BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Garden of Goodies

Current prizes are:-

• Four varieties of plasmafied material.
    • Theck and thack material.
    • Thin, theck and thack gas.
    • Seven materials with unique textures.
    • 22 property variations on all story materials including walkthrough, static grabbable, and gas glasses.

Notes:-

• All prizes have no ownership information attached, so the first time you recapture them, it will be as if you had created them.
    • All material samples are fully editable.
    • All material samples are also smearable, with the exception of the "Cardboard Sponge", and the "Lipped Grey Rusty Metal" (which are not possible to make smearable as far as I'm aware).
    • When dealing with the material palettes, in order to make the samples smearable, you must first detach and delete the Dark Matter blackplate. In fact, detaching and deleting any one of the samples will also work.
    • I've tried to name all the prizes where possible, but in the cases of the "Carboard Sponge", "Lipped Grey Rusty Metal", and the material palettes, it would seem that giving them a name causes them to become uneditable when distributed. If you want to name then, just place them, recapture and name.

I'm deliciouse! Littlebigdude805's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    littlebigdude805
    Blog Entries

oooo ill check it out sounds useful *erases community objects*

by Chump

NEW LEVELS:http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...%29-%282-4P%29
    F4F levels:
    Currently working on:

Sack
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 83
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    jwiikd

OMG. Thank you so much!
    I've been trying to find grab-able cardboard forever!

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 103
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Ungreth

How about providing a block of invisible DM? Most experienced creators can make their own easily enough, but it would be useful for inexperienced creators to have a ready made, pull-out-of-your-poppit chunk of it. You should include all the hazzards in invisible form too, ie: invisible fire, invisible electric, etc.

And editable lava material would be useful to a lot of people too I think.

5. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ungreth View Post
    How about providing a block of invisible DM? Most experienced creators can make their own easily enough, but it would be useful for inexperienced creators to have a ready made, pull-out-of-your-poppit chunk of it. You should include all the hazzards in invisible form too, ie: invisible fire, invisible electric, etc.
    The original idea was to limit it to glitches which can no longer be reproduced, although I've tried to avoid using the word "glitch" as it has somewhat negative connotations. I often wonder if the "cow glitch" had instead been named something less negative like the "material properties adjustment technique" that MM might not have patched it.

I've kinda broken that rule by including a couple of things which are pretty easy to get in the current version, so I guess I could add in invisible stuff. Thing is, it's kinda awkward to work with - has to be box selected, and can only be corner edited when it's visible IIRC, so you kinda need it on the cusp of becoming invisible for it to be of much use.

And editable lava material would be useful to a lot of people too I think.
    That's already in there.

My next goal is to get the remaining cow glitch materials in there, as those are more frequently requested than anything else.

There were also a couple of things I held back, such as my small collection of gas glasses, the tweakable MGS laser, and the special emitters, but all except the gas glasses are easy enough to get in the current version.

7. Thanks!

7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    Ungreth

^ I've got a poppit packed with various invisible materials I've made. If you like I can rejig stuff so its "on the cusp" and then send you some bits and bobs for inclusion, which should free up your time to concentrate on the rest of it.

9. Thanks!

I've got a poppit packed with various invisible materials I've made. If you like I can rejig stuff so its "on the cusp" and then send you some bits and bobs for inclusion, which should free up your time to concentrate on the rest of it.
    Not sure yet. I was thinking it might be better to just include a tutorial on how to make them, rather than adding them in. I also wanted to add in some tutorials on stenciling, and overlaying materials with emitters, which I use in the level, but don't explain how they're done.

Thing is, these are the sorts of things which people can look up online if they want to know, but most of the current prizes are a bit more difficult to make, as they require you to roll back your LBP version, which can be somewhat daunting if you've never done it before.

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 904
    PSN
    piggabling
    Blog Entries

Cool! Sounds helpful! I definitely need invisible materials though... I don't know how to make them. Kinda pathetic considering how long I've been around here :/

PSN
    Ungreth

Quote Originally Posted by piggabling View Post
    Cool! Sounds helpful! I definitely need invisible materials though... I don't know how to make them. Kinda pathetic considering how long I've been around here :/
    Feel welcome to add me, then I can either donate you some invisibles or give you a tutorial in online create if you want to learn how to make your own.

13. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by piggabling View Post
    Incinerator's guide explains it fairly well.

The trick is to know that resizing a material with the right analog stick also resizes the bumpmap, but resizing a material by cutting/extending/corner editing doesn't. When the bumpmap becomes very small, it becomes invisible, and when it gets very large, you get a mirror effect. If you make it too large, it can crash the PS3.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 605
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    BabyDoll1970
    Blog Entries

Hi Aya. I managed to have a go at this last night. It was quite amazing, because I have no skill with logic.. well, I'm okay, but anyhow, here are some thoughts from the point of view of a non-tech-head. But my kids and I were ooohing and ahhing over the cleverness of the glitches/goodies.

Visually it was nice and simple. Nothing too out of the ordinary but it had the familiar (now almost retro) feel of the Mm intro levels, which was appropriate and lends it a kind of authenticity. As far as the "goodies" go.. brilliant!! Thanks so much!!

I did have to re-read a couple of explanations (like the theck and thack), but having them all there to experiment with was ideal. I have to say I was a bit confused with the final table of 192 materials (or however many there were). I was confused as to what you meant by "row" - whether it was the row or the column - and it really wasn't until I opened it up in create mode that I got what you were talking about in terms of how it was organised. I understood that you could make materials that respond like others, but it's a very well organised tool and you should maybe highlight that with some pictures or a diagram or something, for folks like me? I couldn't figure out what the lava-glitched materials did or how they were supposed to respond, but I'm sure I'll sus that out in create mode. I couldn't figure out the car's logic, even though it was there to see. I was pretty tired mind you, so will go back and have another look. My kids asked what "smearable" meant. I'd never heard the term myself, but understood what it meant and explained it to them. Other kids or new creators might have that same issue, perhaps?

It wasn't until I read rtm's comments above that I understood exactly what I was seeing with the in and out section. So to the novice, that will not be clear. In retrospect it's a very clever way to demonstrate it. i just didn't get it at the time. Maybe a little bit of explanation there?

Anyhow, I am (or was) the #1 score Go me! Nice idea to have points in there. All in all, a brilliant level with the goodies generally well explained and clearly demonstrated (except for those I mentioned, but to others it's probably quite obvious). I will definitely enjoy using your cleverness Thanks again.

Got unwanted pics uploaded onto your level? Then contact the GRIEF RELIEF TEAM!! Bringing relief to uploaded grief!

Showcase: The Art Vandals! and Workin' for the Psycho Granny(Cool Levels)

16. Thanks!

Awesome feedback. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by BabyDoll1970 View Post
    It was quite amazing, because I have no skill with logic..
    Surprisingly, with the exception of the visible logic on the car, there's hardly any logic in the entire level.

it had the familiar (now almost retro) feel of the Mm intro levels, which was appropriate and lends it a kind of authenticity.
    That was only semi-deliberate. I'd originally envisaged a style more similar to the logic pack levels, but it was taking so long as I'm such an accomplished procrastinator, I ditched that idea, and went with something much simpler instead.

I did have to re-read a couple of explanations (like the theck and thack), but having them all there to experiment with was ideal.
    Sure. I was really trying to avoid having too much mouth text, and making it too long, as I didn't want it to be too patronizing for the more experienced creators, but I think it possibly ended up being a little too terse in places, so I might add in areas which branch off, and go into more detail about some aspects.

I have to say I was a bit confused with the final table of 192 materials (or however many there were). I was confused as to what you meant by "row" - whether it was the row or the column - and it really wasn't until I opened it up in create mode that I got what you were talking about in terms of how it was organised.
    Yeah. I kinda rushed that part, I had a few ideas about that which I could still add in, but I had a few people (mostly Matt) nagging me to hurry up and finish it, so I did.

I understood that you could make materials that respond like others, but it's a very well organised tool and you should maybe highlight that with some pictures or a diagram or something, for folks like me?
    Actually, Rich said something similar, i.e. that there should be some text labels on the matrix to explain what each row is.

I couldn't figure out what the lava-glitched materials did or how they were supposed to respond, but I'm sure I'll sus that out in create mode.
    For some strange reason, although lava has a wooden impact sound, if you cow-glitch it, it has no impact sound. Not useful in many situations, but the idea was to have a version for every possible set of material properties.

I couldn't figure out the car's logic, even though it was there to see. I was pretty tired mind you, so will go back and have another look.
    How the logic works wasn't really that important - the reason for leaving it visible is so you could see it wasn't a cheat.

My kids asked what "smearable" meant. I'd never heard the term myself, but understood what it meant and explained it to them. Other kids or new creators might have that same issue, perhaps?
    Good point. Might be able to add that in to the planned stenciling tutorial.

It wasn't until I read rtm's comments above that I understood exactly what I was seeing with the in and out section. So to the novice, that will not be clear. In retrospect it's a very clever way to demonstrate it. i just didn't get it at the time. Maybe a little bit of explanation there?
    I was thinking of just putting a visible mag key onto each piece of gas, so you can see what's going on.

Anyhow, I am (or was) the #1 score
    I think you still are.

I'm a little surprised you didn't mention the part which I thought would be the most confusing, which was embedding a solid material inside a 'walkthru' material to make stairs which you can walk up without jumping, or using it to create secret tunnels in seemingly solid objects. I really need to explain that better.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 605
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    BabyDoll1970
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aya042 View Post
    Surprisingly, with the exception of the visible logic on the car, there's hardly any logic in the entire level.
    Well there you go - in my ignorance I assumed that being able to glitch all these materials was considered "logic". lol.. Don't mind me

Actually, Rich said something similar, i.e. that there should be some text labels on the matrix to explain what each row is.
    Or even a picture as you likely won't see the writing until you open it up in create mode as it's so small. Maybe you could actually put a grid in the level with arrows and text. Or people can just wait and check it out in create.

How the logic works wasn't really that important - the reason for leaving it visible is so you could see it wasn't a cheat.
    Yeah, I figured that, but it looked so complex I felt the need to try and understand it out of respect..lol!

I was thinking of just putting a visible mag key onto each piece of gas, so you can see what's going on.
    To be honest, I'm not sure that alone will be enough. Maybe if you had something in the layer immediately in front of the In Out building that people had to try and grab, but couldn't because of being diverted by the gas, they might appreciate its application more fully. Of course that would affect your car a bit perhaps...

I'm a little surprised you didn't mention the part which I thought would be the most confusing, which was embedding a solid material inside a 'walkthru' material to make stairs which you can walk up without jumping, or using it to create secret tunnels in seemingly solid objects. I really need to explain that better.
    Actually, I forgot about that part! Yes, more clarification there on the hows, please! We were just enjoying going up and down and how much it looked like my sackgirl was actually stepping on the steps. But your idea of branching off for further explanation on all aspects is a really good one and would avoid the need to dumb it down for the more advanced creators.

Got unwanted pics uploaded onto your level? Then contact the GRIEF RELIEF TEAM!! Bringing relief to uploaded grief!

Showcase: The Art Vandals! and Workin' for the Psycho Granny(Cool Levels)

19. Thanks!

Thank you so much for the theck and thack materials. I tried following rtm223's directions for making them, but I couldn't do the trick x button r1 or l1 button pushing thing correctly to save my life.

It is so awesome having some of you guys figure out all the "enhanced level building techniques" and then share them with us.
    Live "life near the bone, where it's sweetest." H.D. Thoreau

Levels: Bigfoot Bounce, Flying Saucers from Mars(original), Run Silent, LBP Sherlock Holmes, The Night Before Christmas, Sherlock Holmes 2: African Adventure, Flying Saucers From Mars (remake) *SPOTLIGHTED*

Sackperson Demagogue Incinerator22's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,161
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Incinerator22
    Blog Entries

Great level . It actually explains the glitches in a creative way, transitions from section to section are smooth and different each time, and the theme is simple but very nice and well-executed. This is sure to help a lot of people. 5-Starred.

• Two shades of plasmafied material.
    Isn't plasmafied material made from making a vulnerable creature with legs, setting the legs to walk into plasma, pausing, and capturing? How did you get two different intensities?

The original idea was to limit it to glitches which can no longer be reproduced
    I don't really get this. In my opinion, it's silly to hold back important glitches for an agenda like that. Special emmiters and tweakable lasers may be easy to get, but few people know how to get them.

Also, have you considered adding a community-made glitch item like the compression tool?

There were also a couple of things I held back, such as my small collection of gas glasses
    Why? They're very useful as decorations and illusions.

Incinerator's guide explains it fairly well.
    Fairly well!?!?

22. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Incinerator22 View Post
    Isn't plasmafied material made from making a vulnerable creature with legs, setting the legs to walk into plasma, pausing, and capturing? How did you get two different intensities?
    Not sure. I didn't make either sample.

Quote Originally Posted by Incinerator22 View Post
    Special emmiters and tweakable lasers may be easy to get, but few people know how to get them.
    Most of the things held back were largely due to time constraints. They'll probably go in later.

Still trembling... talbot-trembler's Avatar
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 587

PSN
    talbottrembler

Thanks! I've been looking for days for thin gas. I had it the popit one time but I deleted it by accident.

And the best thing was it wasn't a boring level with the blank blue background, it was fun at the same time. Thanks, again.

Are you trembling?

supergoodfantastic. a+ level.

Just published version 2.

Additions
    • Two more variations of plasmafied material
    • Unique material: Rimless Brown Rusty Metal
    • Gardens material palette with the same layout as the basic one

Changes
    • Renamed existing plasmafied materials
    • Texture realignment on static grabbable material in basic material palette
    • Minor cosmetic changes

Please let me know if I've broken anything in this version, including material editability in prizes. Remaining story mode material palettes coming soon(ish).

Tarsier Level Designer comphermc's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,725
    Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Nice! Glad you got it all worked out. And it's sort of underwhelming the way you described it, but for everyone else, this means that he has included cow glitch combinations for all the gardens materials. Impressive!

Mm Picks: Roller INC 2 | Wizard: Chapter 1 | LittleBigPrius
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube
    Lbp.me profile: comphermc | LittleBigplanet 2 Create Tutorials: LBPlanetorials

28. Thanks!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast