BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default STEM Cell Sackboy - DML Competition Winner, Best in Class: Artistic

Overview:
    Thanks to the robust level creation tools of LittleBigPlanet, Sackboy will jump into the cellular realm and view stem cell research up close and personal. “Stem Cell Sackboy” is a sidescrolling adventure that puts players into the “SackCell” and allows them to interact with embryonic stem cells and participate in an “accelerated” stem cell therapy procedure. Players will learn about the processes of cell growth and reproduction including the importance and ethical issues of stem cell research in the medical and scientific community, on top of experiencing this groundbreaking research through fun puzzles, minigames, and exploration as a cell!

If you guys get a chance, please check out the link and discuss the level if you like the idea. There's also more information about the future level there as well.

http://www.dmlcompetition.net/pligg/story.php?title=457

I really would love to continue this project (after Knights of the Azure Palace is finished) and hope it gets chosen as one of the finalists for the Game Changers competition.
    Last edited by gevurah22; 05-25-2010 at 03:56 PM.
    2011 Guinness World Record Holder for LBP2

Newest Level: The Gundam Wing Project *Spotlighted*

Award Winning Levels
    2009 Sackie Nominee: The Azure Palace | 2009 Sackie Winner: LittleBigContra Stage 8: Alien's Lair | LBP GOTY Featured Level: The Steampunk Samurai | 2010 DML Competition Best in Class: Artistic - Stem Cell Sackboy Series | The Fist of Craft Earth *Mm Picked*

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 283
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Thegide
    Blog Entries

O.o Donkey....

I work in a stem cell research lab. My PhD thesis is on the genetic programming stem cells into muscle. I wasn't interested much in the competition, but this is a really cool idea and I'd be happy to get involved. If you're interested in collaborating, let me know.

By the looks of your grant application, I gather your career is headed in the same direction as mine?
    Last edited by Thegide; 02-01-2010 at 08:11 PM.

Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 24
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Tommy012345
    Blog Entries

Enemy = White Blood Cells :P

Looks like a Pretty good Idea!

(Also, Your gevurah, Yet your Donkey, yet your gevurah?)

wow this is.....different...kind of a different style (you're the mecha man ) but still awesome nonetheless...lemme know if you need beta testing for this aswell id love to participate

I'm deliciouse! Littlebigdude805's Avatar
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    littlebigdude805
    Blog Entries

sounds like a winner to me! having played the spore cell phase many times this immediately caught my eye, with some more realistic cells and enemies and maybe even a disease (think seeping gas) er...guess im getting of the topic of education reasons but ide absolutely love to see a spin off series of levels were you run different body scenarios as different cells

by Chump

NEW LEVELS:http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...%29-%282-4P%29
    F4F levels:
    Currently working on:

Quote Originally Posted by Thegide View Post
    O.o Donkey....

I work in a stem cell research lab. My PhD thesis is on the genetic programming stem cells into muscle. I wasn't interested much in the competition, but this is a really cool idea and I'd be happy to get involved. If you're interested in collaborating, let me know.

By the looks of your grant application, I gather your career is headed in the same direction as mine?
    I do work in the medical field, but in a completely different direction, lol. I am doing this because I am fond of stem cell research in general. I'll see if adding more people is possible considering you actually do work with stem cells, but I can't promise anything. If not, I'd definitely like your input.

And of course, all of y'all can test it assuming it gets chosen. =)

Award Winning Levels
    2009 Sackie Nominee: The Azure Palace | 2009 Sackie Winner: LittleBigContra Stage 8: Alien's Lair | LBP GOTY Featured Level: The Steampunk Samurai | 2010 DML Competition Best in Class: Artistic - Stem Cell Sackboy Series | The Fist of Craft Earth *Mm Picked*

nice....you got me on PSN so send a message whenever

7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Thegide
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by donkey show View Post
    I do work in the medical field, but in a completely different direction, lol. I am doing this because I am fond of stem cell research in general. I'll see if adding more people is possible considering you actually do work with stem cells, but I can't promise anything. If not, I'd definitely like your input.

And of course, all of y'all can test it assuming it gets chosen. =)
    Absolutely! I'd be happy to provide input regardless. There are so many facets to the research - I see lots of potential for a project like this. One of the most beneficial things might be the opportunity to educate people that there are alternatives to embryo harvesting for ES cell research. Given the ethical issues, it's no secret that there are huge political barriers holding back research - but what most of the public is completely unaware of is the potential for obtaining stem cells in different, more ethically acceptable ways.

We recently launched this site as a statement from the scientific community to the public about our commitment to safe and ethical research:
    http://www.stemcellcharter.org/#/charter

To think that something like LBP could be a vehicle for this kind of stuff is great. Any time you want to talk more about this, feel free to message me here on on PSN

9. Thanks!

Hmmm, I figured I might as well try to see if I can get some help from the LBPCentral community in regards to commenting on my project in the DML competition before it closes. Any help would be much appreciated, especially now that I've finished the Knights of the Azure Palace.

Kinda imagine a teaching level about stem cells, but with this kind of quality...

=P

EDIT: BTW Thegide, that stem cell charter is really sweet.
    Last edited by gevurah22; 02-20-2010 at 05:29 AM.

Award Winning Levels

11. Thanks!

PSN
    Thegide
    Blog Entries

Thanks, I know a lot of effort went into it's creation. Politics plays a huge part in what research gets funded these days, and a lot of that political pressure comes from the ethical and moral concerns of a generally uninformed public. A statement like this hopefully helps reassure the public that we are committed to doing research in a responsible way.

Anyways, you've got me on board for whatever you need in this project.

Woot! Just made the game changers finalist list with this project. Now I can start working overtime on this thing... even though I should've done that a long time ago, lol.

Award Winning Levels

lol you know what to do when you're ready

15. Thanks!

Stem Cells are those cells that can ''transform'' into the cells next to it right?

Easily explained ofc.

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 193

PSN
    Shhabbazz

ddduuude thats AWESOME. yeah... but im dumb so i dont get stem cell research and stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Shhabbazz View Post
    ddduuude thats AWESOME. yeah... but im dumb so i dont get stem cell research and stuff...
    Well, that's what the level is going to help you understand while making it as painless as possible, yet fun at the same time. And don't worry, it's not going to be mind numbingly hard like my other levels. =P

Award Winning Levels

PSN
    Shhabbazz

Well, that's what the level is going to help you understand while making it as painless as possible, yet fun at the same time. And don't worry, it's not going to be mind numbingly hard like my other levels. =P
    yay!! haha... still can't beat the dragon on the azure palace level...

20. Thanks!

Haha, c'mon it isn't that hard! =P

Like always, I'll be updating the thread with new stuff and testing times once it's reached a playable status in my mind. I have some cool surprises in store, so I hope y'all will be looking forward to it. =)

Award Winning Levels

22. Thanks!

PSN
    Shhabbazz

Haha, c'mon it isn't that hard! =P

Like always, I'll be updating the thread with new stuff and testing times once it's reached a playable status in my mind. I have some cool surprises in store, so I hope y'all will be looking forward to it. =)
    I always die at the last part with the sword...

anyway, good luck dude (not that you'll need it or anything)

can't wait..wondering what the prizes would be for this game lol

hope ya win too...would be awesome to show people how LBP can be used for education as well as entertainment

I think Gevurah and I are a shoe-in for at least the $5K prize... in which categories, though is anyone's guess. However, the $50k prize is anyone's bet at this point. Good luck Gev!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast