BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default LittleBigPlanet: Game of the Year Edition - Review by LBPCentral

Watermill Valley by jump_button

LittleBigPlanet is both evolutionary and revolutionary. It set a completely new standard for community-created content on the console, and won countless awards in the process. It's gathered the attention of gamers and developers alike, impressing all who are lucky enough to play it. Now that the PS3 has dropped in price, this Game of the Year edition of LittleBigPlanet couldn't make more sense. This is essentially a re-release of LittleBigPlanet - a way for the newcomers to the world of Playstation to dive in to the deep community that LittleBigPlanet offers in a way that just isn't possible with the original LittleBigPlanet. For $60.00, you get the original LittleBigPlanet, every major DLC pack that has been released thus far, "over a dozen" costumes, and bonus community-created levels. Lets go over each of these extras in more detail, shall we? (click through for the rest!)

Steampunk Samurai by gevurah22

LittleBigPlanet Itself
    We've already reviewed LittleBigPlanet, but for those of you who don't own it, we'll go over some of the key reasons why you should stop reading this review and just go buy it already:

• A fantastic set of 50 story levels, which serve as a fun way to get started with the game and helpful inspiration when you decide to start using the Create mode. Not only that, but by playing through the Story mode, you can unlock a huge number of materials, stickers, objects, decorations, and costumes. Many of these are handed to you, while some of them require extra platforming skill or a few friends in order to claim them for yourself.
    • Over a million user-created levels. Obviously not all of these are amazing, but any LittleBigPlanet fan will tell you that there are tons upon tons of fun levels to play if you know how to find them. For example, LBPCentral's Level Showcase and Cool Levels pages are great ways to find new, high-quality levels to play.
    • A robust Creation mode which provides you with the same tools Media Molecule used to create the 50 story levels.
    • Consistent DLC. This may sound gimmicky, but Media Molecule knows how to provide substantial content. If you have any doubts, take a look at The Monster Kit, The History Kit, and The Metal Gear Solid Pack, all of which are included in LittleBigPlanet GOTY Edition.

Mighty Mite LBP8 Little Big Mountain Mission by rz22g

Bonus Content

You're still here? You should be in line with a copy of LittleBigPlanet Game of the Year Edition in your hand. Why aren't you?

• The Monster Kit, The History Kit, and The Metal Gear Solid Pack which (altogether) add 5 new story levels, two "gallery" levels, new game upgrades (such as the Paintinator), 26 objects, 22 materials, 49 decorations, 308 stickers, 3 backgrounds, lots of new music (both interactive and standard), and tons of new sounds. It may sound like a bunch of numbers, but trust me - when you're creating in LittleBigPlanet, you want options, and this really helps start off newcomers on the right foot.
    • Four new costume packs: Animals Costumes (not including the Motorstorm Costume), Monster Costumes, History Costumes, and Metal Gear Solid Pack Costumes. Each pack contains 4 costumes, which means you get a whopping 16 new costumes to dress up your Sackboy with.
    • As an added bonus, if you buy a copy soon you are guaranteed exclusive access into the ModNation Racers Online Beta. For more information on ModNation Racers, visit ModNation.com. If you're looking for a ModNation Racers fansite, we've already got one set up! Be sure to visit us at MNRCentral.com.

The Tumblerizer by Nuclearfish

Eighteen Exclusive Community Levels
    What do we have to say to convince you? Isn't all that new DLC enough to be worth picking up a copy? No? Fine:

Sony and Media Molecule have enlisted the help of eighteen of LittleBigPlanet's best Creators, so you're getting the cream of the crop in terms of quality and fun. All of these levels are exclusive to the GOTY edition, so currently the only way you can play them is by buying the GOTY edition or hoping a friend picks it up and lets you play the new levels with them. Each level also has a video interview with its creator, so you can gain some insight into some of the best Creators LittleBigPlanet has to offer before you play their levels for yourself. This is probably the best part of the GOTY edition, as it shows newcomers exactly what the community is capable of and will help convince some to get started with Creation themselves.

Until The Cows Come Home by geosautus

Final Verdict
    Let me make this clear: If you currently own LittleBigPlanet, this new copy is likely not worth your money. You can buy the DLC separately, and if you can find a friend with the GOTY edition, you can play the bonus community-created levels with them regardless of whether or not you own them yourself. However, if you don't own LittleBigPlanet and you have even the slightest interest in the game, go pick up LittleBigPlanet: Game of the Year Edition. There really is no better way to finally get involved with this amazing game and its community.

So? What are you waiting for? Go buy it!
    Last edited by ConfusedCartman; 09-10-2009 at 03:53 AM.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    SLS10
    Blog Entries

If you're visiting this website, what are you doing not owning LBP? Get it already!
    :B

i don't know how many loyalty woozles I have now it's probably greater than seven

DAT PUBLISHED LIST: http://lbp.me/t/539w

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 783
    Overall activity: 0%

PSN
    CogSpartan
    Blog Entries

Aha, I was bugging Killian about who he was playing the levels with, and now I know!

Great review too!
    My newest level: Sycophant (1Player)
    Check out my Youtube videos, and subscribe if you like them!

Tarsier Level Designer comphermc's Avatar
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 1,014
    Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Hey Cog, now we just need to get you a copy and have you film the levels for us! In HD!
    Mm Picks: Roller INC 2 | Wizard: Chapter 1 | LittleBigPrius
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube
    Lbp.me profile: comphermc | LittleBigplanet 2 Create Tutorials: LBPlanetorials

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 783

PSN
    CogSpartan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by comphermc View Post
    Hey Cog, now we just need to get you a copy and have you film the levels for us! In HD!
    Inorite! I want to, along with the interviews, but I don't have it, and I don't know anyone who does... except CC. D:
    My newest level: Sycophant (1Player)
    Check out my Youtube videos, and subscribe if you like them!

Heh, that's an interesting screenshot of my level up there. Thanks for the quick blurb on the GOTY!
    2011 Guinness World Record Holder for LBP2

Newest Level: The Gundam Wing Project *Spotlighted*

Award Winning Levels
    2009 Sackie Nominee: The Azure Palace | 2009 Sackie Winner: LittleBigContra Stage 8: Alien's Lair | LBP GOTY Featured Level: The Steampunk Samurai | 2010 DML Competition Best in Class: Artistic - Stem Cell Sackboy Series | The Fist of Craft Earth *Mm Picked*

Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cog View Post
    Inorite! I want to, along with the interviews, but I don't have it, and I don't know anyone who does... except CC. D:
    It sounds like RangerZero and Jagrevi will be picking up copies... at least that's the impression I got from the other thread.
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube

The REAL Stephanie Ravens
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 361
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    wdddffffff
    Blog Entries

I wish they would release these community levels as DLC. Or are they published now?

Sackperson Demagogue Incinerator22's Avatar
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 1,071
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Incinerator22
    Blog Entries

No offense, but those screenshots dontv make the levels seem as phenomenal as mm caimed they'd be...

Quote Originally Posted by Incinerator22 View Post
    No offense, but those screenshots dontv make the levels seem as phenomenal as mm caimed they'd be...
    Screenshots don't do them justice. I've played nearly all of them, and so far I've enjoyed them all. Most of these levels had a storyline to them, and I had trouble picking screenshots that were both representative of the level and non-revealing. These are what I ended up with, though the Creators of the levels are more than welcome to specify a different screenshot of their choosing.

PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure those screenshots were taken by CC himself... so play nice .

Beat me to it.
    Last edited by comphermc; 09-09-2009 at 03:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ConfusedCartman View Post
    Screenshots don't do them justice. I've played nearly all of them, and so far I've enjoyed them all. Most of these levels had a storyline to them, and I had trouble picking screenshots that were both representative of the level and non-revealing. These are what I ended up with, though the Creators of the levels are more than welcome to specify a different screenshot of their choosing.
    If it's alright, mind showing the Samurai?

I can totally see him having an issue finding good pics to take of the levels, especially if they use a lot of lighting effects. They all get dropped when you use the screenshot mode, which is lame. =(
    2011 Guinness World Record Holder for LBP2

Newest Level: The Gundam Wing Project *Spotlighted*

Award Winning Levels
    2009 Sackie Nominee: The Azure Palace | 2009 Sackie Winner: LittleBigContra Stage 8: Alien's Lair | LBP GOTY Featured Level: The Steampunk Samurai | 2010 DML Competition Best in Class: Artistic - Stem Cell Sackboy Series | The Fist of Craft Earth *Mm Picked*

So these levels are impossible to play without dropping another $60?

PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walter-Kovacs View Post
    So these levels are impossible to play without dropping another $60?
    You can join someone who has the GOTY edition.

15. Thanks!

I'm gonna be all over these levels this weekend...well someone else is who I will be joining.
    Really interested to see some of the faces who made them through the interviews, only a matter of time before they are thrown on the interwebs.
    PSN: Zwoltopia

My Levels: Sir Sackboy, The Accidental Hero: Chapter I , Chapter II , Chapter III (preview)
    Other published bits & sideprojects: Leroy Wolfgang (character contest) Proto Droid 2000 (Retro-robot contest)
    Be obnoxious, be the first! Join The First Group! | The Caption Contest - ROUND 29!!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast