackofcourse; 08-07-2009 at 01:10 AM.

wow, I just played. Just amazing.

But i was kinda surprised about how short it was :O
    You want a good Sig and/or Avatar? Visit this thread to post a request.
    'I'm afraid you have a serious mental problem. The trouble originates in this region, that we in the medical profession refer to as...the Brain!'
    Uhm.. .yeah, i've pretty much gone inactive now :/

Sackperson Private

PSN
    NinjaMicWZ
    Blog Entries

It was definitely as short as you said, but was very fun and solid all around with your usual highpoints and style of mechanics and visuals showing through. Had some good fun with 2 others in the level. Hearted it and kept the rating where it should be.

Only thing I think could be improved is maybe the part with the moving sensor switch and the red button... if there's any way you can make that button flip over into a flat and level covered pocket while one ball is present it would make that part much more intuitive. The button does add some platforming as something to be avoided while doing it, but just doesn't seem like the smooth and perfect planning I'm used to in your stuff.

That and the elevator you walk past to the right, layer change to the front, and then head left to get into - the one that leads you up to the awesome little basketball shot pads. It starts to activate when a player runs past it from behind before getting to it, making it jerk around... you could probably put an invisible dissolve barrier above the lift to prevent it from jumping up until a player triggers a sensor switch at the end of the hallway... or you could even have the elevator operate off of a tiny spotlight instead of a sensor switch so that it's limited only to the single layer in the front plane and isn't detected when players run behind it on the way there.

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 281
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    FlareSkull
    Blog Entries

Totally forgot about the sensor part....idk if it was on purpouse but maybe make the radius a bit bigger because if you jump too high you have to start over

The Multi-media drunkard GruntosUK's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 510
    PSN
    GruntosUK

I've got a busy day today Jack, but I'll be playing this first thing tomorrow morning, I'll have to flip a coin between yours and Wex's to decide which to play first
    I'm on twitter, Follow me here
    -----------------
    -----------------

Sackperson Lieutenant
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Jggfij
    Blog Entries

...You guys have the really bad habit to release levels while I'm working.
    If you still continue with this behaviour I will be unpleasently forced to spank you.
    Guys, with your wonderful stuff, you're seriously making my work worse
    both in real life and LBP.

Sig by FJT

I played this lvl like 2 hours ago.. wow i loved it pretty cool.. i like the part where you make the sponge bounce to get in the hole that was awesome

I'm going to give this a try later on

Tarsier Level Designer comphermc's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaMicWZ View Post
    Only thing I think could be improved is maybe the part with the moving sensor switch and the red button... if there's any way you can make that button flip over into a flat and level covered pocket while one ball is present it would make that part much more intuitive. The button does add some platforming as something to be avoided while doing it, but just doesn't seem like the smooth and perfect planning I'm used to in your stuff.
    ...or, you could just make the button a grab pad and make it flush with the floor...
    Mm Picks: Roller INC 2 | Wizard: Chapter 1 | LittleBigPrius
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube
    Lbp.me profile: comphermc | LittleBigplanet 2 Create Tutorials: LBPlanetorials

PSN
    jackofcourse

Ninja: I know what you mean about the sensor part with the button. I changed it so you didn't have the button in the way...but my girlfriend said that it was better with it...as it added a bit more challenge due to having to jump over it.

I'm not sure which I prefer, I agree that with the button there it's not as intuitive as my other stuff, because you don't know that the button restarts everything until you've hit it and it's too late I guess.

I'll have to have a think as to whether or not I should change it back!

Thanks for playing everyone!

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 587
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Mattifcation

Quote Originally Posted by jackofcourse View Post
    I changed it so you didn't have the button in the way...but my girlfriend said that it was better with it...as it added a bit more challenge due to having to jump over it.
    Yoko Ono brought about the downfall of the Beatles! Don`t listen to them I tells ya!
    Last edited by Matt 82; 08-07-2009 at 02:16 PM. Reason: spelling

PSN
    jackofcourse

hahaha briliant

Well I've changed it now! Why I didn't think of this earlier I don't know. I've made it into a sponge with a grab switch, but made it quite chunky so it still has to be jumped over, that keeps the platforming element there, but is obviously a bit more forgiving because you don't have to restart over just for touching it.

I feel much better about that bit now actually, I was never 100% happy with it not being easily understandable. Like you said Ninja, I try to get all my levels to flow and to be intuitive.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast