This is the new level I released earlier this month. Originally this was a noobie level with no definite storyline, but I've revamped it so that it actually looks good and is original. This is the first level I ever made and it uses some basic logic switches and doors, etc. I also integrated some 3D elements into it so that I'm not limited to the normal 3 layers (thick and thin layers)
The story consists of you dropping in on some sacky friends, but they've been made to serve the evil king Joran (a name I came up with a while back). He's put mind control devices in their zippers, and you're the only one who can save your friends and end Joran's reign of terror!
I've still got some bugs to fix, but if you guys could tell me if you spot any more, I'll be happy to take your feedback!
(I also need help with the LBP word filter, it censors my description so I have to edit it repeatedly, it still doesn't work...)
ONLY 1 F4F FOR ME! I'M VERY BUSY AT THE MOMENT.
Keep an eye out for my next level - The Biglands Cavern! =D
Results 1 to 7 of 7
The Biglands Prelude [VIDEO] [PICTURES]
Last edited by Richasackboy; 01-24-2010 at 06:28 PM.
*ahem* Anyone out there? Not willing to try it?
- Join Date
- Nov 2009
- London, England
- Blog Entries
Hi Richasackboy we tried your level today in four player and here's our thoughts:
- Even though you say it doesn't have a definite storyline, it does have a kind of theme which really comes through nicely. Perhaps on the next level you make you could develop this even further and think about a plot which you take your player through? Storylines aren't necessary for every level, but you clearly had strong ideas and i have a hunch you might be good at it...
- Although fairly short you did incorporate some nice gameplay ideas, we particularly liked the electric blocks which moved up and down and then out. The moving out bit was an original twist on a well used idea. I actually couldn't get past them, but then Luos managed to find a way (although I won't say how because I don't want to spoil the challenge for others)... I don't know if it was the way you intended but still it was pretty cool.
- Well done for mastering the 3D glitch!
- Perhaps you could consider using directional switches? It would really help with the elevators... we were in 4 player mode and had a little bit of chaos with going up when we wanted to go down, leaving one person at the bottom etc...
So well done, hope some of these comments help!
Clarie and Adi
(Don't worry about f4f)
Yeah... I didn't notice the back layer thing until later, but at least it makes it possible to do it! I was using some directional switches (in the 2x challenge) but I'll just update the elevators quickly =)
Thanks for the feedback!
• Fixed the description (gives thanks to Adi for pointing out some problems)
• Put additional score bubbles in so that there is actually gonna be a highscore capability
• Elevators now work by 2 way lever switches - but the best part is that you don't need to pull them for them to go back down to the bottom in case you die! The levers are controlled by a piston that can push up and activate the elevator. A sensor switch activates the piston so when you leave the elevator, and you die, you respawn and the elevator is still there! (I am going to add a checkpoint in the second elevator for safety)
• Fixed doors - Some of the doors will squash you if you don't move fast enough - I made the doors open faster.
• Boss is impossible to bypass - now you cannot bypass Joran even by firing paint at the barrier - There is a floor fire which requires you defeat Joran before you can get through
• More special effects/sound effects - Music works perfectly - added explosives to Joran so he explodes when he dies (I know there are two holes in the wall after, but it's not too much concern to me)
• Spotlights added - These also help activate the music and sound effects.
• Finally added pictures! Includes snapshots of the gameplay and dangers in the level
• Added a small checkpoint in the second elevator for safety.
Last edited by Richasackboy; 01-23-2010 at 04:49 AM.
Ok. I'm bumping this thread one more time before I let it fade away. I -really- need more feedback from you guys so I can improve on this level and my future levels!