BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Mulberry Woods

Default Mulberry Woods

Mulberry Woods by mrsupercomputer
    Crazed lumberjacks have constructed a sawmill and are cutting down all the trees! Journey to the mill, shut it down, and save Mulberry Woods!

Experience Mulberry Woods for the first time... again. Yeah, I know what you are thinking. Mulberry Woods isn't a new level, it's a stinking remake! What's with all the creators (CompherMC, Javi_Haguse) remaking their old, crappy levels? Well... it's because they were crappy! Especially Javi's. So, like Compher and Javi, I decided to remake my very first level, Mulberry Woods.

Originally, I had planned for this to be a rather simple remake. A few visual upgrades here and a couple gameplay changes there. However, it turned into much more than that. It's still quite faithful to the original, but I overhauled a couple areas significantly. Personally, I think it's much better than the original and I'd love to hear what you think about it. And if you hate it, I still have the original sitting on my moon!

Special thanks to...

CompherMC - logic, gameplay... you know, the works!
    Javi_Haguse - visuals, gameplay ideas
    Keldur - gameplay ideas
    DajDaj03 - clouds!

Last edited by mrsupercomputer; 07-13-2010 at 12:41 PM.

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Overall activity: 0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    XFrogBoyX
    Blog Entries

Awesome I can't wait to play it!

3. Thanks!

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 904
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    piggabling
    Blog Entries

Ooh! Great! I haven't seen enough of you and your levels lately...

Glad to see it's published, it looks good, and will be a treat to play!

5. Thanks!

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 134
    Recommendation Second Class 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    chuck_18mp

:O SWEET!
    My favorite level ever gets a cool haircut!
    Be sure I'll play this level ASAP!
    /faints

Hymnes 2.0?
    [B]F4F[/B ]SECRETS OF HYMNES // F4F Once Upon The Gardens // When The Bombs DIDN't Fall
    You liked N64's classic series Banjo & Kazooie ? Well have a look here!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Leaver
    A timuh, it times.
    "Lolol Look at me I'm better than you"

7. Thanks!

Tarsier Level Designer comphermc's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,725
    Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Who is that dashing sack in the orange cape?

When you first told me that you wanted to remake Mulberry Woods, I called you crazy. When we played through the old one again, I considered you significantly less crazy (ziiiing!). I'm glad we were able to convince you to change some of the major bits to make it a fresh, enjoyable experience. It's very well made, lighthearted and fun, but it still maintains that sort of old-school, nostalgic feel.

Well done.

(Oh, and that duct work scene is very well designed. It takes to true talent to come up with a layout that effective. Ha!)
    Mm Picks: Roller INC 2 | Wizard: Chapter 1 | LittleBigPrius
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube
    Lbp.me profile: comphermc | LittleBigplanet 2 Create Tutorials: LBPlanetorials

9. Thanks!

Oh nice! I can smell the wood chip upgrade already!
    F4F Participant
    Levels published: F4F: LIBERATOR - Spotlighted!!!! -, Vectroids - MM Picked!!! Spotlighted!!!! -, Sea Dragon -Spotlighted-, Roll out the Barrel! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders III: Insurrection - Spotlighted-, Destiny! -Spotlighted! MM Community pick!-, Vertigo! -Spotlighted-, Splat Invaders Saga -Spotlighted! IGN Pick!-, Splat Invaders II: The Caverns of Splat -Spotlighted!-, Tiger Woods Mini Golf -Spotlighted!-, Starship Troopers -Spotlighted!-

11. Thanks!

Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

OH! Great little easter-egg: If you ever see a woodchipper... see what happens when you jump into it...
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube

Great remake MrSC! I loved it!

Still have the charm of the original but with more polished, detailled, and stylish visuals and characters!
    What more could we ask for?
    I love all the little animations that's makes the level more alive, great work on these!

The gameplay was really fun and precise, and flawless to me!

Now the level wouldn't be so good without those fantastic clouds in the background , but you still made a great job!

Seriously though, I always loved your levels, so as usual :

Now you can start working on ZV3...I said NOW!
    [FONT="Arial"]Online Pod : www.dajdaj03lbp.weebly.com

14. Thanks!

Where did you get the wings for the Eagle? I've never seen them before.

Anyway great level: and . Very polished and detailed with great gameplay, story wasn't that great (doesn't really matter...yet...).

Problems: In the part where you have to jump over the wood chipper (before the Eagle attacks the lumberjack) you can fall through the second layer and end up near the end of the level. Plus at the end it goes all laggy and I think this is because you may have cheated the thermometer in some way.

P.S: What are you doing making remakes, you should create Zephyr Valley 3.
    Last edited by CYBERSNAKE; 07-12-2010 at 12:35 PM.

16. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CYBERSNAKE View Post
    Where did you get the wings for the Eagle? I've never seen them before.
    It's an object that you collect in the story mode, but I can't remember for the life of me where you find it.

Problems: In the part where you have to jump over the wood chipper (before the Eagle attacks the lumberjack) you can fall through the second layer and end up near the end of the level. Plus at the end it goes all laggy and I think this is because you may have cheated the thermometer in some way.
    Thanks, I will take a look at this when I get home. Did it get laggy when you fell through the second layer or with the normal route?

P.S: What are you doing making remakes, you should create Zephyr Valley 3.
    Well, Zephyr Valley 2 drove me crazy, so I wanted to take a break and do something easy. I thought that a remake of Mulberry Woods would be fast and easy. I was wrong! It took me longer than I thought because I changed a lot more than I originally planned. Zephyr Valley 3 is coming though, but I can't promise it will be the next level that I work on.

Sweeet. I'll try it right now. I should have my new and last LBP1 level finished today as well...

19. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsupercomputer View Post
    It's an object that you collect in the story mode, but I can't remember for the life of me where you find it.

Thanks, I will take a look at this when I get home. Did it get laggy when you fell through the second layer or with the normal route?

Well, Zephyr Valley 2 drove me crazy, so I wanted to take a break and do something easy. I thought that a remake of Mulberry Woods would be fast and easy. I was wrong! It took me longer than I thought because I changed a lot more than I originally planned. Zephyr Valley 3 is coming though, but I can't promise it will be the next level that I work on.
    1:OK, thanks, I probably already have the bird wings since I have collected everything in story mode. It's just that I couldn't find it.

2:The lagging happens not because of the route I took, it is because the thermometer is full and you are emiting (the end boss) something that overfills the thermometer. The same thing happened to my level and I have noticed it in Steve-Big-Guns' 'Something Below' level.

3: BOO! You suck...lol, I'm joking. Keep the levels coming.

P.S: Whats with the brutal Eagle kill?

21. Thanks!

2:The lagging happens not because of the route I took, it is because the thermometer is full and you are emiting (the end boss) something that overfills the thermometer. The same thing happened to my level and I have noticed it in Steve-Big-Guns' 'Something Below' level.
    While I am cheating the thermo, it's only a very small amount being cheated (the clouds and a few point bubbles). As you make your way through the level, you are essentially removing the bubbles from the thermo and one lumberjack is killed off as well. So, I'm not sure that it's due to cheating the thermo, but I will investigate when I get home from work.

P.S: Whats with the brutal Eagle kill?
    The lumberjacks are tearing down the Hawk's home! He's angry!

Quote Originally Posted by mrsupercomputer View Post
    The lumberjacks are tearing down the Hawk's home! He's angry!
    Yeah but he is an Eagle not Kratos!

Puffi1182

One of the best level I´ve played^^
    Very very very good job, dude!

5* and a heart

25. Thanks!

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 904
    PSN
    piggabling
    Blog Entries

Just playted this and have to say, it was brilliant. Even though it was just a remake of the first level, it still seemed like a whole new experience. The story was still fresh, the gameplay was superb, and the characters were amazing. I'm still laughing at that eagle takedown!

I really liked the new sap-sliding sections, the beautiful waterfall, and the well-planned vent scene. Just a great level!

and

What could be better than this? Oh, wait. Zephyr Valley 3, that's what!

Nah, I'm just joking. Whatever you bring us next I'm sure will just raise the bar higher

LMAO @ Especially Javi's

Its fun to see how a person grows as a creator... In this case, there was no growth. Same crappy level... lol
    Kidding!
    This is an awesome. Even though it's a complete overhaul, it stayed true the the original. Now everything just looks amazing (especially that fuel tank..lol) and the gameplay is much more enjoyable. Great job man!

Now you have no excuses to finish ZV3! (or to help me with mine lol)

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 673
    7 days registered 30 days registered 3 months registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    tanrockstan34
    Blog Entries

Those Lumberjacks don't deserve a smexy mill like that!

I wish I had played the first one before this remake but I guess I will just see how much changed later.
    The trees were what caught my eye in the beginning. These were great, new trees that hadn't found their way from the story mode into your level. After I saw these I knew the level had to be outstanding.
    There were numerous amounts of details and eye candy from beginning to end! The background layers looked well placed and the flowers were scattered about nicely. The spider gave the level a little character too. . I also noticed things like the faint lights that eerily dimmed and the small creaking noises that occurred when branches would flow in the "wind."

A few nitpicks, nothing much though. The music seemed like an odd choice to me, didn't set in with me and felt out of place in some parts.
    The sponges used to swing looked odd the same color as the muck in the beginning. Maybe you could experiment with other colors, although maybe I was just seeing things...

A few things happened in the mill that I don't think went as planned. The first log to spawn on the log saw bet got stuck for an amount of time and almost didn't come out, I had to jump on it and die before it unjammed. I also found myself out of the level after using the launch pad thing near the venting... I was jumping at the time but I still went way up there... I saw the "inner workings"!

An outstanding level in terms of gameplay and visuals, still some things that could use tweaking but hey, maybe instead of ZV3, a sequel???

PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tanrockstan34 View Post
    The spider gave the level a little character too.
    See! Where would you be without me!?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast