BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default The Good, The Bad, The Sackboy... Episode 3. (Spotlighted)

The Good, The Bad, The Sackboy... Episode 3. by wexfordian
    This is where you wake up to realise everything you thought was real was just an illusion. To make matters worse you only have minutes to save yourself and the crew from disaster. The level has multiple endings, first person cutscenes and first person gameplay. Have fun

Last edited by wexfordian; 08-08-2009 at 04:42 PM.

Sackperson Private jackofcourse's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 372
    Overall activity: 0%
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jackofcourse

Is there any chance this series was inspired by Red Dwarf...I'm sure there is a very similar storyline in there!

Great work, change of theme and some of the little details were awesome. The dangers were innovative and fitted the theme very well too.

I had a bit of trouble with plane shifting on a few occasions. Mainly the part where there's a circle that spins and you have to grab the yellow and black part of it and throw yourself upto the top. The level of complexity in the layers there lead to it being a bit awkward if you don't get it exactly right, but there's not much you can do about that with the level of detail that has been put into it.

Great work. Great series. All 5 stars and hearted.
    Newer LBP2 Level - The Mind Factory
    New LBP2 Level - Rogue Panda Rescue (TV ad level)

3. Thanks!

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 442
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    MrsSpookyBuz
    Blog Entries

WOW!

For me, this is the icing on a delicious cake! Great story twists in this, and some stunning space-age scenery and mechanics! Loved the First-Person perspective in the space ship (which, i noticed, was sackboy shaped!). Loved loved it loved it.

Playing it again right now.

If you don't get knighted for this, the world has gone even madder than it actual is!

Thank you VERY much for all your hard work. Wonderful.

PS - Woah, though, wex. Are you pasting your pictures in here side by side - my screen display has gone to about 8,000 pixels wide! lol )

Little Big Aquarium | Darkness Falls | Dragon Rider 1, 2 & 3 | The Sandcastle (spotlighted!)
    Hyper Cube (Mm Pick!) | Hyper Cube 2 | Hyper Cube 3 | Hyper Cube Frenzy (spotlighted!)
    Hyper Sphere (spotlighted!) | Hyper Sphere Revolution (spotlighted!) | Hyper Sphere Pandemonium (spotlighted!)
    Project GENESIS: Prelude (spotlighted!) | Project GENESIS: Requiem (spotlighted!)

MrsSpookyBuz: YouTube Channel

5. Thanks!

Wow.... this is the best looking space level I've ever seen. The 3D segments, the use of light, material, and shading... this level is absolutely GORGEOUS.... plus it has great gameplay to boot.

Seriously, this entire series is a masterpiece - and will totally keep everyones interest all the way through.

Quote Originally Posted by JackOfCourse
    Is there any chance this series was inspired by Red Dwarf...
    Great series!
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

7. Thanks!

Waiting for LBP2 patch !! mistervista's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 50
    PSN
    mistervista

Nothing much to add. An excellent trilogy with great design as always and great fun to play.

I just noticed jackofcourse mentioned Red Dwarf. I put the same comment in the level comments. Very reminiscent of that. Whether intentional or not that's a good thing.

You've raised the bar again. I really must get cracking with Sheriff Sack 2. I'm never going to emulate your part 1 though. That one raised the bar all the way to the roof. I can't possibly get over that.
    Sig by Rhyfelwr
    : HOMAGE 1: " Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", Sheriff Sack 2: On the trail of Texas Jack,Pirates Of The Caribbean - Part 1: The Compass and Jack Sparrow, PLASMAVILLE-Winner of Sackcast Gadders Trial , Sheriff Sack: Cleaning up the town of Sackwood.

9. Thanks!

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 587
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Mattifcation

Are there multiple endings? It said at the end that I landed on a remote planet. Not sure if I got screwed there or not.

Up to that point it was very well done though. Brillant sci-fi imagery and the 3D part at the start was superb.

11. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 82 View Post
    Are there multiple endings? It said at the end that I landed on a remote planet. Not sure if I got screwed there or not.

Up to that point it was very well done though. Brillant sci-fi imagery and the 3D part at the start was superb.
    Yup - you get to choose your path at the end.
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

13. Thanks!

7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Mattifcation

I see. The thing about that was that it ended what was a great level on a sour note. To be honest I was a little miffed that I had been given a duff ending simply for going right rather than left. Even then I only went right as I was pushing left and right out of curiosity to see the controls move. Next thing I know I`m told I`d crashed without realising what was going on.

15. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt 82 View Post
    I see. The thing about that was that it ended what was a great level on a sour note. To be honest I was a little miffed that I had been given a duff ending simply for going right rather than left. Even then I only went right as I was pushing left and right out of curiosity to see the controls move. Next thing I know I`m told I`d crashed without realising what was going on.
    Well, then.... pay attention to what you're doing! .

The entire level constantly told you that you need to go destroy the meteor, and instead you ran to safety toward a planet, thus leaving the meteor to wreak havoc. You should be more than miffed.... you should be ASHAMED! .

Now go back, play it again, and this time show a bit of courage!
    F4F Participant

17. Thanks!

PSN
    Mattifcation

Haha yes very good. I pushed left and fired twice, then pushed right and fired twice to see what difference it made and all of a sudden I appeared next to a scoreboard being told I`d done something wrong. I just felt it was a little unfair, with my only option being to start again.

My concern really is that kids and idiots will forget about what went before and rate it down when they get the bad ending.

19. Thanks!

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 556
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

This sounds epic, part 3, need to check out the whole series will edit/post when i do

Avatar and sig made by me in MS paint My level

21. Thanks!

Sackperson Lieutenant
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Jggfij
    Blog Entries

Oh man!
    Maybe this is the best series of level ever.
    Wex, if you have done something incredible, from the characters on first part, the awesome train, the cool barrell mechanics.
    Then the second level is absolutely oniric, I like that kind of stuf and all the little visual tricks you made.
    Then third level blew everything off.
    I thought that you had some pain in your back after all the candyK praise, and you showed you have the power to kick real @sses.
    15 stars for you man.
    VERY
    WELL
    DESERVED

Sig by FJT

23. Thanks!

25 CHARACTERS IS NOT ENOU AAAARRRRDDDD's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 1,067
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    CogMonkey_

Ok, I just played through all 3 with MrsSB and Zwollie, and all I have to say is "Wow..."

Seriously, these are THE BEST LEVELS I HAVE EVER PLAYED!!!

I'm emailing Mm about this, RIGHT NOW!

Join the super cool Sackinima Forums!
    Follow me on Twitter! @COGMONKEY

25. Thanks!

Sackperson Private

PSN
    NinjaMicWZ
    Blog Entries

The intro is magnificent, really and truly it's ridiculously cool and it's something I actually want to see people steal and take to the next level - a genius idea. Overall a great level, tons of cool mechanics, nice sci fi theme... totally left field way to handle a series conclusion and reminded me of Assassin's Creed.

All the stuff that you added in past the bucking gear mechanism when I had first seen it in production is top notch...

27. Thanks!

25 CHARACTERS IS NOT ENOU AAAARRRRDDDD's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 1,067
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    PSN
    CogMonkey_

Ok, I emailed Spaff. If I don't get a reply on Monday, I'll email Tom, and then I'll work round the entire team until you get a crown!

Join the super cool Sackinima Forums!
    Follow me on Twitter! @COGMONKEY

29. Thanks!

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 556
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points

This blew my mind, i was all like the first person cutscenes was an amazing feature the platforming in terms of playing through the level was great the level design in terms of how it looks was epic because i'm going to play this again and overall it is brilliant i think u can guess the rating that i gave

Avatar and sig made by me in MS paint My level

31. Thanks!

Sackperson Lieutenant
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    PSN
    Jggfij
    Blog Entries

Yes, a crown for wexfordian is the least we want.

Sig by FJT

33. Thanks!

this whole series was great, but the first person scenes in this were truly amazing.

my Levels: Lost Ages I, Lost Ages II, Lost Ages III, Lost Ages IV, Lost Ages V
    Failures: Assault on Cloud Castle (Beta), Roboco 1+2, Lost Ages I (Original Version), Mega City, Der Schplaterhaus
    Projects: Lost Ages VI (LBP2), Mega City Remix (LBP2)
    sig: Coxy

35. Thanks!

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 482
    PSN
    lk9988
    Somewhere in the universe (and to be more specific:UK)

What a fantastic end to a fantastic series! The plot twist was suprising and unexpected, and as already mentioned, it did remind me a bit of Red Dwarf.

The visuals were excellent again, and it was a nice change of pace. The gameplay was also REALLY good, and it had many unique elements. Plus, I didn't get frustrated with this one.

The thing I liked the best though, were the first-person cutscenes, a first in LBP and a more then just excellent effect, and I can say it was my favourite feature in the level.

I'm sorry my feedback for this series is pretty short, as it deserves more praise then I'm giving it, but I found the whole series to be pure awesome.

Overall, and a heart...again!
    Hey, sorry to be a bit of an advertising board here, but try out my new platforming level- Mad Metropolis! Be warned though, it's very long and challenging!

37. Thanks!

Wexfordian, i think you are my favourit creator. This was impressive and amazingly fun.

39. Thanks!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast