BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Errr, I think you misunderstood the "prizes." Nobody really wins $5,000 or $50,000. You create an itemized budget for a certain amount of money and you get it once you qualify by turning in your final 3 minute project, budget, and something else... assuming your budget is justified. If you happen to somehow justify spending $50,000 on creating your levels, then you get $50,000. If not, it obviously has to be dialed down. Think of the money they're giving away as a grant.

And definitely good luck to you as well! =)
    2011 Guinness World Record Holder for LBP2

Newest Level: The Gundam Wing Project *Spotlighted*

Award Winning Levels
    2009 Sackie Nominee: The Azure Palace | 2009 Sackie Winner: LittleBigContra Stage 8: Alien's Lair | LBP GOTY Featured Level: The Steampunk Samurai | 2010 DML Competition Best in Class: Artistic - Stem Cell Sackboy Series | The Fist of Craft Earth *Mm Picked*

Yeah, they were pretty vague on the money part. I submitted my itemized budget for the second round at $5k per level based on a $50 per hour wage at 100 hours per level. Multiplied by 10 levels, gave me a $50K budget.

Funny though... in the original submission application it stated that for the Game Changers category that the budget amount requested didn't matter since the prize amounts were already predetermined. That's what caused the confusion. Apparently they have been getting a lot of inquiries about this and have since sent out a response explaining the budget policy.

Originally I had just entered in "$5,000" as my proposed budget because of what I had read when filling out the initial application... but I am going for the big big prize... so I have since had to bump the figure up ten fold. They said it is okay to make that change when submitting your itemized budget as long as the figures were justified.

Meh, I guess we shall see.

wow seems this project was more intricate then i thought

Here are some WIP pics from the project:

Nearly everything is moving, even in the background to give a sense of life to the world.

Award Winning Levels
    2009 Sackie Nominee: The Azure Palace | 2009 Sackie Winner: LittleBigContra Stage 8: Alien's Lair | LBP GOTY Featured Level: The Steampunk Samurai | 2010 DML Competition Best in Class: Artistic - Stem Cell Sackboy Series | The Fist of Craft Earth *Mm Picked*

wow looks nice, question tho what happened to the part that was in the youtube video where you were a cell swimming around in blood/plasma and such? that part i was looking foward to viewing in the pix

That'll be later. Having the entire level be in there wasn't really conducive to the learning aspect so it's been scaled down.

Award Winning Levels

oh i see...well can't wait until this is ready for testing

8. Thanks!

I'm playing with fire with the deadline, but here's some more WIP pics.

The proposal video will be done by tomorrow night, but the level itself will probably be finished a week after.

Award Winning Levels

looking sexy there

Diggin' It. Can't wait to see the final piece.

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 193
    Overall activity: 0%

PSN
    Shhabbazz

NICE! it looks awesome... Can't wait to play it!

YAARRRRR!!!

Video proposal compleeeeete!!!

And no, I don't sound like the voice in the vid... lol. The quality should get better since its still processing (HD).

Award Winning Levels

I'm deliciouse! Littlebigdude805's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    littlebigdude805
    Blog Entries

lol science is fuuuuuuuun, lol can't wait to play it i smell i winner!

by Chump

NEW LEVELS:http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...%29-%282-4P%29
    F4F levels:
    Currently working on:

15. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebigdude805 View Post
    lol science is fuuuuuuuun, lol can't wait to play it i smell i winner!
    LOL, that was all spur of the moment dialog. If possible, please comment on the youtube or possibly register and comment on my digital media learning competition page here: http://www.dmlcompetition.net/pligg/story.php?title=457

Every little bit helps! Plus I'm glad you like what you see!

Award Winning Levels

Suh-weeeet. I'm diggin' the concept a lot. Looks pretty good so far. I was beginning to think that I was the only person to get their vid submitted in time. You really DID cut it close.

18. Thanks!

ok i just have to ask....those two scientists in the beginning...that's you and your wife right? lol....i have a feeling im right

lol and AWESOME level man loved the muscle cells the most they looked very nice and strange too

20. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by cdubb024 View Post
    Suh-weeeet. I'm diggin' the concept a lot. Looks pretty good so far. I was beginning to think that I was the only person to get their vid submitted in time. You really DID cut it close.
    As long as it's in, deadlines don't matter, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcrazy View Post
    ok i just have to ask....those two scientists in the beginning...that's you and your wife right? lol....i have a feeling im right
    Yup, that's me and the wifey!

Award Winning Levels

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 14
    Overall activity: 32.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    damaz10
    Blog Entries

Looks great dude! Makes me anxious for that shark/bomb/airplane/ramp/dbz styled level you mentioned making sometime. The level has a profession feel to it and I feel all sciencey just by watching the vid! Great job dude! You'r creation skills are growing at a astounding rate!

23. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by donkey show View Post
    Yup, that's me and the wifey!
    HAAAAA!!!! lol i knew it made me lol the first time i saw it hehe this is something to look foward to seeing when playing haha

25. Thanks!

Thanks guys! These levels aren't going to be long, but because of the complexity of the visuals, it's a huge thermo eater. The first two levels were originally one, etc. And that's not really taking into account simplifying the stem cell information!

Award Winning Levels

27. Thanks!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast