Teleportation Devastation by Grim-421
This is a two part story based level that has platforming with puzzle solving and combat. When an experimental teleportation device miscalculates, you are left to find your way home through an active volcano (and another unpredicted location). The level is split into two levels (Part 1 and Part 2) do to overheating, but it is one continuous adventure. I rate the difficulty a 7/10 do to its rhythmic platforming. What's rhythmic platforming? Play the levels and find out.
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Thread: Teleportation Devastation
Last edited by Grim-421; 07-10-2010 at 08:23 PM.
- Join Date
- May 2010
- Blog Entries
Alright! I played through both levels. As they are a series, I will compile both stages into a single review. Lets begin:
- Very nice visual design. I especially was fond of that area in Part 2 (Avoiding spoilers.) It was very pretty.
- Good platforming. The platforming was well executed, and I had fun.
- Interesting story. It is simple, but effective. Good for LBP stages reliant on platforming.
- Some frustrating parts. During the beginning of part 1, the bomb that you receive to blow open the door. On that part, I pushed to bomb up to the door, and pressed the switch, but the bomb disappeared. I didn't really know what to do, until I realized the bomb needed to be pressed DIRECTLY up to the door (I was pulling the bomb and not pushing).
-On Part 2 near the end when you have to climb up those blades. This part was quite frustrating, as the blades pushed me off the platform more times that I would like. Sometimes they even squished me.
In short, I had a lot of fun playing both of these levels. I liked the storyline twist in the 2nd part, and I liked the "Rhythmic platforming" in both. It was fun series. Glad I played them.
Part 1: and
Part 2 and
Thank you for commenting! Everyone I've seen play my levels have had problems with the bomb part. I tryed to help with the red X but that is still confusing (i think ill move the red X on the door). As for the blades part, i think im the only on who can get up them easially. It is "Rhythmic Platforming" at its hardest. Also did u have trouble seeing or knowing what to do with the TTD in the rotating blades? I was afraid it was too dark or poorly explained.
- Join Date
- May 2010
- Blog Entries
I kinda did, but I just jumped like cray and tapped R1, and it worked somehow, so I just went with it and didnt ask questions XD Also, I forgot to mention, that part at the end with the TTD, where you're falling, I loved that part the most. Was very trippy I almost wanna play the stage again just for that part
Cool thanks! I think I'll add a light to the back so u can see. And thanks for the comment.
That intro was tight. I like how it rolls out and you land on the mountain (if that was intentional). The story is pretty interesting the platforming was fun and I liked how you gave the player 2 options on some of the platforming. I always took the high ground . I think the race should be shorter. It felt like you gave the player too much time to get to the finish line. That think at the end needs to be faster I think or have it be a cutscene because I got to the device and the thing took me with it. LOL. That might just happened to me only though. I gave it 5 stars and a .
The first platforming section was a lil hard until you get used to the pattern. The boss was ok. It only had 1 attack and you could dodge it at anytime. The bubble in the boss can be reached but you would have to kill yourself to get back out though. The outside area was a little bare. Maybe add some smoke or clouds since its a volcano. You could gas a rocket and use it to simulate smoke. The wormhole area was wierd but cool at the same time. Some people might have trouble at knowing wat to do at the part where you blow up the tv. The camera angle on the spike trap needs to be better. i kept getting killed and got up there by luck because I couldnt see when it was opening or closing. Other than that the level was good. I gave this 4 stars though.
When you get a chance play my F4F level, Kinetic Crisis. Link is in my sig.
Hmm, Ill need to check this level out when I have timeBarnsy_AKA_ashLet creations be evolved! It's the only way to improve!
Scroll: Part 1 [15%]
Monsters Inc: [2%]
Industrial Insanity: [1%]
The Windy Way: [0%]
The Robot that need a Heart: [0%]
L1ghtmare, Thank you for your feed back. I would like to add more scenery to the lvl but it is completly full. I accually had to remove a whole obstacle because of it. I'm gonna make the small changes to improve gameplay the the visuals will have to stay the same
I played your two levels and here are my feedbacks :
The good :
- Very good volcano atmosphere.
- The wormhole dimension is awesome (even if I would have liked more places like the bent house at the beginning).
The less good :
- The dragon boss doesn't let the player any seconds to fire without being killed (or I didn't find the way)
- After defeating him, I fell many times into a hole behind his cadaver, is it wanted ?
- At the end of the second level, behind the lightning fan I had some difficulties to enter the TTD, I couldn't see very well what to do.
Maybe some hints for your thermometer issue :
- I saw you use many curved continuous shapes, try to split those shapes and try to reduce their numbers of vertices (with the corner tool)
- The thermometer doesn't like free objects, if there are objects you don't want to move, glue them (to dark matter or to existing still objects), for example bubbles are common free objects you can easily glue.
I Hope it would help you
If you are looking for a new level to play, try mine (see my signature)
Last edited by onisdream; 07-14-2010 at 04:34 PM.F4F Level : The Four Elements Quest
Thanks for the review and the thermometer tips! When it comes to mountains and hills, I just go to town with the circle shape. I never really use the corner editor. Seems like a safe bet to add more space. I'll try your tips in my next level.
Very good indeed.
The graphics were superb, I missed seeing some smoke in the volcano though.
Behind the blades, it was a little tough to figue out how to get into the teleporter.
I gave it 4 stars and a heart.
TedMy Latest LBP2 Levels:The Fast And The Frustrated http://lbp.me/v/d577t0Red Heat http://lbp.me/v/dstq63Olympic Blue Steel Platformer http://lbp.me/v/dbc2erPlatforming With No Cake http://lbp.me/v/b61qr7The Blue And The Gray Platformer http://lbp.me/v/650etmBank Vault Lock Box (demo) http://lbp.me/v/6zgdy6Wood-N-What-Knot http://lbp.me/v/z2ne49