BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default The 2026 Aerostation Project

The 2026 Aerostation Project by asbestos101
    In the year 2026 this is the only remaining sport. Sackpeople from around the globe come to compete in this death defying race through the clouds.

Brought to you by 'Chug Lite'

A contestant ready to go.

The events prime sponsors.

This level is of a medium to hard difficulty and you only have one life of which to get as far as you can.

Have fun

As you say, you only get on life and I've got to say I'm not a big fan of these type of level's because I'm rubbish at them. However I was determined to beat this level because it looked great. Most level's like this aren't very pleasing on the eye but this one certainly is. I didn't manage to complete the race in time (2 seconds out) so I'm definitly gonna have another go on this and complete it within the time limit.
    4 stars
    Great level

Yeah, I'm not normally a fan of this sort of level either. I thought i'd have a go at making one though, just to see if I could pull it off well.

GJ on getting to the end though

Thumbs up

Yeah it's tough to make a one life stage and still have it be fun.

Here are my thoughts:

Pros:
    -The visuals were very nice. This stage had a distinctive look, which is great.
    -I also liked the whole story concept. The cameras everywhere were a nice touch.
    -It was fun to play a survival type stage that wasn't all on one screen.
    -There were some interesting mechanics in there, like the paint switches to activate the spring platforms, and the hamster wheel thing.

Cons:
    -It felt a little on the short side, not too bad of a length for a survival stage, though.
    - Not a major problem, but It might have been nice to see a bigger finish to the stage.

Overall a really nice job.
    I gave you 4 stars on this one.

A bigger finish? Like, more dramatic? I'll see what I can do..

Yeah, exactly.
    I for one loved the premise... maybe you could expand on it somehow.
    But, hey... it's your level. [laughs]
    It's your call.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 334
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    olit123

I played this level, love the concept, great visuals, some cool obstacles. I kept on dying at the part where you have a platform with a piston set to flipper mode though, it may have been because of my impatience though

I took Danceatrons advice and I made the end more 'dramatic', if you could call it that.

Basically now, when you get to the end your greated by a success sound (not mgs jingle), strobing lights, a contragulations sign springs up followed by a new 'Why not have a Chug Lite?' sign.

I also added more points in between obstacles to reward relentlessly smooth players.

You should be able to score higher now

EDIT : also, cool page 4

EDIT 2 : i'll also get on F4F on whispers in the darkness

EDIT 3 : Also, if anyone knows of any competitions or events going on at the mo, if they have an ingame sticker ad i'll put it up on a bill board for funnies
    Last edited by Asbestos101; 10-18-2009 at 09:00 PM. Reason: forgot summit

I liked the end. I got a laugh at the new "Chug Lite" Billboard.

Looks like you got a lot more plays. My advice really helped!
    [laughs] Just kidding.
    Kudos on getting to page 2 of Cool Levels.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 334
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    olit123

Hey this is on page 2 now. Congratulations! Is it nearing the end of it's 7 days? Because if you published it the same day you made this thread, you'll probably reach page one

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by olit123 View Post
    Hey this is on page 2 now. Congratulations! Is it nearing the end of it's 7 days? Because if you published it the same day you made this thread, you'll probably reach page one
    Yes I did, i'm really excited now

Edit :

Speak of the devil, cool page 1

Edit : ooh, 11k plays

I'm so happy :3
    Last edited by Asbestos101; 10-20-2009 at 07:36 PM.

Ah i played this when it only had about 2k plays! I really liked it. I really lol'd at the "Do your bit, Fight Bomb survivals!" signs the part with the rocket was pretty kool. ( the first one)

I'd really appreciate it if you would play my level and give me feedback for The Canyon of the Three-Headed Beast, Thanks!
    PSN: Littlewit
    My Levels!
    W.I.P's
    Penguin Paradise (lookin' sexy!)
    The Dojo of Platforming 2
    Please, Call me Littlewit!

Grand Den Mod-er of LBPC Morgana25's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 853

PSN
    Morgana25

Cool level - I like the real sporting event kind of vibe you've depicted. I'm running that Halloween Level Design contest but I doubt it would fit thematically into your level design as a billboard. 5 stars & hearted. Congrats on page 1 too.

sig by chuck_18mp illustration by TheZimInvader

Chroma Stone Chronicles Veriddian's Gem | Pyrra's Gem | Cerrulean's Gem | Irridia's Gem | Abyssia's Lair
    Dragons of Myth Egypt | Teotihuacan | Iceland | Greece
    Fire and Ice
    Sackrificed MM Picked! lbp.me link for Sackrificed

Morgana25 on lbp.me

Don't mess with Morgana or you get the wand

Ahh, supa, you played it before it was cool to play it, your one of the OG sacks from way backs..

But seriously, I did mean to play your level, I never got around to it. I'll play it later today.

Also, Morgona, you got an in game sticker ad for your halloween competition I could use or would I have to make it myself?

Grand Den Mod-er of LBPC Morgana25's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 853

PSN
    Morgana25

I don't have one at the moment. Given time I could probably make one.... you know how that goes

sig by chuck_18mp illustration by TheZimInvader

Chroma Stone Chronicles Veriddian's Gem | Pyrra's Gem | Cerrulean's Gem | Irridia's Gem | Abyssia's Lair
    Dragons of Myth Egypt | Teotihuacan | Iceland | Greece
    Fire and Ice
    Sackrificed MM Picked! lbp.me link for Sackrificed

Morgana25 on lbp.me

Don't mess with Morgana or you get the wand

Toolmaster of LBPCentral v0rtex's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 664
    PSN
    v0rtex2002
    Blog Entries

This was very cool. Not your average "survival challenge". In fact, outside of the single-life aspect, it does not resemble any survival challenge I've ever played.

Excellent design and unique, fun gameplay elements. The rockets were cool, all the jump pads were well designed and fun to use, and the hamster wheel made me laugh out loud.

I did not finish the race (nowhere near, in fact) but it didn't matter because I was having too much fun to care. I did make it to the scoreboard on my own though!! Yay!

Very nice: plus a . Tagged Funky

I think you may be mistaking me with someone else... I don't know what an OG sack is lol!
    PSN: Littlewit
    My Levels!
    W.I.P's
    Penguin Paradise (lookin' sexy!)
    The Dojo of Platforming 2
    Please, Call me Littlewit!

PSN
    v0rtex2002
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SupaSack34 View Post
    I think you may be mistaking me with someone else... I don't know what an OG sack is lol!
    Original Gangstaa

Quote Originally Posted by v0rtex View Post
    This was very cool. Not your average "survival challenge". In fact, outside of the single-life aspect, it does not resemble any survival challenge I've ever played.

Excellent design and unique, fun gameplay elements. The rockets were cool, all the jump pads were well designed and fun to use, and the hamster wheel made me laugh out loud.

I did not finish the race (nowhere near, in fact) but it didn't matter because I was having too much fun to care. I did make it to the scoreboard on my own though!! Yay!

Very nice: plus a . Tagged Funky
    You got a f4f for me to play?

20. Thanks!

PSN
    v0rtex2002
    Blog Entries

If you like, you can play either of my 00Sack-Revenge levels [in my sig] (or both... or all 3 if you want the full series experience) , but it's not really necessary. They've had their day in the sun.

I'm always interested in people's opinions though, and am ever-willing to fix bugs or consider new ideas. So... up to you (I took the F4F off them a while back).

Thanks for asking tho!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast