BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Resuming the Creator Spotlight

We've had a number of quality applications, and we've come to a conclusion. We've got two more Creator Spotlights in the queue (by MrsSpookyBuz) that we'll publish over the coming weeks, and then we'll reveal what we've got in store for the future of the Creator Spotlight. I'm going to lock this thread as we've gotten all the applications we need, but we do appreciate all of the willingness to contribute and we hope you like what we've got in store!

--------------------

Since MrsSpookyBuz left, we've missed the Creator Spotlight quite a bit. It's been long enough that I feel it's high time to start looking for a replacement! I'd list the requirements, but comphermc put it very well in another thread:
    In addition to being able to put forth the time needed to actually make the Creator Spotlight, it is desirable that you...

• Exhibit sufficient grammatical and spelling precision. This is, after all, an article that is posted on the front page of the site, and is representative of LBPC as a whole.
    • Be familiar with the LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanetCentral communities. It would be difficult to provide in "insiders" view of LBP while being an outsider yourself.
    • Be willing to seek out lesser known creators. This is an extension of the second bullet above, but is no less important. The Creator Spotlight is not all about stroking egos; rather, it as about providing insight into the lives of the big-name and lesser-known creators alike.
    • Be fun, funny, and friendly. This a bit more subjective, but your writing style and interview methods should be something that people would want to read.

If you think you've got what it takes, let us know. MrsSpookyBuz wrote some great Creator Spotlights, but if someone else were to resume her post, we wouldn't demand you try to recreate her work. [note by CC: everyone has a different writing style, so we're more interested in a fun new one than one that mimics MrsSpookyBuz's]
    So, if you think like you're up for the task and would like to be a regular contributor to LBPCentral, PM your application to me. All your application needs to contain is a short 1-2 paragraph explanation of a) why you qualify for the position and b) why you're interested in taking the reigns. If we think you might be a good fit, we'll get in touch and discuss specifics.
    Last edited by ConfusedCartman; 03-25-2010 at 03:09 AM. Reason: typo

Sackperson Demagogue Incinerator22's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,161
    Overall activity: 0%
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Incinerator22
    Blog Entries

I'd love to help, except I do want the best for the site and I know there are others out there who could do much better.

Good luck to whoever makes it!

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 979
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    CyberSora

Well, I'm not good at interviewing people, mainly because the pressure of being in the front news and screwing up.

Good luck to everybody who applies.

4. Thanks!

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 390

PSN
    wolverine_2008

whats a creator spotlight?

Nobody really cares if you’re miserable, so you might as well be happy.

It's essentially a way for great creators to get recognized. These are usually creators who constantly create quality levels. They also interview the creator and ask questions such as what their favorite level is and why they enjoy creating.

I nominate a Community Spotlight member!

Sackperson Private jackofcourse's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 902
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    jackofcourse

Ninja would be perfect for this. Come back sir, we miss you
    Newer LBP2 Level - The Mind Factory
    New LBP2 Level - Rogue Panda Rescue (TV ad level)

9. Thanks!

The REAL Stephanie Ravens
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,283
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    wdddffffff
    Blog Entries

I nominate me because I'm the best at everything.

It's great to hear that the Creator Spotlight is coming back - it has been one of my favorite aspects of LBPC since its introduction.

I'm very much looking forward to the return of this feature as well as seeing who will be running the show.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSora View Post
    Well, I'm not good at interviewing people, mainly because the pressure of being in the front news and screwing up.
    Ah, CS - you never cease to make me laugh with your insight. I think we all feel this way from time to time.

That might be a new favorite quote of mine.

Pocket Moon Podcast: PAX Prime 2013 Special Episode on
    Soundcloud : iTunes : Direct Download : RSS Feed
    Follow me on Twitter @tross13

Xenomooch and Space Corps: ReVITAlized, now playing on a Vita near you.

My PSP Levels
    The Space Corps Series -- The Star Bores Saga -- The Interwebs

12. Thanks!

This would be fun to do but I just don't know if I could take the time to do a good job on it. I have a tough time with my film maker blog and that doesn't require anybody else so I can work on it at any time.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    rtm223
    Blog Entries

Does anyone else think the idea of a teebonesey-penned spotlight would be.... interesting? Sure, we certainly wouldn't learn anything about the creators at all and at points it would likely devolve into incomprehensibility, but surely that's part of teeb's charm? No?
    -- ? --

Tarsier Level Designer comphermc's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,725
    Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rtm223 View Post
    Does anyone else think the idea of a teebonesey-penned spotlight would be.... interesting? Sure, we certainly wouldn't learn anything about the creators at all and at points it would likely devolve into incomprehensibility, but surely that's part of teeb's charm? No?
    Um..... yes!
    Mm Picks: Roller INC 2 | Wizard: Chapter 1 | LittleBigPrius
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube
    Lbp.me profile: comphermc | LittleBigplanet 2 Create Tutorials: LBPlanetorials

16. Thanks!

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 979
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    CyberSora

Yes! Not to be taken offensively, but Teebonesey tends to elaborate on one topic too much, along with adding some once-in-a-while off topic details. So seeing Teebonesey doing the Spotlight will actually be quite amusing!

18. Thanks!

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew shropshirelass's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 36
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    shropshire-lass

I think that's an absolutely inspired idea! It would definitely get my vote. He may need some "persuading" though...

20. Thanks!

Hmm.... I kind of want to do this, but kind of don't. . I think I'll pass actually, to time consuming for me. But then again I can see myself doing this... I dunno.

EDIT: Off topic but how come shropshirelass' post is after CyberSora's when shropshirelass posted first? (See picture in spoiler)

[spoiler][/spoiler]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Doopz; 03-20-2010 at 01:21 PM.

PSN
    rtm223
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shropshirelass View Post
    He may need some "persuading" though...
    Have you ever actually seen how much persuading it takes teebonesey before he goes off on one? The following is an excerpt from a conversation in the beta forums (here) about how noone really likes going over to the (official) beta forums. Note: There is no beta-specific info here, so it should be safe to publish to the wider world:

Quote Originally Posted by Syroc View Post
    Can we send a unmanned probe to the beta forums every now and then?
    I say we just bundle teebonesy through the door, hold it shut for 10 minutes and then let him out if (and only if) he's grabbed all the useful info into an extra sturdy hazmat bag. Otherwise we leave him in there for an hour as punishment.

Teebonesy is cheaper and more expendable than an unmanned probe, let's be honest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwollie View Post
    At least it will keep him quiet for a couple of minutes, thats always a good thing....although he'll probably start a 10 page treatment on how being stuck in a door is pain.
    Spoiler Spoiler - Teebonesey's response
    -- ? --

Game Designer of AWESOME! Deviantgeek's Avatar
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 763
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Your First Group 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Deviantgeek

Uhhhh...........Uhhhhhh..........

LBPCentral Spotlight CrewLBPCentral Spotlight Crew shropshirelass's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 36
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    shropshire-lass

LOL! Thanks for sharing that- it definitely deserved wider publication!

I meant more that he might not relish having to produce something on a regular basis and to a deadline. That's different to going off on a frolic of his own when inspiration strikes but I bow to your greater knowledge of the phenomenon that is Teebonesy. I certainly hope you're right, anyway.
    Last edited by shropshirelass; 03-20-2010 at 05:55 PM. Reason: typo

25. Thanks!

Hahahaha, oh wow, Teebonesy for president.

27. Thanks!

PSN
    rtm223
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by shropshirelass View Post
    I meant more that he might not relish having to produce something on a regular basis and to a deadline.
    I tihnk you are probably right, and I certainly wouldn't want to put any pressure on him - he's not a performing monkey after all. Far more a monkey who enjoys playing up once in a while

This should highlight one of the points in the OP, whilst MrsSB did a great job on it, the creator spotlight would work just as well with a completely different style, so people shouldn't be afraid to take it on and make it their own thing, as long as their own thing makes for a good read
    -- ? --

29. Thanks!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast