BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Default Oddworld - Sackboy's Oddyssey

Am I the only one who thinks that LBP 2 would be perfect for an Oddworld remake?

Siggy by LittleBigSackBoy
    [spoileR]Run! Run! Run! Survival[/spoiler]

That was the first thing that came into my head!

That and Lemmings.

Waiting for LBP3 patch !! mistervista's Avatar
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mistervista

Yes I thought that too, especially leading the mudokons to the exit portals. Sackbots and those 'hamster' tubes to suck them up would work really well.
    Sig by Rhyfelwr
    : HOMAGE 1: " Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", Sheriff Sack 2: On the trail of Texas Jack,Pirates Of The Caribbean - Part 1: The Compass and Jack Sparrow, PLASMAVILLE-Winner of Sackcast Gadders Trial , Sheriff Sack: Cleaning up the town of Sackwood.

Oh yes please~
    I love the Oddworld games, still got my originals!

~~

Waiting for LBP3 patch !! mistervista's Avatar
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 195
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    mistervista

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzballFox View Post
    Oh yes please~
    I love the Oddworld games, still got my originals!
    Me too. I've still got Abe's Oddysee and Abe's Exoddus, both of which I completed ages ago. Infact I started playing Oddysee again on the PS3 last week to have a break from LBP but I couldn't even get through the tutorial. It left me wondering how on earth I finished it originally. I guess that's what old age does to you. My reflexes aren't as good as they used to be.
    Sig by Rhyfelwr
    : HOMAGE 1: " Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea", Sheriff Sack 2: On the trail of Texas Jack,Pirates Of The Caribbean - Part 1: The Compass and Jack Sparrow, PLASMAVILLE-Winner of Sackcast Gadders Trial , Sheriff Sack: Cleaning up the town of Sackwood.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 200
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Sunrise-Moon
    Blog Entries

We should do a remake with a LBP spin when LBP 2 comes out! You could have to rescue to sackbots/boys from (insert new villain here)!

Siggy by LittleBigSackBoy
    [spoileR]Run! Run! Run! Survival[/spoiler]

I posted in a thread a while back (can't find it now [edit] Here it is) about how it would be possible to do a gamespeak feature in lbp2 using a sackbot and a dcs. I didn't intend to make an Oddworld level per se, but I thought it might be cool to work a gamespeak system into a level/game. I also pointed out elsewhere that with some clever use of the dcs's remote control option, it may be possible for the player to possess other characters, the way that Abe possessed the sligs and glukkons. Along with sackbots that you can lead to safety (and you can even program them to be depressed or angry until the player consoles them), you could make a pretty darn good Oddworld game.
    Last edited by Sehven; 06-11-2010 at 03:18 AM.

8. Thanks!

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    a_m_08
    Newcastle, England (Land of the geordies :])

If oddworld is made, you have to be able to posess those weird guard things.
    Would be pretty easy (Direct Control) and would just be fun :]

I still have abes oddysee for ps1 and still play it on ps3 I love this whole series, all the characters, the style and story. I have been contemplating making a tribute level to this that isnt awful like all the ones on their right now, but havent gotten around to it yet. Its still a possibility though, id love doing it.
    F4F level- Gangsta life of Detroit 2. http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...e-of-Detroit-2

Actually I wanted to do an Exoddus level because it seems like a fun idea ot make a SoulStorm controllable fart. In fact, I could probably get on it in a couple days when I can get back on!
    The following are placed in order, from most to least complete:

Levels in development: Battle Stickers, Crossing the Bridge, (UNTITLED SPELUNKING GAME), (UNTITLED SURVIVAL GAME)

Items in development: Self-Aware Chip V2 (coming in standard, sackbot, machine compatible, and set emotion editions), Top-down semi-intelligent "Villagers" (complete with roles!), A bunch of fun goodies to be passed out as gifts to friends

Wanna know more? PM me about anything here!