BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Zephyr Valley 2

Default Zephyr Valley 2

Zephyr Valley 2 by mrsupercomputer
    You saved Zephyr Valley's Windmill and defeated the villainess sky pirates... or so you thought! The pirates have returned and this time they want revenge! Make your way through the caves and protect the village before it's too late!

Well, it's finished. And it only took… actually let's not talk about how long it took. Zephyr Valley 2 is finally here and that's all the matters. I've put a lot of work into it and with the help of some great creators (who I'll get to in a second), I think I've managed to pull off a worthy sequel to Zephyr Valley. So, please give it a play and let me know what you think. I hope you like it.

I'd also like to thank a few people. First, thanks to all my testers, CCubbage, comphermc, ConfusedCartman, GrantosUK, javi haguse, Keldur, and rtm223. Not only did many of them play test the original (that I completely scrapped), but their feedback was essential in this new and, in my opinion, much improved version of ZV2. I'd especially like to thank Keldur for being the testing and feedback machine that he is. If you want someone to break your level, call that guy. I guarantee, he'll make you scratch your head and wonder "How the heck did he do that?"

In addition to the testing, I had a lot of help from some of these guys with actually building the level. Javi, Compher, and Rtm spent a lot of time floating around in create mode with me, giving me ideas, testing those ideas, and reassuring me that the level was pretty fun. I'm not sure I would have finished it without their motivation. So, while playing, think of Javi when you see the cool vines and elevator puzzle, Rtm when you see the "wall jumpers", and Compher when you see anything else that uses logic (he streamlined a lot of my bulky logic). Thanks for the help guys, it was very much appreciated!

Thanks to Chimpanzee for the video!

Last edited by mrsupercomputer; 03-22-2010 at 03:30 PM.

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Awesome!!! Can't wait to give it a few hundred plays!
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

3. Thanks!

Grand Den Mod-er of LBPC Morgana25's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Overall activity: 0%

PSN
    Morgana25

*passes out from sheer excitement* Horray!

sig by chuck_18mp illustration by TheZimInvader

Chroma Stone Chronicles Veriddian's Gem | Pyrra's Gem | Cerrulean's Gem | Irridia's Gem | Abyssia's Lair
    Dragons of Myth Egypt | Teotihuacan | Iceland | Greece
    Fire and Ice
    Sackrificed MM Picked! lbp.me link for Sackrificed

Morgana25 on lbp.me

Don't mess with Morgana or you get the wand

5. Thanks!

Wow... it's out! I'll give it a play when I get home.... As a playtester, I can also reassure you that this level is FUN! Every bit as good as the original, and also introduces a number of great new ideas. It has, IMHO, one of the best chase scenes I've seen - one that really got my adrenaline pumping. This also solved the issue of the original ZV2, in that I didn't feel I spent too long in caves - some of the coolest parts of this one are the burning town.

I LOVED the elevator puzzle - it may be a bit hard for a child to figure out, but to me thats a good thing. The solution made total sense.

Also, the glass water effects are some of the best I've seen - a number of months ago I was trying to make the argument for still using simulated water, and this pretty much makes my point for me - I've not seen a torrent of water flowing through quite like this.

Great job, 923 stars and 215.4 hearts!
    Last edited by CCubbage; 03-02-2010 at 04:09 PM.
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

7. Thanks!

It is finally here! As a playtester, I can guarantee that this level is worth every second you spend in it. And if my favorable opinion does not convince you, just go and play the prequel!
    My F4F level: Lafarge's Request (Spotlighted and also MM PICK!!)

9. Thanks!

I was a playtester as well, and all i can say is this is one of the best levels I've played in LBP... EVER!!
    There's so much stuff I love about this level that it makes me sick!! lol
    GO PLAY IT NOW!!

11. Thanks!

13. Thanks!

Tarsier Level Designer comphermc's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,725
    Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Hey, you said you were gonna wait for my classes to finish to publish! We're fighting!

Ha, kidding. I've played this level probably a hundred times now, but I want to play it some more. It's amazing to see the evolution of the project over the past [removed] months. I couldn't believe he completely (and I mean completely) scrapped the original level. It wasn't bad or anything, but the new one is so much better. The little details are crazy, and I love how everything completely resets if you mess it up somehow (you're welcome!). The water looks great, and the platforming/puzzles are dang solid.

On a side note, with the exception of maybe Subterranean Setbacks, this has got to be the largest level out there. When backed up, it's a massive 1200 KB approximately. All of the pipes and decorations, and much of the detail was added at the point where he couldn't add anything to the level. Everything was so calculated, it's crazy.

But, I do have to say that the chase is the second-best I've ever played.
    Mm Picks: Roller INC 2 | Wizard: Chapter 1 | LittleBigPrius
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube
    Lbp.me profile: comphermc | LittleBigplanet 2 Create Tutorials: LBPlanetorials

15. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by comphermc View Post
    Hey, you said you were gonna wait for my classes to finish to publish!
    I wanted to give you something to look forward to!

Quote Originally Posted by comphermc View Post
    I couldn't believe he completely (and I mean completely) scrapped the original level.
    Shhh! We're not supposed to talk about that! It makes me look crazy!

Wow i must say, this level looks very interesting. I will definatley be playing this when im next on lbp
    Funky Fun, Vertigo Series, 52 Whitechapel Lane, Malibu (Spotlighted), Dual Shock, Ja-Ja Land, The Spirit of Anne-Marie, Wooden Buttons, Speed Rush (Part Spotlighted), Bernard's Day out 3D (Part Spotlighted), CR, AND SO ON!

http://www.youtube.com/Tiawoods87

18. Thanks!

LBPCentral Creator Spotlight CrewUniverseUnderConstruction jwwphotos's Avatar
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 28.0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwwPhotos
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrsupercomputer View Post
    Shhh! We're not supposed to talk about that! It makes me look crazy!
    Not like having a monitor for a head doesn't already seem to point that out...
    (aka jww) - Published Levels
    Space Escape (spotlighted!) // Space Escape II (spotlighted!)
    Survival Line (spotlighted!) // Space Escape Pinball (spotlighted! Mm Picked!)
    Trapped (spotlighted! vita)

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 115
    PSN
    rtm223
    Blog Entries

Oh no! You released it without my feedback.... Well now I'll never tell you all the places it's broken. So there
    -- ? --

21. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CompherMC
    But, I do have to say that the chase is the second-best I've ever played
    Well, the problem is.... yours doesn't have a motorcycle. NOW, if you want to stick a motorcycle in your level - THEN we'll talk!
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

23. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rtm223 View Post
    Oh no! You released it without my feedback.... Well now I'll never tell you all the places it's broken. So there
    Sorry, I just couldn't wait! Especially after he whole ps3 debacle that happened yesterday. I was ready to get it published!

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 115
    PSN
    rtm223
    Blog Entries

Well I'll make sure to upload pictures of your dark matter and level floor when I get home in a couple of hours then. Ask comphy if you don't believe I will
    -- ? --

26. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rtm223 View Post
    Well I'll make sure to upload pictures of your dark matter and level floor when I get home in a couple of hours then. Ask comphy if you don't believe I will
    oh, he will!! it's the whole "ninja" persona...
    watch out for that guy!! he's sneaky....

Just played. The first was brilliant but this is 10 time more epic. Only complaint is that the ending is abrupt but with all the detail going on, that's inevitable. Also, it's cool that you worked in a couple of puzzles to break up the platforming
    Coming soon:

PSP:
    Back Down Under:
    http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...ack-Down-Under

PS3:
    Crane Capers(Survival Challenge)

29. Thanks!

loved it! darker than i expected and the water u made is prob the best ever made, 5stars and a heart x
    Pirate Planet
    The Dracula Hotel
    The Eagle and the Bear
    Sack in the box
    *NEW- Loch'd Up!*

31. Thanks!

Astounding Architecture Duffluc's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 68
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Duffluc

Awesome! I've been keeping an eye out for this ever since I tried out the first one. The wait was worth it, that's for sure. I really liked the simulated water, it looked a heck of a lot better than REAL water! The gameplay was also awesome, and I loved the set piece moments like the rockfall and the sky pirate bombings. I have no idea how you got those things to reset. The race was amazing! At the end where you jump onto the big guy of the motorcycle, if you manage to grab his left leg he won't move. maybe make an or gate there for that situation? The only thing i can complain about is the fact that you set up the bubble combo's so perfectly I didn't have a chance to take in the absolutely breathtaking visuals!

My Levels: The Aqueduct *spotlighted*, Mechanica: District-15 *spotlighted*, Archaic Ascension

The Odyssey: Prologue *spotlighted*, Part 1 *spotlighted*, Part 2 *spotlighted*

33. Thanks!

hard to get thing right the first time when you dont really know where you going and that you only have so much time for you from down but enjoyed it alot heart and five stars

35. Thanks!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast