BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Also - LOVE the fact you can snap when rotating objects. Every level I make seems to involve circles of some kind with objects around it at precise angles and distances. Life will be so much easier!

Sackperson Demagogue Incinerator22's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,161
    Overall activity: 0%
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Incinerator22
    Blog Entries

Aren't they Direct Control Seats, not chairs? Not a big deal but people have already started calling them dcs's.

Yeah, and mind = blown.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    rtm223
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arkei View Post
    Hold on, is it possible to map an analog stick to a bolt, as in so that the attatched object will point in the direction you flick the analog stick?
    Ummmm, I'm not sure. Probably. If not, you could definitely hack it using a loose bolt, a mover and a magic joystick, but I doubt that would be required.
    -- ? --

Thanks very much for this guys! You rock!

Wow it's like everything we could ask for! The improvements are huge... I can't wait now!

Ok I have a question, and sorry in advance if it is mentionned in the OP, in a way or another, but maybe I missed it...

By default, in create mode, does all the objects and shapes still affected by the gravity, like in LBP1?

What I mean is, do we still need to use dark matter to immobilize stuff?
    Or is there a kind of static/dynamic option like the PSP version or something else?
    [FONT="Arial"]Online Pod : www.dajdaj03lbp.weebly.com

Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Incinerator22
    Blog Entries

Whatever happened to forums sending questions to MM?

Quote Originally Posted by dajdaj03 View Post
    Thanks very much for this guys! You rock!

Wow it's like everything we could ask for! The improvements are huge... I can't wait now!

Ok I have a question, and sorry in advance if it is mentionned in the OP, in a way or another, but maybe I missed it...

By default, in create mode, does all the objects and shapes still affected by the gravity, like in LBP1?

What I mean is, do we still need to use dark matter to immobilize stuff?
    Or is there a kind of static/dynamic option like the PSP version or something else?
    I think there is still dark matter, because LBP1 levels will be seen in LBP2, and I don't think it would work right with some levels with DM and some not.

Sorry for answering something that wasn't for me.

7. Thanks!

Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    rtm223
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Incinerator22 View Post
    Whatever happened to forums sending questions to MM?
    Dig out the list of questions, we'll see if any of them are still worthwhile

There is still DM, and I don't actually think there is a static tweak on materials.
    -- ? --

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 273
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    napero7
    Blog Entries

Even if they would have a static tweak, they shouldn't ditch dark matter, logic just doesn't look right on the PSP... I like dark matter

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 343
    Overall activity: 17.0%
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    PixelParagon
    Blog Entries

Hmm, I have an idea. You control a sackbot with a cannon on its head, and an inventory on its back. The cannon shoots out a simple grabber-thingy. When the grabber touches an object, it will add that object to the inventory. When the inventory is full (this is shown on the HUD), you have the option to either heal another sackbot who took damage, or fire the object back at enemies. Would this even be possible? Because I have a very awesome idea that it could be used for.

Also, I think it would make sense to have both DM and static/dynamic options, so that it wouldn't break original levels, and it would make it easier for LBP2 users.
    Last edited by Arkei; 06-15-2010 at 11:54 PM.

Just thought of something none of you have mentioned at all!

Did you get to see anything to do with linking levels together?

EDIT: Basically what Teebonesy has asked below, but in much more detail than I did.

Amazing. I can totally understand now what you guys went through when you sat in that room getting the tour from the Molecules and being tasked with creating something. Where do you BEGIN? There's so much to see and do and tinker with.

I'm still intensely curious as to how a cross-level series would work like an rpg, in terms of carrying over info between and among levels. If you're going to do a proper rpg, spanning many canvases, and have an XP/level-up system, you're going to need some way to carry over your data between levels. Right now you'd have to do something like create a separate sticker for each level, and emit it for the player just before the scoreboard so they can sticker it first-thing on a switch at the beginning of every single level in the "RPG". Not ideal to be sure... Any ideas or info on this?
    Six Teeby Levels

A Very Sony Christmas.........The Movies.........Fear and the Phantom Town
    .........City on the Sea.........The Legend of the Deep One .........The Electric Banana Peeler Factory

Mm doesn't point out that you can build FPS's, layer glitch or not. With movers and all that neat stuff, I'd imagine that it would be a lot easier.

That's a great question Teebonesy and not one easily answered. As far as I know I don't think you'll be able to transfer data between levels. Could be in the works but we didn't see anything like that. I wouldn't put it past the community to come up with a clever solution to it though.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 290
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    moleynator
    Blog Entries

Can you use more than one powerup at a time? Such as using a jetpack and an emitting helmet thing? Would make for some awesome gameplay! I think I know the answer is no, but it is worth asking I guess... right?

I am totally overwhelmed by all this stuff. Too much is going on in my life at the moment! First I get a message from machinima saying they want to hire me (Us... Sackinima. ) and now all this excitingly beastly stuff!

PSN
    rtm223
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by warlord_evil View Post
    Mm doesn't point out that you can build FPS's, layer glitch or not. With movers and all that neat stuff, I'd imagine that it would be a lot easier.
    You're stuck in the three layers though... your enemies are going to be like looking at three cylinders of material, so it's not really going to be all that good to create a TRUE fps, rather than something that has a gun and a first person perspective.
    -- ? --

Tarsier Level Designer comphermc's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,725
    Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rtm223 View Post
    Ummmm, I'm not sure. Probably. If not, you could definitely hack it using a loose bolt, a mover and a magic joystick, but I doubt that would be required.
    Analog Stick > Bolt. Done.
    Mm Picks: Roller INC 2 | Wizard: Chapter 1 | LittleBigPrius
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube
    Lbp.me profile: comphermc | LittleBigplanet 2 Create Tutorials: LBPlanetorials

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 519
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    The_Killian

Thanks a lot guys! Loving that they built for loops and Math.random() into the logic.

The camera can be rotated in the plane of the screen, so the view can be turned on its side or even completely upside down. This can also be controlled by having the camera on a rotating object (i.e. a vehicle or similar).
    The first thing I tried in the original LBP beta was attaching a camera to a rotating wheel to see if I could make an upside down level.

Would anyone who attended be able to tell me if you can use direct control seats to somehow control a user's Sackperson? I'm presuming you could just create a Sackbot with the standard Sackperson measurements/look and use it from the start of the level, but it would be nice to be able to control each person's unique character.

Quote Originally Posted by warlord_evil View Post
    Actually, FPS is probably one of the things you can't do, according to MM about five minutes into this video.

PSN
    Incinerator22
    Blog Entries

What about backgrounds? Didn't the E3 video have a moving background that looked a little like a spinning retro Saturn, or was that user-created? How refurbished will the old backgrounds be?

PSN
    rtm223
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by comphermc View Post
    Analog Stick > Bolt. Done.
    Nope, that would make it turn left or right, not point in the direction of the analogue stick. You need the magic joystick either way I think.
    -- ? --

Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast