BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GrantosUK View Post
    I can't believe that something I did was shown on screen at Sony's E3 conference Thats a dream come true tonight
    If they only knew you had a 360...
    Time to junk that NAO Grant!

Tarsier Level Designer comphermc's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Overall activity: 0%
    Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nuclearfish View Post
    Yes, another question from me.

So, it took you 27 hours (unless you basically didn't sleep) to make these levels. How long do you think it would have taken to make them in LBP1?
    They are not possible in LBP1. And yeah, many of us didn't sleep - we got the full 27 hours.
    Mm Picks: Roller INC 2 | Wizard: Chapter 1 | LittleBigPrius
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube
    Lbp.me profile: comphermc | LittleBigplanet 2 Create Tutorials: LBPlanetorials

[QUOTE=Nuclearfish;497869]Yes, another question from me.

So, it took you 27 hours (unless you basically didn't sleep) to make these levels. How long do you think it would have taken to make them in LBP1?[/QUOTE

I would say about three hours for ours, as we kept on having to redo everything again and again due to freezing and ended up just using one ps3 and switching between controllers when we need a break. The flying ship couldnt be done in lbp 1 though.
    Last edited by SteveBigGuns; 06-15-2010 at 10:07 PM.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 649
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    PixelParagon
    Blog Entries

Man, if only I wasn't a 13 year old that's not very good at LBP living at Arizona, if those things were different I totally would have gone there.

Quote Originally Posted by comphermc View Post
    They are not possible in LBP1.
    Not even in an extremely logic heavy rubbishy way? :P

The Multi-media drunkard GruntosUK's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    GruntosUK

Yes, another question from me.

So, it took you 27 hours (unless you basically didn't sleep) to make these levels. How long do you think it would have taken to make them in LBP1?
    What I did wouldn't have been possible at all without the tools on LBP2. They are fantastic, we're going to see some mind blowing stuff a couple months after release once everyone gets to grips with them, I've no doubt about that.
    I'm on twitter, Follow me here
    -----------------
    -----------------

Quote Originally Posted by comphermc View Post
    For the fans; rtm is on the right:

...and I have my serious face on.
    I'm not buying into that, you can clearly see that he has no purple on.
    Nice try Comph, but I'm not that easy to fool!

PS: You call that your serious face? I wouldnt have been surprised if Julesyjules suddenly screamed "Beware, there's a Sith Lord in the room..!"
    Last edited by Keldur; 06-15-2010 at 10:10 PM.
    My F4F level: Lafarge's Request (Spotlighted and also MM PICK!!)

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 649
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    PixelParagon
    Blog Entries

So, since there are so many new tools, what would be the equivalent of "crappy LBP1 cool pages levels" on LBP2?

Also, are things such as water featured in the game?

Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

No. Not at all. You'll get more on that tomorrow, but there are new stuffs that open up opportunities not previously possible (clearly!)

But to get at your intended point, even making the old-school stuff is faster, too. Create has been pretty well streamlined, as the people making the game have to build with it themselves.
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube

Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 54
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    piggabling
    Blog Entries

That's so cool! Congrats all you lucky people! It sure sounds like you all had fun!

Pssst. If anyone asks, I was there too. I was taking the pictures...

11. Thanks!

Sackperson Sergeant
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 465
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Syroc
    Blog Entries

So, since there are so many new tools, what would be the equivalent of "crappy LBP1 cools levels levels" on LBP2?
    Don't know. No one of us built a crap level.

Though there was crab in my level. ^.^

13. Thanks!

Sackperson Sergeant
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 465
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    PSN
    Syroc
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arkei View Post

Also, are things such as water featured in the game?
    Yah, everything from LBP1 is in LBP2.

Good read! You guys must have had a blast
    :: PSN: AbstractFlesh ::
    Esmerelda reigns for always and eternity

16. Thanks!

Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,174
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    rtm223
    Blog Entries

I recon that you could pull off really lame, quite unstable and generally not at all fun versions of some of them if you spent a long time working on them in LBP1 and you were very good with your logic and mechanics.

The truth is for most of those vehicle and high-complexity mechanic levels, they are good because you know how difficult they were to create and it blows your mind how much work went in. But if you honestly sit back and be reasonable, they aren't exactly good and the controls are clunky and they just aren't really that great. What grant and jump_button made were amazingly good fun, had great controls and were something you'd play over and over again, without caring what work went into them - same as you would a "proper" game. Oh and I don't think either of them would mind me pointing out their strengths aren't logic and mechanics, their both artists mainly, but they can do awesome custom games now. It's fantastic.
    Last edited by rtm223; 06-15-2010 at 10:15 PM.
    -- ? --

The Multi-media drunkard GruntosUK's Avatar
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 510
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    GruntosUK

Quote Originally Posted by OmegaSlayer View Post
    If they only knew you had a 360...
    Time to junk that NAO Grant!
    To be honest, after seeing LBP2, and seeing MS's conference yesterday, I don't think it's gonna get much use.

It's as good as dead to me
    I'm on twitter, Follow me here
    -----------------
    -----------------

Yup - Microsoft's press conference was very very bad - they kept pausing, expecting people to clap! And in the Sony press conference, the audience was applauding so often they kept cutting the speakers off.

Kinect is an epic failure. LBP2 wins!

My Stuff
    LBP.me
    Moderator of the
    LittleBigPlanet Wiki!
    Feel free to PM me with any questions!

Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 580
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Weretigr
    Blog Entries

I am extremely jealous now! Working for Mm has been my dream job for about a year at least! I have a long way to go though... Perhaps spending more time on one of the many openings I have started on my moon will help...
    Be the one who nurtures and builds. Be the one who has an understanding and a forgiving heart. One who looks for the best in people. Leave people better than you found them.”
    — Marvin J. Ashton

Contact me: @dayneoram

LBPC MINECRAFT SERVER
    198.12.70.37:8123

(May be discontinued.. It's been a while..)

PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Wow, this along with the E3 stuffs has nearly set a record for the most people online here at once! Almost, almost...

All I can think about is how cool it would be to be "a Fly on the wall"

talk about over load.. I can wait to hear all the details.. you guys were so lucky

Quote Originally Posted by rtm223 View Post
    I recon that you could pull off really lame, quite unstable and generally not at all fun versions of some of them if you spent a long time working on them in LBP1 and you were very good with your logic and mechanics.

The truth is for most of those vehicle and high-complexity mechanic levels, they are good because you know how difficult they were to create and it blows your mind how much work went in. But if you honestly sit back and be reasonable, they aren't exactly good and the controls are clunky and they just aren't really that great. What grant and jump_button made were amazingly good fun, had great controls and were something you'd play over and over again, without caring what work went into them - same as you would a "proper" game. Oh and I don't think either of them would mind me pointing out their strengths aren't logic and mechanics, their both artists mainly, but they can do awesome custom games now. It's fantastic.
    Well that's all good to hear!

Kind of a related question - do you think that because it's easier to make really complex levels, there won't be many more mind blowing things we'll see a few months/years after release? I'm guessing it may not be easy to answer having only played it for a day, but I have this fear that it may go the same way as Modnation in making things TOO easy so we won't see much originality after a while.

Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast