BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default SIREN: The Lost World [Episode 3- Holes]

SIREN: The Lost World [Episode 3- Holes] by Exalted_Yawn
    This is my 3rd level in the series so also check out the first one in my signature! I really hope those who play enjoy it! It's a dark, creepy, atmospheric shot at what is a horror level at it roots. Aimed to be a Single Player Experience.

The level is now open to play!

New Stuff!: This levels tries to go back to the more "horror" roots. With plenty more scares while still retaining the dark atmosphere. The level is a continuation of part 1. (Even chapters and odd chapters are different characters.) Also more story has been implemented. Story on the world and the characters. The level structure also been slightly more vertical than before.

For those who still need help of are stuck simply go to this website
    http://exaltedyawn.webs.com/

Warning though! This level is quite long and dark! Not for the impatient!
    So I hope you enjoy and play through well!
    And there's 1 prize in the stage you'll need if you wish to play the second mission. So please turn on Community Prizes. Enjoy!

iGotFancyPants Review
    nightwing Review
    Amuseme543 Review
    Project_MK Review
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Noroibito; 12-28-2009 at 09:44 PM.

hmm iv played the other 2 SIREN lvl pretty hard hehe.. anyways i had fun playing them.. ill chek it out when is out.. looks cool plus i love horror.

3. Thanks!

Sackperson Demagogue Incinerator22's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,161
    Overall activity: 0%
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Incinerator22
    Blog Entries

zomg! I can't wait Number two was awesome... Will you be realeasing the beta keys from o lockbox or lbpc stocker switch?

5. Thanks!

Anybody who'd like a beta key please just PM me! I'll add you online and send you a key!

OMG! This is awesome. I've been waiting for Siren 3 for so long! And who knows, it just might give me some inspiration on my own level

Thanks to lbpholic for this marvelous signature!

Haha! Just wait! It'll be open in a few days. But anybody who'd like a head start just PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by Noroibito View Post
    Haha! Just wait! It'll be open in a few days. But anybody who'd like a head start just PM me!
    Nah, I don't need the key. I'll have access to my ps3 tomorrow so what's the point :/ And it's supposed to be released the day after tomorrow, right?

The level is finally open! Please play and give feedback and I'll give in return!

Ok. Here's my feedback:

The Visuals

The visuals are pretty important to me, 'cause it sort of tell's me how high quality the level is. Luckily the visuals are fantastic and it made me wanna' see what there is still to be seen. 10/10

Gameplay

Well, what can I say about the gameplay? It's simple. And simple is awesome.
    9/10

Sound

There's not much to say about the sound, 'cos you didn't use it that much. I'm glad you didn't use any music. But the sudden sound effects...well...made me jump out of my seat sometimes. However you could've used more sound effects.
    9/10

Atmosphere

Awesome. Just awesome. I wanted to return to pod every once in a while. In a good way.
    10/10

Overall: 10/10

May I give you a hint?
    Ya' know, when you play a horror level, it loses it's atmosphere because you know what's gonna' happen'. Here's what you do: update the level about... let's say once a week and add there something new everytime. Such as monsters, posessed furniture and such. Know what I mean?

13. Thanks!

Thanks for the feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by Oerjeke View Post
    May I give you a hint?
    Ya' know, when you play a horror level, it loses it's atmosphere because you know what's gonna' happen'. Here's what you do: update the level about... let's say once a week and add there something new everytime. Such as monsters, posessed furniture and such. Know what I mean?
    Hmm.. That's a cool idea, but I don't think my thermo would be able to take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Noroibito View Post
    Thanks for the feedback!

Hmm.. That's a cool idea, but I don't think my thermo would be able to take it.
    Well, it's not impossible either, right? Give it a try. FOR MEEEE!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Oerjeke View Post
    Well, it's not impossible either, right? Give it a try. FOR MEEEE!?!?
    LOL tru tru! Maybe sometime in another project.

I played the 2nd SIREN level, I'll try to beat this one soon!

18. Thanks!

ok ok i played the lvl.. and um welll the lvl was.. um

it was awesome mhhm the Atmosphere is perfect for the lvl.. lvl is kinda short but anyways the lvl is cool so yeah the effects are cool. like at the end mmhm love it! hearted and um 1/2

20. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Joey View Post
    ok ok i played the lvl.. and um welll the lvl was.. um
    it was awesome mhhm the Atmosphere is perfect for the lvl.. lvl is kinda short but anyways the lvl is cool so yeah the effects are cool. like at the end mmhm love it! hearted and um 1/2
    LOL Thanks!

This level had on of the best atmospheres I have ever seen. I was sometimes confused of what to do, but thats the point of a RPG. I think this level was really well done. Im highly anticipating the next chapter. 5 stars.

My levels, helpfully categorized for your convenience:
    The Good - The Bad - The Weird - The Frustrating - The Pretty - The Mobile

23. Thanks!

amazing level, see my review

please try my level : 'homeless' for feedback
    psn id: freddykrugerfred
    my BEST levels: Homeless / Dead Ocean / Space Fortress / Flight Simulator / Boogeyman / A Sackmare on Elmstreet 2010 / Critter Cave / SAW under construction

25. Thanks!

This level waz da shimel!

lol I seriously enjoyed it (much). The atmosphere is perfect and I loved the story. The diary was awesome.
    You have perfected your exploration gameplay. This was just pure fun!
    But it's 10x better with two players. We acted as our sacks were scared to death. In one part of the stage I put on a happy face and waved as my friend was going into the darkness

Overall a great level, & heart!

But we didn't figure out how to activate the dynamite...
    Last edited by blizzard_cool; 11-07-2009 at 04:09 PM.

27. Thanks!

Sackperson Demagogue Incinerator22's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,161
    Overall activity: 0%
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Incinerator22
    Blog Entries

Partially writing complaints as I play the level.

-LBPforums.net!? Have you no love for LBPCentral!? :'(

-Don't like the toolbox being being at the beginning of the level. I thought that was a turning point where I'd never have to go back, and I don't like having to go from almost the very end of the level back to the very beginning. Maybe move the toolbox right of the first checkpoint near the dynamite detonator?

-I saw the wood on the wall dissolve, and thought it was a passageway. No scary noise or anything, it just dissolved. Why'd it do that? If I can make a suggestion, can a decapitated hand shoot out? lol.

-I strongly think you should add a light in the power room. I never saw the key, and I only saw the switch on my second time in there.

-I was surprised how it ended. A bit boring .

-Thinking about it, the extra objects really confused the heck outta me. I think they should only emit when you use the mission two sticker. Or at least only some of them.

+Very clever scares, but I think some of them could have better noise choices. Maybe add a few more like my decapitated hand suggestion too (lol). For instance, I think an mgs noise for the moving mine cart was a bad choice. A possessed noise or spiky strings or something seems like it would be better for me.

+Great ladder idea!! Might steal it from you. You should be honored. XD.

+I really like the quietness of the level that surprise you when a scare comes up, like the hands coming out of the ground.

+The journals were such a great addition. "I've been hearing voices, but its probably just my head." Something like that? So creepy!!! But if it could make another suggestion, instead of all the diaries coming at you as soon as you first pass them, maybe make them available to read mechanically? I mean for instance, you could only read the diary near the flare once you open the toolbox?

Note, I'm only being so harsh because I cherish this level and think it's awesome, lol.

and a heart

-

29. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast