BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Knights of the Azure Palace Part 1 - Congrats to Kamari07, JKThree, and Arctos13!!!

Knights of the Azure Palace Part 1 by gevurah22
    As the follow up to the Azure Palace of levels long ago, Knights of the Azure Palace Part 1 will take players deeper into the lore of the underwater Azure Palace. Players will once again use the Azure Key to survive the harsh dangers that await them, while attempting to unlock the mysteries of the Azure Knights and their eternal fight against the evil Unktehilas. Littered with secrets, score combos, and amazing visuals, experience true underwater action and survival in this race to the finish in Part 1 of the Knights of the Azure Palace series!

Features
    - The Palace denizens aren't too fond of Sackboys and they're willing to follow you anywhere until you leave...
    - Use multiple Azure Keys at once! If you lose one, you can always get it back!
    - Defeat certain enemies to unlock special conditions and secrets
    - Survive with the Azure Key to unlock special conditions and secrets hidden throughout the Azure Palace

Firstly, a big thanks to the beta testers. It really helped getting a different perspective on my level which has been in the works for what seems like ages now! It's been a long time since I actually sat down and worked on a level from beginning to end since GOTY, and it's really refreshing to actually finish and feel accomplished.

A lot of people wanted the original Azure Palace to have water, but I didn't think it would do it justice. Not only that, I thought I could do much better than just add water, so thus Knights of the Azure Palace came about. Gameplay is rather straightforward, but still reminiscent of the original as you are carrying the Azure Key around and using it to protect yourself from the dangers of the Unktehila. But thanks to having actual water physics and a couple glitches, I was able to pull off some neat tricks. And part two is currently in development as well, but for now I hope you enjoy the ride that Part 1 can bring.

On an aside, I'd like to kick off a little present for LBPC members. I have three little Sackboys who are itching to get out of my house and find new homes.

So in conjunction with LBPCentral, we're going to have an Official Contest with the Knights of the Azure Palace Part 1 to find these guys a home... yours to be exact!

Rules:
    • The top three LBPC members that appear on the Knights of the Azure Palace Part 1 scoreboard at the end of March 12 2300 PST will receive one of these Sackboys for free!
    • Qualified members must be registered as an LBPCentral Member
    • No use of score glitching is allowed
    • Entrants must notify their score and PSNs to this thread
    • Only one player scores will be counted

Don't worry about the shipping as it'll be taken care of personally. Every other day, I'll post the current leaders so you guys know what you need to do to win! So lets have fun and win ourselves some Sackboys!!!
    Last edited by gevurah22; 02-19-2010 at 06:34 PM.

Going to play now. Found bug in beta tho, the key could get stuck between 2 walls(I think it was near were u first get it.) and you had to restart. The checkpoint issue wasn't cuz it frustrate, it cuz swimming(even fast) was slow so you'd often die then respawn far away. I'd also give players the option of a scuba suit so they don't find it to hard(maybe there a switch near start if you pull it you get scuba.) If you wanted to Be fancy you could even make the bubble emitters turn off too.
    Coming soon:

PSP:
    Back Down Under:
    http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...ack-Down-Under

PS3:
    Crane Capers(Survival Challenge)

3. Thanks!

I think I'll wait for part 2 ^^ cant wait to see it all so maybe ill cave in lol

Woah that is so view... bakscratch's Avatar
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 623
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Bakscratch

Ill have a go
    Epic Banner : D

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 340
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    KernelM
    Blog Entries

Played this in the beta and it blew me away!

Donkey; It has a Space in my heart wanting to play the finished version!

7. Thanks!

Those sackys will be mine

Just got done playing this.... epic! And I don't mean that in the "hey, this is a good level" epic - I mean that in the true english meaning of the word. Fantastic story, well-written text, great design and mechanics, beautiful graphics, and intriguing switch logic that truly brings life to the creatures. This level kept me rivited all the way to the end.

I loved the battles - having those little creatures following you while you're trying to kill them with the key really added tension. Plus, that place FEELS huge and gives a great sense of exploration.

The one thing I felt could be improved is having a checkpoint right where one of those creatures would float. If you die it's pretty difficult to get out of that spot, since the creature follows you and you're on the checkpoint. I managed to get out in 1 try (by coaxing the creature one way then zipping away really quick), but I could see how players may think they are stuck. Maybe either not have a checkpoint in that particular room, or put it in an area out of the open a bit where those creatures can't foolow you..... I'm sure you'll think of something.

Regardless, this level is a 5 star level if I ever saw one... you obviously put a HUGE amount of work in it. Great job!
    Last edited by CCubbage; 02-19-2010 at 02:19 PM.
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

10. Thanks!

LBPCs 4th favourite Irish KQuinn94Z's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 653

PSN
    Quinn94Z

Looking forward to it Geruvah.

Levels:
    Teamwork! (TWO PLAYER ONLY)
    Lost In the Tribal Caves
    Howdy Partners! By Myself And Ruof (2 PLAYER ONLY) --- *SPOTLIGHTED*
    The Fantastical adventure- The Kingdom! --- *SPOTLIGHTED*
    The Fantastical adventure 2-The Safari Chase!*SPOTLIGHTED*

Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 329
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    v0rtex2002
    Blog Entries

Can't wait to play this. But I have a concern with your contest...

There is a relatively new bug regarding scores that I think could potentially cause controversy in a score related contest. The high scores do not remain static. What I mean is that they seem to revert or, in some cases, disappear altogether. For instance, in my current level Virtual Reality Survival Challenge 2, Duffluc has achieved the high score for single player. But I've only seen his name up there two or three times (yes, it has changed back and forth that often). Last night he was shown in 5th place with a much lower score (the score he had before he reached the top spot). Also, Mr. & Mrs. Vista scored huge on the two player (or so they say... I have no reason to doubt them other than the fact that...) their prior score is what shows on the stats (although it is also the top score, it is not the 800k + that they recently scored). After I mentioned this in my level thread, others chimed in that they were experiencing similar scoreboard/stat oddities.

So... anyway... just a word of caution. If this bug persists, it may be challenging to run a fair high score contest.

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 283
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Thegide
    Blog Entries

It's out now? I'll have to play when I get home from work. Can't wait to see what all that hard work has culminated in!

CC called it, I got stuck there for 15seconds, totaled up to 8 deaths the moment sackboy exited the checkpoint(Before the player gets control). Eventually it's sudden boosts upon my respawn got it out from infront of the checkpoint and I was able to put a wall between me and him. After that everything was fine.

"Death To The Pink One!" -A True Friend

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 594
    Your First Group 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    geddez12
    Blog Entries

im going to play it now bt im surprised its only got 32 views!!!!

Geddez12

Impossible is nothing

Levels : Secret car garage and Secret car garage 2

Waiting for LBP2 patch !! mistervista's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 948
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mistervista

Yeah as vortex says it's not a good time to hold a contest until the bug is fixed.

Also I played the level earlier and couldn't finish because of a bug after powering up the key so it wouldn't be fair to hold the contest until the level itself has been thoroughly tested and all possible level breaking bugs sorted out too.
    Sig by Rhyfelwr
    : HOMAGE 1: " Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", Sheriff Sack 2: On the trail of Texas Jack,Pirates Of The Caribbean - Part 1: The Compass and Jack Sparrow, PLASMAVILLE-Winner of Sackcast Gadders Trial , Sheriff Sack: Cleaning up the town of Sackwood.

Quote Originally Posted by CCubbage View Post
    Just got done playing this.... epic! And I don't mean that in the "hey, this is a good level" epic - I mean that in the true english meaning of the word. Fantastic story, well-written text, great design and mechanics, beautiful graphics, and intriguing switch logic that truly brings life to the creatures. This level kept me rivited all the way to the end.

I loved the battles - having those little creatures following you while you're trying to kill them with the key really added tension. Plus, that place FEELS huge and gives a great sense of exploration.

The one thing I felt could be improved is having a checkpoint right where one of those creatures would float. If you die it's pretty difficult to get out of that spot, since the creature follows you and you're on the checkpoint. I managed to get out in 1 try (by coaxing the creature one way then zipping away really quick), but I could see how players may think they are stuck. Maybe either not have a checkpoint in that particular room, or put it in an area out of the open a bit where those creatures can't foolow you..... I'm sure you'll think of something.

Regardless, this level is a 5 star level if I ever saw one... you obviously put a HUGE amount of work in it. Great job!
    Thanks for that man! Regarding that particular checkpoint, I have an idea of how to fix that little part when I get back home. It shouldn't affect the total gameplay of it.

And that's what you were talking about PaddyJ, lol. It'll be easily taken care of. I'll make that checkpoint a little safe haven. Those monsters are supposed to be pretty aggro so I should've thought about placement a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by v0rtex
    Score bug stuff
    Totally understandable and thanks for the heads up. I'll be taking the pics of the scores myself so that at least there will be some sense of consistency. I'll also do it within a certain amount of time as well. I know what the average high score can be since I've really worked the multipliers and whatnot, so if I see something that's out of the norm, questions will arise to its legitimacy. But hey, you LBPC guys wouldn't lie to me, right? =P

Quote Originally Posted by mistervista View Post
    Yeah as vortex says it's not a good time to hold a contest until the bug is fixed.

Also I played the level earlier and couldn't finish because of a bug after powering up the key so it wouldn't be fair to hold the contest until the level itself has been thoroughly tested and all possible level breaking bugs sorted out too.
    So what exactly happened so I can fix it soon?
    Last edited by gevurah22; 02-19-2010 at 03:34 PM.
    2011 Guinness World Record Holder for LBP2

Newest Level: The Gundam Wing Project *Spotlighted*

Award Winning Levels
    2009 Sackie Nominee: The Azure Palace | 2009 Sackie Winner: LittleBigContra Stage 8: Alien's Lair | LBP GOTY Featured Level: The Steampunk Samurai | 2010 DML Competition Best in Class: Artistic - Stem Cell Sackboy Series | The Fist of Craft Earth *Mm Picked*

Waiting for LBP2 patch !! mistervista's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 948
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mistervista

I left details in the comments section of the level. It was basically that grabbing the key takes you to the middle layer by the look of it into the area where you have to get past that monster with gas around it and collect the bubbles to open the door. I did that and powered up the key but when I went up to kill the next monster with it I got killed by it and respawned before the big monster in the previous area and then because I had nothing to grab I couldn't move from the front layer to get into that area again.
    Sig by Rhyfelwr
    : HOMAGE 1: " Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", Sheriff Sack 2: On the trail of Texas Jack,Pirates Of The Caribbean - Part 1: The Compass and Jack Sparrow, PLASMAVILLE-Winner of Sackcast Gadders Trial , Sheriff Sack: Cleaning up the town of Sackwood.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast