BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default OMG Its a Robot Revolution! [NOW PUBLISHED]

OMG Its a Robot Revolution! by wexfordian
    And now for something a little different..

Introducing my newest level. "OMG Its a Robot Revolution".

First off I should say to actually play this level you must first complete the training level "OMG Its a Robot Revolution Training Level". At the end you'll get a key for this.

Its a psuedo 2D old style arcade game similar to Choplifter but with plasma balls and robots

Its your classic "Retro robots are destroying New York and all the American Army can apparently send is you and your little helicopter to save the day" kind of stories.

This level was in my head ever since I saw Libidius. I've only really been able to make it now after learning a few more little bits and pieces about the game.

The training level gets you used to all of the mechanics used in the game, powerups, rescuing people, dropping of Med supplies, and of course killing robots, before throwing you into this chaotic level.

I really hope you guys like it as this as countless hours of work went into making it.

This level would not be nearly half as good if it were not for the awesome robots donated by the community here. Thanks to mrsupercomputer, Zwollie, dajdaj03, and javi_haguse for making this level what it is! It was a brilliant contest and I would love to possibly do something similar for the sequal that would allow even more people from the community to contribute.

This is more a level co-built by LBPC and me so I thank everyone who entered the competition for making this a better level.

And of course as always....
    have fun!
    wex.
    Last edited by wexfordian; 12-17-2009 at 08:28 PM.

Hooray! The robots level is out!

3. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by iiiijujube View Post
    Hooray! The robots level is out!
    Well it will be tonight.

*points at first sentence in OP*

OK sorry for the double post but there has been a slight change of plans.

MM have retweeted my tweet that simply said "Publishing my new level "OMG Its a Robot Revolution" tonight". As people will now be searching for this particular level and find it locked Im going to call the training level "OMG Its a Robot Revolution Training Level" so people will be able to find it.

Hope this doesn't confuse things

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 686
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Recommendation Second Class 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    ladylyn1
    Blog Entries

Looking forward to it!

Creator of:
    Cirque de la Nuit - Spotlighted
    FIRESTARTER - Spotlighted
    Whichever Way the Wind Blows - Spotlighted
    Atomic Assistance - Spotlighted
    Planet X - Spotlighted
    A Stairway to Heaven - Spotlighted
    Chihiro's Garden - Spotlighted
    A Shadow of a Forgotten Past

7. Thanks!

Got to play test this with Wex last night. (wan't QUITE done yet)

What did I think?

Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome Awesome!

Gonna play it tonight for further comments!

Ummmm..... how do I convert GMT to EST?
    Last edited by CCubbage; 12-17-2009 at 02:31 PM.
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

9. Thanks!

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    rtm223
    Blog Entries

I had a sneaky peak about a week ago and TBH, I was crap at it, but it is as awesome as CCubbage suggests.

11. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rtm223 View Post
    I had a sneaky peak about a week ago and TBH, I was crap at it, but it is as awesome as CCubbage suggests.
    lol, so are most people first time. Thats why I created the training level. It lets people get used to the mechanics before being thrown into the chaos

I think I got the difficulty ok. Tell me if you find it too much or too little.

Quote Originally Posted by CCubbage View Post
    Ummmm..... how do I convert GMT to EST?
    I know theres 5 hours difference between Dublin and New York. Not sure if Florida is in the same time zone?
    Last edited by wexfordian; 12-17-2009 at 02:37 PM.

I saw that tweet :P Will be playing this, mmmhmmmmm.

14. Thanks!

That robot in the first pic looks rather similar to the one I made... :P Just kidding, I can't wait to check this out! You did a great job with this project, using the community in the way that you did. It was super clever and I would love to do something similar again!

16. Thanks!

Great, i'm going to play it! i want to see the winner robot in action! :P

18. Thanks!

The Pics look amazing! I'll be sure to play this as soon as it's published . LOL This thread is almost on "Cool Levels" and the level hasn't even been published.

Looking for some great levels to play? Follow me on Twitter!

Newest Level:
    A Helping Hand
    (View on LBP.me)

Working on:
    A Pirate's Tale

20. Thanks!

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Gravel

Wink The Life of a man called WEX.

tweets and retweets... cozy. Here I am in Jersey picturing Wexfordian and the whole of Mm sitting on an overstuffed sofa sharing a blanket and a cup of coco as Ann Margret coos from the radio and tries to blame her wonton ways on the weather. Ah the powers of the holidays and a man called Wex...

Can't wait to play!!! And Congratulations too!
    .................................................. ...................

"The world strode slowly upon my heart measuring precisely each fractal footfall with shiftless negligence. I lay in its' wake scathe-sighted, the Gravel of Man, pandering pan in hand prospecting paradise, and you... talk of my immortal soul?"

With A Name Like GRAVEL... you can count on a rash!

Quote Originally Posted by GreyMRP View Post
    I saw that tweet :P Will be playing this, mmmhmmmmm.
    Excelent! Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by FULLGORR View Post
    That robot in the first pic looks rather similar to the one I made... :P Just kidding, I can't wait to check this out! You did a great job with this project, using the community in the way that you did. It was super clever and I would love to do something similar again!
    I know right! As soon as I saw yours I thought to myself "oh no hes going to think I copied him! Although in fairness Im pretty sure I posted a pic of that guy as a prototype in the competition thread so I have my dignity intact . Great minds think alike

Quote Originally Posted by Dante95 View Post
    Great, i'm going to play it! i want to see the winner robot in action! :P
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by brnxblze View Post
    The Pics look amazing! I'll be sure to play this as soon as it's published . LOL This thread is almost on "Cool Levels" and the level hasn't even been published.
    lol, thats gotta be a first right? Although in fairness half the posts are mine

It's more because of people like me posting to say they will play it tonight.

Seriously, this project looked big and I saw some robots from different contestants. I NEED to play that.

24. Thanks!

Hey it's already 8:41 GMT . You do NOT want a riot on your hands Mr. Wex!

Looking for some great levels to play? Follow me on Twitter!

Newest Level:
    A Helping Hand
    (View on LBP.me)

Working on:
    A Pirate's Tale

26. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by brnxblze View Post
    Hey it's already 8:41 GMT . You do NOT want a riot on your hands Mr. Wex!

Wex is a MASTER at suspense.....
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

28. Thanks!

Aaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnddddd...............

Its published

Go nuts

Game Designer of AWESOME! Deviantgeek's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 763
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Your First Group 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Deviantgeek

I am sooo going to play this, anyone want to do a multiplayer run?

31. Thanks!

Since it's published I'll check it out now, the robot in the last picture looks great btw.

33. Thanks!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast