BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Default Space Escape II - SPOTLIGHTED!! wooo hoooo!!! :)

Space Escape II - spotlighted!! by jwwphotos
    Still stuck on an alien space ship, you wander the craft in hopes of finding a means for escape, but survival continues to be a problem. Part II of the Space Escape series!
    ** Includes Secret Space Escape Mini Game bonus rooom **

At long last, I have published my 2nd level of the Space Escape series!! A not so serious sci-fi adventure, with quite a few secrets, varied platforming, intense paintball fun, as well as some comical enemies. Tricky, but not horribly hard for 1 - 4 players. Also includes as one of the secrets a fun little mini game to boost your points!

Trailer by somebody name jww

Just found that JKthree did a full level video!! Thanks so much!!!

Video by JKthree

Thanks to all my beta testers who are too numerous to mention, but a special thanks to Morgana25 for dragging me back into create mode to finally finish this thing after I got somewhat burnt out during the OC and Water betas!! Her many visits that produced many oooOOo's and aaaaahhh's told me I must be doing something right! Thanks Morgana!! I also want to thank my amazing and wonderful girlfriend TheCountessZ for putting up with me and the constant "Hey.. check this out!" or "How's this look?"

Here are some pics!

Have fun!

Last edited by jwwphotos; 12-31-2010 at 04:34 PM. Reason: added video link thanks to JKThree!

Woot, it is finally published!!

Your hard work for several months of on and off work payed off, the level is all kinds of awesome.
    I'll need to play it again since I know you made some final tweaks and I'll be back with my "review".

It's an awesome level, that's for sure!!

Edit: nice pics, btw
    PSN: Zwoltopia

My Levels: Sir Sackboy, The Accidental Hero: Chapter I , Chapter II , Chapter III (preview)
    Other published bits & sideprojects: Leroy Wolfgang (character contest) Proto Droid 2000 (Retro-robot contest)
    Be obnoxious, be the first! Join The First Group! | The Caption Contest - ROUND 29!!

3. Thanks!

Excellent level here again!
    I was impressed once more by your sci-fi style of art. While it's a over-used theme, your level is feeling fresh. I love the little puzzlish part and the humor throughout the level. It's just as every bit as good as the first one. I have no particuliar con outside the triangles part wich is not my style of gameplay.
    Your secrets are well done and the mini-game is really cool! I hope people discovers it. I'll have to play again.

To make a long story short this is clearly spotlight material here.

5. Thanks!

Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Wow! Thanks so much guys! Glad you enjoyed!

Yeah.. the triangles are tricky, but I sorta like them for some wacky reason. I was actually going to have them as an entire room and find your way out, with a few dead ends etc, but I figured you would really REALLY hate them! LOL!

Thanks again!
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

Grand Den Mod-er of LBPC Morgana25's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Overall activity: 0%

PSN
    Morgana25

I've seen this thing from infancy to publish and it just kept getting better. I can't say enough good things about it or your craftsmanlike approach to building it. If glitches, technical problems and a host of other strange occurances couldn't beat you down on this thing I doubt anything can. Congratulations on getting it done and making another fantastic level. It was my pleasure to ohhhh and ahhhh for you
    Last edited by Morgana25; 02-01-2010 at 02:10 AM.

sig by chuck_18mp illustration by TheZimInvader

Chroma Stone Chronicles Veriddian's Gem | Pyrra's Gem | Cerrulean's Gem | Irridia's Gem | Abyssia's Lair
    Dragons of Myth Egypt | Teotihuacan | Iceland | Greece
    Fire and Ice
    Sackrificed MM Picked! lbp.me link for Sackrificed

Morgana25 on lbp.me

Don't mess with Morgana or you get the wand

Those pictures look great! And about time you published this, for #3(if you make it) don't keep us wait this long.

It'll be the first level I play tonight.

9. Thanks!

Waiting for LBP3 patch !! mistervista's Avatar
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mistervista

Oh no, I've been waiting so long for this and the pictures look great. What a pity you decided to publish a couple of days after my PS3 died of the YLOD.
    Sig by Rhyfelwr
    : HOMAGE 1: " Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", Sheriff Sack 2: On the trail of Texas Jack,Pirates Of The Caribbean - Part 1: The Compass and Jack Sparrow, PLASMAVILLE-Winner of Sackcast Gadders Trial , Sheriff Sack: Cleaning up the town of Sackwood.

11. Thanks!

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 366
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    RickRock_777
    Blog Entries

Hi jww.

Where to start...how about Awesome! Great ship design, puzzles, and secret areas (how I do love the secret areas...very appealing to my adventurous nature).

And my paintinator skills really paid off in the minigame (THANKS for the opportunity to awe my daughter).

I liked your upgraded sentries, but despised the pesky moppers...my nightmare part of this recurring dream.

Regarding our conversation the other night, I decided to wait to repub Takken, since you and AJ have just published...that way there won't be 3 space adventures trying to hit Cool Pages at the same time. Although, the bomb survival levels seem to have no issues doing it, but they're all destined to be 5 stars...we have to literally bleed to get 3....the pain...the pain.

So, accept my latest PSN friend request so I can invite you to see what I've done to spruce up Takken.

You've got a good start on your rating, and I wish you and AJ the Very Best run at Cool Pages.

Rick

13. Thanks!

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 904
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    piggabling
    Blog Entries

Oooooh from me too! Looks very good

Judging by the pictures, I admire the design of the level. I like the askew angles and the plane-layering. Also the amount of detail appears top-notch!

Looks great Jww!

15. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morgana25 View Post
    I've seen this thing from infancy to publish and it just kept getting better. I can't say enough good things about it or your craftsmanlike approach to building it. If glitches, technical problems and a host of other strange occurances couldn't beat you down on this thing I doubt anything can. Congratulations on getting it done and making another fantastic level. It was my pleasure to ohhhh and ahhhh for you
    Thanks Morgana! It is so wonderful to finally be able to publish this, especially considering the mini game was done like back in July or August!! lol! Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Endless_Echo View Post
    Those pictures look great! And about time you published this, for #3(if you make it) don't keep us wait this long.

It'll be the first level I play tonight.
    Cool! Can't wait to hear your opinion! ...yeah, this one did take a horribly long time. I wish I kept track of actual design hours, but maybe I am happy I didn't as it would be staggering!! My involvement with the Beta kept me away for much too long, but I learned so much during the OC stuff that it was time well spent!

Quote Originally Posted by mistervista View Post
    Oh no, I've been waiting so long for this and the pictures look great. What a pity you decided to publish a couple of days after my PS3 died of the YLOD.
    So sorry Mr V!!! Yeah.. I should have invited you over during that last message you sent. So very sorry!! I hope you get a replacement asap!!

Quote Originally Posted by RickRock_777 View Post
    Hi jww.

Where to start...how about Awesome! Great ship design, puzzles, and secret areas (how I do love the secret areas...very appealing to my adventurous nature).

And my paintinator skills really paid off in the minigame (THANKS for the opportunity to awe my daughter).

I liked your upgraded sentries, but despised the pesky moppers...my nightmare part of this recurring dream.

Regarding our conversation the other night, I decided to wait to repub Takken, since you and AJ have just published...that way there won't be 3 space adventures trying to hit Cool Pages at the same time. Although, the bomb survival levels seem to have no issues doing it, but they're all destined to be 5 stars...we have to literally bleed to get 3....the pain...the pain.

So, accept my latest PSN friend request so I can invite you to see what I've done to spruce up Takken.

You've got a good start on your rating, and I wish you and AJ the Very Best run at Cool Pages.

Rick
    Thanks Rick! Appreciate your kind words. LOL!! Mop bucket dreams! Yikes! Sorry about that!

[Spoiler]
    I tossed quite a bit at it and still have like 2 rooms and a boss left over... So not a bad start for the next one!
    [/Spoiler]

..and I already accepted! If you don't see me join, don't worry as I leave my PS3 on quite a bit with me standing in the pod while flipped over to cable tv.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by piggabling View Post
    Oooooh from me too! Looks very good

Judging by the pictures, I admire the design of the level. I like the askew angles and the plane-layering. Also the amount of detail appears top-notch!

Looks great Jww!

Thanks! I had fun doing this. ...now go and play it and report back!! LOL!!

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 72
    PSN
    AJnKnox
    Blog Entries

Ok how about WOW!

Dude just played this and I have to say very impressive! I had a chuckle at our similar use of materials. I love your details. Your control panels are great! Much better than the ones have IMO
    Your puzzle elements were very cool and to me creative and new. the lighting was well suited. I see now why Ranger Zero compared us...style wise we are different but our approach is similar

I really had fun figuring out what I needed to do and to me if you have that (no matter the rest) then your level is a success!

Great fun

5 Stars hearted puzzler tag and hearted you as a creator

18. Thanks!

Man, this level is SO much fun - fantastic detailed environment, really creative layering - I also loved the moving triangles section. I already had given you my input the other night, and I really didn't see any other flaws. Paintinator section was tough but fair - and GREAT slide to the finish!

5 stars and a heart!
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

20. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AJnKnox View Post
    Ok how about WOW!

Dude just played this and I have to say very impressive! I had a chuckle at our similar use of materials. I love your details. Your control panels are great! Much better than the ones have IMO
    Your puzzle elements were very cool and to me creative and new. the lighting was well suited. I see now why Ranger Zero compared us...style wise we are different but our approach is similar

I really had fun figuring out what I needed to do and to me if you have that (no matter the rest) then your level is a success!

Great fun

5 Stars hearted puzzler tag and hearted you as a creator

Great comments I liked the Wow! Yeah... I would say we do in a way. ..at least in this one I did more of a puzzling platformer which I liked for being "stuck in the rafters" which is where this adventure mostly takes place. Thanks so much and glad you enjoyed! I will check yours out probably tomorrow and leave you some feedback as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CCubbage View Post
    Man, this level is SO much fun - fantastic detailed environment, really creative layering - I also loved the moving triangles section. I already had given you my input the other night, and I really didn't see any other flaws. Paintinator section was tough but fair - and GREAT slide to the finish!

5 stars and a heart!
    Thanks CCubbage! Really glad you enjoyed. I figure if I impress you then I am somewhere in the ballpark. Really means a bunch! Fun is one of the key elements I was really striving for and really happy you felt it was. The paintenator section is pretty tough, but doable if you concentrate on one layer at a time. I thought about toning it down a bit, but fell in love with the shot patterns. I thought it would be fun to be injected into the gun turret rather than having one just simply shooting at you. ...so I did! LOL!

Thanks again!

This level is fantastic! I think it has improved on the previous version (which I also loved) in just about every way. The layout of the level is much more detailed with the player crisscrossing all over the place and flipping switches. Visuals and lighting are spot on also. I like when levels get progressively more difficult as you get through the level. Saying that it wasn't too difficult. Great balance. Nice work JWW!
    5 of the best and a heart for you my friend.

23. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Yippie! I made Wex smile!

Thanks so much Wex... really means a lot. To tell you the truth, the whole time I was detailing the level I had pics from GBS 3 and Star Cruiser mounted on a huge board up above the level for inspiration as well as a measuring stick to insure I had quite a bit of detail. No copying at all of course, but sort of a measurement of 'fiddly bit per square inch' sort of thing!! I guess you will need to do the metric conversion for that!

Thanks Wex!! This really made my day!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwwphotos View Post
    Yippie! I made Wex smile!

Thanks so much Wex... really means a lot. To tell you the truth, the whole time I was detailing the level I had pics from GBS 3 and Star Cruiser mounted on a huge board up above the level for inspiration as well as a measuring stick to insure I had quite a bit of detail. No copying at all of course, but sort of a measurement of 'fiddly bit per square inch' sort of thing!! I guess you will need to do the metric conversion for that!

Thanks Wex!! This really made my day!!
    haha, when I was making GBS 3 I also had pics from star cruiser around the place for inspiration. Its great for little ideas for how to detail your level. You level defenitely took these good ideas and expanded on them to create your own unique level. Enjoyable from begining to end

26. Thanks!

This level is awesome!!
    The detail of the spacecraft is impressive!!
    really like being on a ship alien and the atmosphere is excellent!!
    There are things truly original and unique!!
    Together with the levels with horror and Egyptian settings, including those of science fiction, if well designed like this are part of the levels I love most!
    I could not finish it because I lost my ps3 connection, but tonight I will play it again until the end and definitely leave you a heart and 5 stars.
    I would appreciate if you tried my levels "Quetzcoatl rebirth" And "Little big adventure in the world of the pumpkins", I think you will like it!
    MY LBP2 LEVELS:

-Void Spectrum
    -Hyper Hexagon
    -Vector Storm (3d Perspective Shooter)
    -Icarus Type Alpha (The real Side Shooter)
    -Shadows of Salem Part.1 (Rise of the Witches)
    -Shadows of Salem Part.2 (The Cauldron)
    -Synchronicity
    -The Holy Alliance:Wrath of the creators (Prologue)

28. Thanks!

PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Thanks so much! Appreciate your comments and hope you get a chance to finish. I usually do only one level for my F4F, but after playing your Quetzcoatl Rebirth a bit ago, I am definitely interested and will take a look at your pumpkin one as well and leave some comments on your level threads here after lunch!

Thanks again!

Don't worry, I don't remember you had already played at on of my level. Sorry.
    you don't feel obligated to play another,i understand you.
    MY LBP2 LEVELS:

-Void Spectrum
    -Hyper Hexagon
    -Vector Storm (3d Perspective Shooter)
    -Icarus Type Alpha (The real Side Shooter)
    -Shadows of Salem Part.1 (Rise of the Witches)
    -Shadows of Salem Part.2 (The Cauldron)
    -Synchronicity
    -The Holy Alliance:Wrath of the creators (Prologue)

Loved it! Every second, loved how you added the players thoughts. (upgraded the sweepers)... hahaha! Great work! Well worth the wait! And ooooo... teased us with Space Escape 3!! 5 stars and hearted! Love all your creations!
    Jones Series "MmPick". Green Aliens Series. Dead Sacks Cave "Spotlighted". The Water Chamber. Switch Way. The Last Big Adventure. Spare Change. The Great Christmas Tree. Everyday Platformer.

32. Thanks!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast