BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Sackboy And The Demantoid Crystal (part1/2)

Hello everyone I just finish creating a new level call Sackbay And The Demantoid Crystal this level is base on a series is about a scientist that has been researching the Demantoid Crystal for 10 years and many legend about the crystal has been showing up near a active volcano. The scientist locates the crystal inside the volcano were he meets a volcanic refuge name Alex a survivor that has been away from civilization for 10 years he tells the scientist to go and find the Demantoid Crystal and take it far away from the volcano. The legend foretold that if you spend to long with the crystal for start going crazy. The scientist agree to take the crystal far away from the volcano. Will the scientist uncover the mystery of the Demantoid Crystal....

Contribution to the level Javi_haguse and Koga2400

Part 2 coming soon...

Here are some cool pics of the level

Opening of the Level.
    [/div]

Does he look similar

Temple

Levels logic

The new Underwater Puzzle

Hey guys thanks to GreyMRP she recored my level thanks Grey you are the best

Hey everyone I did some major renovation to the level all the grammar is fix and the puzzle I deleted it and created a new one this one is much better I will post the pic of the new puzzle soon.

The puzzle is now.
    • Easy to understand.
    • You don't have to do a lot of work.
    • The underwater lighting is also fix.
    • Finally the puzzle is pretty nice and fun to play.

Hey guys thanks to Memodrix he recored my level but the new vision on it!

I wound like to thank dTOtheTEE for helping me fix the grammar of the level

Also I wound like to thanks GreyMRP and Memodrix for recording my level!

Last edited by Arnald23; 01-01-2011 at 11:06 PM.

ooh i have to check this out!

3. Thanks!

Looks and sounds interesting! I'll be sure to give it a try!

5. Thanks!

Talking

GOOD
    • Cool theme and use of music!
    • The falling rocks next to the bridge was a great mood setter!
    • I LOVE when things you are riding, grabbing break as part of the level!
    • Really neat scene when you pull the lever and the building rises!

Needs Work
    • Broken obstacles. I came across a bridge that was broken in a way that I think i twas supposed to snap when I got on it, but with the water going up and down super-fast I think it broke itself.
    • Very in-obvious obstacle solutions. Lots of trial-and-error instead of being able to use thought into what to do. Maybe work a little on marking areas of puzzles so it still requires thought, but so it makes sense, too.

Questions
    Is the area with the two bubble emitters, how are you actually supposed to get past that part? I used a bubble emitter on the back plane to get past the area by going behind the rocks. I think I was supposed to combine them in some way?

Grammar
    At the end they call him "theft," it should be "thief." The first guy was full of grammatical errors as well, but I figured it was because he was going crazy or something.

Overall
    An adventure level with some obstacles to get around and figure out and a great theme to be inside of. Worth playing for sure!

Score
    8/10!

F4F: Please play and review Dark Water chapter 1 in my signature.
    Dizzy Wheel Survival Challenge (Cool Levels!) - Dark Water Chapter 1 (Cool Levels!) - Dark Water Chapter 2

I broadcast on JustinTV as well if you are looking for people to play with or if you're just bored! http://gaming.justin.tv/rsqviper

And follow me on TWITTER to see when I'm broadcasting sweet games (like LBP2!)

7. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by RSQViper View Post
    GOOD
    • Cool theme and use of music!
    • The falling rocks next to the bridge was a great mood setter!
    • I LOVE when things you are riding, grabbing break as part of the level!
    • Really neat scene when you pull the lever and the building rises!

Needs Work
    • Broken obstacles. I came across a bridge that was broken in a way that I think i twas supposed to snap when I got on it, but with the water going up and down super-fast I think it broke itself.
    • Very in-obvious obstacle solutions. Lots of trial-and-error instead of being able to use thought into what to do. Maybe work a little on marking areas of puzzles so it still requires thought, but so it makes sense, too.

Questions
    Is the area with the two bubble emitters, how are you actually supposed to get past that part? I used a bubble emitter on the back plane to get past the area by going behind the rocks. I think I was supposed to combine them in some way?

Grammar
    At the end they call him "theft," it should be "thief." The first guy was full of grammatical errors as well, but I figured it was because he was going crazy or something.

Overall
    An adventure level with some obstacles to get around and figure out and a great theme to be inside of. Worth playing for sure!

Score
    8/10!

F4F: Please play and review Dark Water chapter 1 in my signature.
    Thanks 4 the feedback for all your question hear are the answers

Broken obstacles. I came across a bridge that was broken in a way that I think i twas supposed to snap when I got on it, but with the water going up and down super-fast I think it broke itself.
    answer: that bridge is meant to be broken the water had nothing to do with it. It was my idea to create that

answer: That part of the level still has some bugs but if you really want to know how to past it here it is ( you have to grave the 2 rocks that are emitting bubble and put then in the 2 small volcano's in the bottom they both have different layers so yea. Once you have done that you just have to wait 5 secs and the rock way will explode then you keep going. I will fix that and leave you guys some hits in the level )

answer:I just notice I spell thief wrong lol I will fix that. Also with the first guy that one I did it on purpose I now I did grammar errors on that one because you are right he is going crazy you will see what happens to him in part 2

thanks again

The level is really great with a good theme

10. Thanks!

Thanks 4 the comment Kill_Joy

Nope! It's Chuck Testa Gilgamesh's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Jirugameshi
    Blog Entries

Very cool level. I like the visual design and use of lighting and effects. The custom pull-switches in the castle area were also a very nice touch.

I would suggest making the underwater puzzle more obvious (maybe having some kind of faint glow that is color-coded between the rock piece and the volcano, and having an audible success sound when you place one). I managed to figure it out on my own partly by luck, but I know many people won't be able to solve it. I also had a bit of trouble getting on top of the castle using the first set of winches. They seem to stop a little bit too short and should go up slightly higher.

I thought the beginning area seemed a little bit barren gameplay-wise. While there is an interesting decor in the background, there's very little to do other than run right for several screens since there are no obstacles to avoid or point bubbles to reach.

Looking forward to the 2nd part. Gave this and a .

Midnight Revenge

SackMech II
    Training

SackMech I
    Trailer | Mission 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

13. Thanks!

Thanks 4 your kind words Gilgamesh also your suggestion about creating a faint glow that is color-coded between the rock piece and the volcano doesn't sound bad at all like that I dont have to put speech bubble in that area. Thanks 4 that suggestion I will work on that today.

Thanks again

Very nice Arnaldo...

Graphics and layout is excellent.

The Rock slide was way cool.

I really liked the way you had the back wall moving as well.

The water....I got stuck there.
    I tried grabbing everything I could and all I could actually grab and move was one of the top bubble makers.
    There was something on the lower right I could grab but I couldn't move it and don't know what it was.
    So I tried that water section for over half an hour and finally had to quit.
    I had read the previous posts first too and kind of knew what I was supposed to do and still couldn't get it done.

Ted
    My Latest LBP2 Levels:
    The Fast And The Frustrated http://lbp.me/v/d577t0
    Olympic Blue Steel Platformer http://lbp.me/v/dbc2er
    Platforming With No Cake http://lbp.me/v/b61qr7
    The Blue And The Gray Platformer http://lbp.me/v/650etm
    Bank Vault Lock Box (demo) http://lbp.me/v/6zgdy6
    Wood-N-What-Knot http://lbp.me/v/z2ne49

16. Thanks!

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 567
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    XFrogBoyX
    Blog Entries

This looks very cool, I'll try this out sometime!
    Tan is banned from both the LBPC Server and the LBplanetarium Server, Hahahahahhahahhaha!!!!!

18. Thanks!

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Overall activity: 9.0%
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    JustinArt
    Blog Entries

Hey Arnaldo17.

That's a really cool level you made. The environmental design is awesome and the gameplay is good. Although the underwater part where you put the 2 stones on a mountain needs a little more work as the stones with the air bubble needs something that really looks like a rock and there should be something like a lighting on a mountain that you need to put a rock on. Overall, I gave it 5 stars.

Think you can F4F "The Hero Chronicles LV4" as soon as I publish it?

20. Thanks!

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 567
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    XFrogBoyX
    Blog Entries

Hi-

I played this and I had a lot of fun, the visuals were nice and I am very happy with the materials that you chose to use. Some areas reminded me a bit of Javi_Haguse's level, Security Breach. The only problem that I had was that in the area where you had to drag the volcano rocks; I was very confused on what I was supposed to do. Overall, very fun level though.

I rated the level .
    Tan is banned from both the LBPC Server and the LBplanetarium Server, Hahahahahhahahhaha!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by X-FROGBOY-X View Post
    Hi-

I played this and I had a lot of fun, the visuals were nice and I am very happy with the materials that you chose to use. Some areas reminded me a bit of Javi_Haguse's level, Security Breach. The only problem that I had was that in the area where you had to drag the volcano rocks; I was very confused on what I was supposed to do. Overall, very fun level though.

I rated the level .
    Thanks 4 the comment dude and yes some parts of the level look like Javi_Haguse's level, Security Breach because he help me created it

Also many people have been getting stuck in that area so I fix it I put some speech bubble in it and it will make it easier.

thanks 4 you comment again

Well I finally got through the water.
    It still isn't clear where to put the stones, and it is really hard to tell that they are stones.
    I think a little more noticeable stone and a more obvious place to put them would help a lot.
    I did get through, but I still couldn't tell anyone where to put the bubble stones.
    I just drug them around until I finally got out.

But other than that it is an excellent level.

I gave it 4 stars.

Keep up the great work.

Ted
    My Latest LBP2 Levels:
    The Fast And The Frustrated http://lbp.me/v/d577t0
    Olympic Blue Steel Platformer http://lbp.me/v/dbc2er
    Platforming With No Cake http://lbp.me/v/b61qr7
    The Blue And The Gray Platformer http://lbp.me/v/650etm
    Bank Vault Lock Box (demo) http://lbp.me/v/6zgdy6
    Wood-N-What-Knot http://lbp.me/v/z2ne49

24. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Muskwa_1 View Post
    Well I finally got through the water.
    It still isn't clear where to put the stones, and it is really hard to tell that they are stones.
    I think a little more noticeable stone and a more obvious place to put them would help a lot.
    I did get through, but I still couldn't tell anyone where to put the bubble stones.
    I just drug them around until I finally got out.

But other than that it is an excellent level.

I gave it 4 stars.

Keep up the great work.

Ted
    ok dude thanks 4 the suggestion I will see what I can do because That part of the level is not perfected and the rocks I wish I can change them but I cant because.

water+real rocks= no grabbing and it will sink to the bottom.

water+fake dissolable material rocks= floating but it doesn't look like rocks

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 445
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    schm078

I'd have to agree with nearly everyone in this thread... I really enjoyed the visual design of the level, the characters were well done, but I got a bit confused on the "drag the rocks down" to switch planes part. I think the "the tanks are explosive" part threw me off. I was trying to stay away from the area rather than actually drag the thing down.

I liked the lighting, it was pretty well done! The rising tower was pretty neat, as were your custom switches. A very unique design!

Another part that could really boost your level is to make sure you fix all the typos, and use proper grammar. It's not that I couldn't understand what you were writing, but it could use some work.

Overall, though, a pretty darn good level! Looking forward to part II.
    Levels
    LBP2 My Music
    LBP1 Journey to the Temple - Part I
    Note: I am not as active as I once was in LBP2, but will be available here and on PSN if you'd like to reach out!
    Quote Originally Posted by schm0 View Post
    This message has been brought to you by the Coalition for Rational and Calm Behavior

27. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by schm0 View Post
    I'd have to agree with nearly everyone in this thread... I really enjoyed the visual design of the level, the characters were well done, but I got a bit confused on the "drag the rocks down" to switch planes part. I think the "the tanks are explosive" part threw me off. I was trying to stay away from the area rather than actually drag the thing down.

I liked the lighting, it was pretty well done! The rising tower was pretty neat, as were your custom switches. A very unique design!

Another part that could really boost your level is to make sure you fix all the typos, and use proper grammar. It's not that I couldn't understand what you were writing, but it could use some work.

Overall, though, a pretty darn good level! Looking forward to part II.
    ok Thanks 4 the comment dude but I dont know what ease I can do with my puzzle I tried everything to fix it but still you guys get confuse. I Will try my best to fix all the problem with the level. Also dude the grammar in the level I did it on purpose I know that you guys notice the grammar problem but that is because the Demantoid Crystal is driving everyone in the volcano crazy, I dont want to say anything else because I will spoil part 2 of the level. The next part of the level will have grammar problems I am doing it on purpose

I have completed your level and here is my opinion:

Graphics: It was a pleasure being in this level. Level's design was indeed impressive and artistic. The falling rocks were a nice touch as well as the hidden temple.
    Gameplay: While it was enjoyable, some parts felt less action-packed like others. However, since this level is more of a treasure-hunter experience, it seems reasonable. The level could have been longer though.
    Story: You did take your time and actually thought of the story, can't wait to see what happens next in 2nd part
    My favourite part: Climbing and entering the temple
    Least favourite part: Underwater part, even though I was informed about that part, I still managed to fail lol.

My Overall rating: 4.5/5
    Great job!

30. Thanks!

Those images look smokin', I might have to give this one a go. The characters and shapes look really cool, and the cracks of lava already look as if they add atmosphere. Might be a while before I can give this a go, but this looks to be a great effort, nice job!

My Stuff
    LBP.me
    Moderator of the
    LittleBigPlanet Wiki!
    Feel free to PM me with any questions!

32. Thanks!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast