BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Toolmaster of LBPCentral v0rtex's Avatar
    Points: 38,029, Level: 60
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,021
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    v0rtex2002
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Minnesota (USA)
    Posts
    2,085
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default 00Sack - Revenge - Part I (Spotlighted!)

    00Sack - Revenge - Part I by v0rtex2002
    We find our hero right where we left him at the end of 00Sack - Betrayed - alone in the middle of the desert.
    Follow along as he tirelessly tracks the double-crossing Octacon.

    Part one of two.


    After months of development, the two-part sequel to 00Sack - Betrayed is finally here!

    There's loads of secrets in this level (see contest thread here), puzzles to be solved, some classic platforming and a good old shoot out.








    Be the first to find all the secrets:

    and win 750 XP !!
    Click here for more info on the contest


    Note: with the current search engine bug, you may not be able to find the new levels. Just select one of my older levels, and choose "Find more by this author".
    Last edited by v0rtex; 03-17-2010 at 03:54 PM.

  2. #2
    Who is this guy? Killian's Avatar
    Points: 15,931, Level: 38
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 519
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    The_Killian
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Dublin, Ireland
    Posts
    2,647

    Default

    A very fun level, and a worthy installment of the "00Sack" series. Great job.

  3. Thanks!


  4. #3

    Default

    Yup, played this earlier.... scary good design. Puzzle solving was excellent, I LOVED trying to get the point combinations in the town, and the robots firing plasma at 1000
    MPH near the end was fantastic - it took me a few moments to realize it wasn't cheap... now PERSONALLY I think that part could be slightly better if the plasma were slowed down a smidge - it was difficult to tell what they were doing. But... uip to you, I got used to it and just watched more carefully.

    5 stars and a heart - great job!
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

  5. Thanks!


  6. #4
    The Multi-media drunkard GruntosUK's Avatar
    Points: 27,040, Level: 50
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Overall activity: 0%
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    GruntosUK
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    County Durham, North East England
    Posts
    2,490

    Default

    I just played the level, I used my feedback from when I was testing as the base, but have added bits and pieces to reflect the changes.

    + Love the start, the speech bubble and mirage are excellent
    + Nice little intro
    + Liked the little base section and the spotlight, the wrecked machine in the hanger looks good, is there a way to destroy it? I noticed brains on it
    + Great lighting in the basement areas, it looks very dirty and dingy, excellent visuals
    + I loved the multilayered puzzles, and backtracking, really well put together
    + The production line looks and sounds great, and its tricky to get through, excellent section.
    + The mechs look awesome, so does the hummer.
    + I liked the ending, with a taste of the enemies, and visual style to come.
    + Great scoreboard
    + You have some really great people mentioned at the end. One in particular stood out

    - The music down the well was a little out of sync I thought. The build up is right, but I think maybe the beat should kick in as the level title is displayed.

    You fixed up the rest of the little things I found a couple of days ago, so the level is pretty much perfect as is now, I don't know why I didnt spot the title screen music problem, but its just me being nitpicky again.

    I loved the exploration and the puzzles, although I sucked at finding secrets (I posted a pic). I can see all them lovely point bubbles below me but can't figure out how to get them so will definetly replay.

    An awesome level, 5 star and hearted.
    I'm on twitter, Follow me here
    -----------------
    -----------------

  7. Thanks!


  8. #5

    Default

    I played both levels a few times last night but had to got to sleep before I could find all secrets. Today I finally got them all. It took a few tries and I though I broke the levels a few times but mostly that was not the case. It was possible to backtrack when I thought it wasn't at first. The only problem was a winch that broke once when I didn't ride it straight up. I think it broke when it hit the ceiling as I grabbed it. A few times I got annoyed with the layer auto-shifting in the desert that got me killed by the plasma shooting enemies.

    The gameplay is a lot of fun and I had a great time looking for all the secrets. The conveyor is the highlight of the level and the scoreboard looks beautiful. Nice work!

  9. Thanks!


  10. #6
    fun and frivolous rtm223's Avatar
    Points: 64,735, Level: 78
    Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    rtm223
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Malmö, Sweden
    Posts
    8,677
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default

    I think I broke it When you get the keycard, I asusme you are supposed to get it in the lift? Well I called down the lift, but there was a fence on the thin layer blocking me getting in, a wall to the left so I couldn't get the key card in and nothing else I could find to do in the basement... Did I miss something?

    Will post proper feedback when I can complete it...
    -- ? --

  11. #7
    Toolmaster of LBPCentral v0rtex's Avatar
    Points: 38,029, Level: 60
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,021
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    v0rtex2002
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Minnesota (USA)
    Posts
    2,085
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rtm223 View Post
    I think I broke it When you get the keycard, I asusme you are supposed to get it in the lift? Well I called down the lift, but there was a fence on the thin layer blocking me getting in, a wall to the left so I couldn't get the key card in and nothing else I could find to do in the basement... Did I miss something?

    Will post proper feedback when I can complete it...
    Yeah, you missed something. It's funny Morgana was in the exact same predicament last night and thought she had broken it. I've added a bit more dramatic lighting to the "something" that you are missing down there. You are very close if you've opened the lift gate to get to the key.

    Spoiler Spoiler - Here's exactly what to do if my hint above isn't enough

  12. #8

    Default

    I really liked your level there. I think it's better than Betrayed. I like the progression in your level, you made some twists and tricks I wasn't expecting from the get go. It's well constructed and your visual is improving too. I like some of your doors that opens in a complex looking way for no reasons. I like that. Oh yeah and I didn't realise yesterday that this level was in 2 parts so I boosted this one here tonight with hearts

    Pros:

    -Good looking
    -Interesting progression. I like it when the level doesn't always plays out like you would expect.
    -lol The Hummer. I didn't die :P


    Cons:

    - You jump over cactus but 2 of them are covered in sand. It didn't work fine because since the cactus at front layer is smaller, I tried to jump that one. What happens when you do that is that you're sent to the back layer and die on the cactus there since your jump was calculated for the small cactus in front...

    - I got stuck you know where. I think we came up with some nice solution so it's not really a con anymore.


    (gave 5 for your initial boost though)

  13. Thanks!


  14. #9
    Toolmaster of LBPCentral v0rtex's Avatar
    Points: 38,029, Level: 60
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,021
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    v0rtex2002
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Minnesota (USA)
    Posts
    2,085
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RangerZero View Post
    I really liked your level there. I think it's better than Betrayed. I like the progression in your level, you made some twists and tricks I wasn't expecting from the get go. It's well constructed and your visual is improving too. I like some of your doors that opens in a complex looking way for no reasons. I like that. Oh yeah and I didn't realise yesterday that this level was in 2 parts so I boosted this one here tonight with hearts

    Pros:

    -Good looking
    -Interesting progression. I like it when the level doesn't always plays out like you would expect.
    -lol The Hummer. I didn't die :P
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by RangerZero View Post
    - You jump over cactus but 2 of them are covered in sand. It didn't work fine because since the cactus at front layer is smaller, I tried to jump that one. What happens when you do that is that you're sent to the back layer and die on the cactus there since your jump was calculated for the small cactus in front...
    Yep - you have to make this jump in the middle or back plane (middle is best).

    Quote Originally Posted by RangerZero View Post
    - I got stuck you know where. I think we came up with some nice solution so it's not really a con anymore.
    Yeah... really great suggestion. Thanks. Don't know if you've had the chance to replay it, but I implemented the change almost verbatim to how you suggested. I think it really "fixes" it.

    Quote Originally Posted by CCubbage View Post
    Yup, played this earlier.... scary good design. Puzzle solving was excellent, I LOVED trying to get the point combinations in the town,
    Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by CCubbage View Post
    and the robots firing plasma at 1000
    MPH near the end was fantastic - it took me a few moments to realize it wasn't cheap... now PERSONALLY I think that part could be slightly better if the plasma were slowed down a smidge - it was difficult to tell what they were doing.
    I took your advice here, but only to a point. I slowed down a couple of them and also changed up the speed of the wheels on a couple, to give a bit more "randomness". Dunno how much either change really helped.

    Quote Originally Posted by GrantosUK View Post
    - The music down the well was a little out of sync I thought. The build up is right, but I think maybe the beat should kick in as the level title is displayed.
    Well... I haven't really fixed this (at least not yet). When I first created that section I had it pretty well synced. But anyway... what I realized is that the music is triggered by player prox, so if one player is still up top, the music will start, but the credits won't begin until everyone is in the well. So I hooked up the music box to the same switch that starts the credits, which fixes this issue, but still leaves the timing almost exactly as you played it. I will play with it some more tonight. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by GrantosUK View Post
    I loved the exploration and the puzzles, although I sucked at finding secrets (I posted a pic). I can see all them lovely point bubbles below me but can't figure out how to get them so will definetly replay.
    Yeah - I saw your pic. Made me laugh (sorry if that's mean).

    Quote Originally Posted by Kipmonlin View Post
    I played both levels a few times last night but had to got to sleep before I could find all secrets. Today I finally got them all.
    And congratulations again! 1st Place!! Woot!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipmonlin View Post
    The only problem was a winch that broke once when I didn't ride it straight up. I think it broke when it hit the ceiling as I grabbed it.
    OK - That's not cool. Where? Wait... nevermind... I only have one winch that would go that fast in this level (assuming that you're not talking about the well...). I will take a look at it tonight. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipmonlin View Post
    A few times I got annoyed with the layer auto-shifting in the desert that got me killed by the plasma shooting enemies.
    Yeah - the craters created in the sand from the explosions makes this problem happen. But I kinda like it... adds to the challenge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipmonlin View Post
    The gameplay is a lot of fun and I had a great time looking for all the secrets. The conveyor is the highlight of the level and the scoreboard looks beautiful. Nice work!
    Thanks!

  15. #10

    Default

    I thoroughly enjoyed this level V0rtex, i had a lot of fun playing it.

    Pros:

    +Excellent game play, searching for secrets was the best part!
    +Awesome level layout, it wasnt just a plain linear design this level was taking you up, down, through hidden underground factories inside "mechs r us", and even through desert plains full of angry robots! Good work there

    Cons:

    Well i could really find many cons so ima do my best.

    -For the first secret you can see the dark matter poking out in the 3rd layer, not much of a problem, but it made the first secret easier to locate.


    5/5 stars and a heart for this level! Ill be sure to give it many more plays!


    Im back?

  16. Thanks!


  17. #11
    LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew shropshirelass's Avatar
    Points: 60,014, Level: 75
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 36
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    shropshire-lass
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    No longer Shropshire
    Posts
    3,891

    Default

    I really enjoyed this level. The secret hunting was great fun and my favourite part but there’s more to the level than that.

    There’s plenty of variety in the design as you move from the desert (great mirage BTW!) through the village (loved the cat!) into the different interior sections. I liked the way you bothered to make the various bits of the installation look different, the lobby, the production section and the basement all had their own style.

    As others have said the backtracking and puzzle solving inside the facility work really well and keep you thinking. Nice touch to make all those lines of bubbles so tantalisingly visible!

    I liked the design of the hanger with the broken tank (?) – liked the sparkles particularly - but I messed around in there a long time thinking that there must be something extra to do that I was missing! Maybe that was the idea!

    The Hummer was great (the explosion got me every time!) and it took me a while to work out a method for getting inside. I’m still not sure that my method is the one you intended but again that just adds to the fun.

    I had a great time playing and all the secrets give the level great replay value.

    Thanks!

  18. Thanks!


  19. #12
    Toolmaster of LBPCentral v0rtex's Avatar
    Points: 38,029, Level: 60
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,021
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    v0rtex2002
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Minnesota (USA)
    Posts
    2,085
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shropshirelass View Post
    I really enjoyed this level. The secret hunting was great fun and my favourite part but there’s more to the level than that.

    There’s plenty of variety in the design as you move from the desert (great mirage BTW!) through the village (loved the cat!) into the different interior sections. I liked the way you bothered to make the various bits of the installation look different, the lobby, the production section and the basement all had their own style.

    As others have said the backtracking and puzzle solving inside the facility work really well and keep you thinking. Nice touch to make all those lines of bubbles so tantalisingly visible!

    I liked the design of the hanger with the broken tank (?) – liked the sparkles particularly - but I messed around in there a long time thinking that there must be something extra to do that I was missing! Maybe that was the idea!

    The Hummer was great (the explosion got me every time!) and it took me a while to work out a method for getting inside. I’m still not sure that my method is the one you intended but again that just adds to the fun.

    I had a great time playing and all the secrets give the level great replay value.

    Thanks!
    Thanks for the feedback. I had hoped to add more detail or something to do in the hangar, but ran out of thermo. Plus it's a really confined space and difficult to get the camera angles to work well. That mech is actually part of the final boss from the first part (00Sack - Betrayed).

    Glad you liked the level and appreciated my teasing you with all those bubbles!

    As for the getting in the hummer - there are two ways that I know of. Both were accidental, but once I realized it was possible, I just HAD to make it imperative .

  20. #13
    Toolmaster of LBPCentral v0rtex's Avatar
    Points: 38,029, Level: 60
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,021
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    v0rtex2002
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Minnesota (USA)
    Posts
    2,085
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    OK - sorry for the bump. Made a few mods to the level based on several people's feedback:

    • Added a call-back button for the first elevator
    • Replaced the visible DM underneath secret #1
    • Tweaked the timing on the intro music

    Thanks to everyone for the attention to details. I love it!!

  21. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rtm223 View Post
    I think I broke it When you get the keycard, I asusme you are supposed to get it in the lift? Well I called down the lift, but there was a fence on the thin layer blocking me getting in, a wall to the left so I couldn't get the key card in and nothing else I could find to do in the basement... Did I miss something?

    Will post proper feedback when I can complete it...
    Exactly the same thing happened to me there and I had to quit.

  22. #15
    Nope! It's Chuck Testa Gilgamesh's Avatar
    Points: 47,393, Level: 67
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 957
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Jirugameshi
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,675
    Blog Entries
    81

    Default

    I just played through the whole level. I tried to find all of the secrets I could but I couldn't get them all, you've hidden them pretty well.

    I didn't run into any issues, but I think I may have accidentally skipped part of the level. There were a bunch of prize bubbles underneath where I was, but I couldn't jump down because of a small wall on the thin layer. A little bit further right there was some kind of block to grab, so I jumped on top of that block and jumped down from there, which I'm not sure was intended to happen.

    Otherwise, it's a spectacular level. A well deserved

    I would give more, but we're only allowed up to five.
    Midnight Revenge

    SackMech II
    Training

    SackMech I
    Trailer | Mission 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

  23. #16
    Toolmaster of LBPCentral v0rtex's Avatar
    Points: 38,029, Level: 60
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,021
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    v0rtex2002
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Minnesota (USA)
    Posts
    2,085
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by keell View Post
    Exactly the same thing happened to me there and I had to quit.
    Sorry to hear that this section is still causing trouble. I did put a fairly obvious hint down there in the form of a magic mouth cut-scene. I wonder if it's not always getting triggered? I will have a look.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    I didn't run into any issues, but I think I may have accidentally skipped part of the level. There were a bunch of prize bubbles underneath where I was, but I couldn't jump down because of a small wall on the thin layer. A little bit further right there was some kind of block to grab, so I jumped on top of that block and jumped down from there, which I'm not sure was intended to happen.
    Hmmm... I'm very curious about this. If you are talking about the bubbles behind the fence all along the length of the building, there is supposed to be only one way to get there and that is via one of the found secrets. Did you find another way? Can you be more specific about what block you jumped onto, or perhaps meet me online and show me?

    Thanks!

  24. #17
    Tarsier Level Designer comphermc's Avatar
    Points: 80,225, Level: 88
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,725
    Overall activity: 0%
    Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    US
    Posts
    7,739
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by v0rtex View Post
    Did you find another way? Can you be more specific about what block you jumped onto, or perhaps meet me online and show me?

    Thanks!
    I think he's talking about the very first little "mini-puzzle" inside the facility, where there's a glass block stacked on top of some stuff. It makes sense that climbing on this block would allow you to plane-shift down, but I haden't thought of that until now...

    If that's the case, then he skipped almost the whole level.
    Mm Picks: Roller INC 2 | Wizard: Chapter 1 | LittleBigPrius
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube
    Lbp.me profile: comphermc | LittleBigplanet 2 Create Tutorials: LBPlanetorials

  25. #18
    Nope! It's Chuck Testa Gilgamesh's Avatar
    Points: 47,393, Level: 67
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 957
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Jirugameshi
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    2,675
    Blog Entries
    81

    Default

    Actually it was at the very beginning of the facility. I've shown v0rtex where the part was and how to do it. I think he'll fix it sometime, though I think most people wouldn't have thought of doing what I did.
    Midnight Revenge

    SackMech II
    Training

    SackMech I
    Trailer | Mission 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

  26. #19
    Toolmaster of LBPCentral v0rtex's Avatar
    Points: 38,029, Level: 60
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,021
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    v0rtex2002
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Minnesota (USA)
    Posts
    2,085
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    Actually it was at the very beginning of the facility. I've shown v0rtex where the part was and how to do it. I think he'll fix it sometime, though I think most people wouldn't have thought of doing what I did.
    LOL - Yeah, I already fixed it. Would've driven me nuts knowing it was out there. And yes... if you got down there from where Gilgamesh did, you end up missing a huge portion of the level.

    Thanks Gilgamesh!

  27. #20

    Default

    Just played through Part 1, on my way to part 2. You've got an economy of design that I won't mind ripping off, somehow. Putting a camera in the elevator, for instance, increased the perceived size of the level...I was going up all those floors, walking a loong way only to find myself back where I started...it makes Mechs 'R' Us feel more like a huge factory.

    And don't even get me started on the assembly line.

    Only one bug. I shot up the center bot (when you get attacked outside), he exploded, and knocked out two bots behind him...who continued shooting. One of the bots landed ON the CP. I got round him, but...hm. It might not be worth it to switch all enemies to "Vulnerable to Dangerous Stuff", because then more players might be able to blast through multiple bots. It's a trade-off between maximum infallibility, and making the level less fun for players who DON'T get the bug I did. I guess I'll just leave the issue as "pointed out"...

    Anyway, that one bug has no bearing on my opinion. 5*/H, and I'll see you in Part 2.
    No one can tell you what's fun for you.

  28. Thanks!


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •