BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Media Molecule’s Evans: LBP2 delayed because not all PS3s are connected

“Like LittleBigPlanet, we will be supporting the game with patches, updates and whatever, but you have to realise right from the beginning that there are those people who don’t have online and that is why we decided it was the right decision to delay the game,” Evans said, speaking to Anderson at EG Expo last weekend.

The developer added: “In the end, the main reason for it though was just that we played the game and in the end realised that we had to make the Blu-ray perfect, and I don’t mean 100 percent perfect, but I just mean something we are proud of.

“We respect people don’t have online and don’t want to patch their game to get the full experience. We could have shipped it and it would have been fine, however we realised that with just a couple of extra week’s we could make the game super amazing, adding the super onto the already amazing which exists today. This is something that will live forever and the delay, people will forget about.

“I’m really sorry the delay frustrated people, even us, I mean I really wanted to get this game out for Christmas so hard. We pushed ourselves but realised with just a few more weeks we could make it perfect.”
    Discuss.

http://www.vg247.com/2010/10/05/medi...are-connected/
    Levels
    LBP2 My Music
    LBP1 Journey to the Temple - Part I
    Note: I am not as active as I once was in LBP2, but will be available here and on PSN if you'd like to reach out!
    Quote Originally Posted by schm0 View Post
    This message has been brought to you by the Coalition for Rational and Calm Behavior

Hi there, take a seat. TheAffected's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Overall activity: 0%

PSN
    TheAffected

Perfectly good reason for me.
    This just means from the start we get a game that is super amazing that can still get better.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 577

PSN
    Foofles

This is the correct production mentality.
    PSN / LBP.me: Foofles I participate in F4F!
    All my LBP1 levels can only be played from LBP1.

Check out my Youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/MrFoofles , Includes LBP2 related videos

Also Checkout my blog for all kinds of crazy adventures (am beginning to get more active in this): http://foofles.blogspot.com/

That makes sense. I was expecting a dog ate the hardware excuse from Sony
    Glad to see MM caring about everyone!

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 133
    7 days registered 30 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    VincentVendetta

But seriously, good for them. Takes us back to when games didn't need updates to be awesome.

If this was Sonic 06, this game would've been released last year.

I'm glad they're aware the game needs work. I'm also happy they were kind enough to give us the news.

Most videogame companies wouldn't of said anything at all and release a terrible, unpolished turd.

Go MM! Make us proud!

7. Thanks!

Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 461
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    robotiod
    Blog Entries

and that is good, too many developers don't give themselves the time any more, although the ability to improve console games through patches is a good thing it has made developers lazy and release broken games.

The only game I know that released to the developers content is FF13, however I think that could do with a patch to reduce screen tear but that's about it.

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Overall activity: 5.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Rustbukkit

Nice to get some clarity on the actual reason. No need for speculation anymore I guess. Good on ya' Mm... and thanks!
    Take your copy of LBP3, put it back in it's case, wrap it up in some nice holiday paper, and stick it under your tree in hopes it will be fixed and playable by Christmas morning.

DEVS - If you want to know what's wrong with your game why don't you just throw a copy in your machines and play it? Just a thought.

*End Transmisson*

Son of a...
    Actually...I'm ok with that.

Personally, I wish more game makers would take the same route. If a game isn't ready and you need a patch to make it "right" then it should not get released. i have several friends that do not have online with their consoles and this directly effects them. Not to mention that needing a patch on day 1, to me, is pretty unprofessional.
    Dizzy Wheel Survival Challenge (Cool Levels!) - Dark Water Chapter 1 (Cool Levels!) - Dark Water Chapter 2

I broadcast on JustinTV as well if you are looking for people to play with or if you're just bored! http://gaming.justin.tv/rsqviper

And follow me on TWITTER to see when I'm broadcasting sweet games (like LBP2!)

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 548
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    plasmavore
    Blog Entries

Mm have the right mindset!

Viva l'Mm!
    I finally got a new PS3, so I should be fairly active around here again! I missed you all!

13. Thanks!

Ok that makes a lot of scene and for the truth im happy that media molecule delayed the game. Whats the points on creating a game that you are not happy with, make it better is what I say. Well thanks for the info that really help.

Also I think MM should have done the same kind of message with the LBP2 beta because many people were like "what is active?" lol

Well thanks media molecule we all will be looking forward until the game comes out, the bad thing is wend Nov 16 come we are all going to be a little strange and you know why.

Plus here is another part of the info.
    “disappointing,” but that it’s “key” to replicate the quality MM achieved with the original LBP.
    Last edited by Arnald23; 10-05-2010 at 05:05 PM.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 519
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    XFrogBoyX
    Blog Entries

It's nice to know why it was LBP2 was delayed, thanks Schm0!

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 393
    Recommendation Second Class 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    ghik16
    Blog Entries

Glad for MM to do this!
    ---
    PSN: ghik16
    LBP2 level up finally! Here go Japanese Dreaming

Got LBP CE for PSP too! But my PSN there is: poulweile -
    Miss MM levels? TRY! : The Gardens PSP or up for a revisit in Spyro the Dragon universe? TRY: Molten Crater

Needs to play LBP2 again. kirbyman62's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Recommendation Second Class 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    kirbyman62
    Blog Entries

I thought it ment becuase people wouldn't get the online levels and Sony or someone were going to make some promotional campain to get people on (like the Candle one )

Didn't think about updates and what not

As Shigeru Mayamoto once said, "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." But of course LittleBigPlanet 2 is not a bad game by any means, but there certainly seem to be some bugs in its current state that, should LBP2 be released now, could affect non-internet users forever.
    Quote Originally Posted by LunarWings13137
    I had no glitches in China, but Japan is very glitchy.

20. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdance22 View Post
    As Shigeru Mayamoto once said, "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." But of course LittleBigPlanet 2 is not a bad game by any means, but there certainly seem to be some bugs in its current state that, should LBP2 be released now, could affect non-internet users forever.

Heh.. I just realised that classic Miyamoto quote is no longer entirely true, because these days a bad game could be fixed with patches.

It's more like "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game will probably stay bad, but may eventually become good, although it'll probably happen too late and everyone will have written it off"

anyways, I'm glad MM made the right choice and held LBP2 back until they were happy with it. I bet we all wish more developers (or more accurately, publishers) would allow their games enough time to be top-quality products on the day of release.

22. Thanks!

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 597
    Your First Group 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    YEAH_NAH
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RSQViper View Post
    Personally, I wish more game makers would take the same route. If a game isn't ready and you need a patch to make it "right" then it should not get released. i have several friends that do not have online with their consoles and this directly effects them. Not to mention that needing a patch on day 1, to me, is pretty unprofessional.
    That "patch" on day 1 is acually "installing" the base game, so it can be updated in the future
    awesome sig by huntedstorm
    Come, raise money for the research for a cure at the "Naux Glitch Research Facility"
    and help those little fellas.

Spoiler Spoiler - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by RockSauron View Post
    Love is an abstract concept created by carbon based life forms to formulate a reason for their primal urges.
    It means nothing. NOTHING MUHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by YEAH_NAH View Post
    That "patch" on day 1 is acually "installing" the base game, so it can be updated in the future
    Not quite..
    I believe you are confuing day 1 patches with initial game installs.

Day 1 patches are the cause of time between publishing (making the disks, shipping, etc.) and release. Spmetimes the publishing time is long enough for them to already fix more issues.
    Last edited by Fishrock123; 10-07-2010 at 03:32 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast