BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Default Camera controls should work in edit mode

    I hated having to go out of edit and into play to see how my camera angles were going to look and back to edit to change them. May be a reason why Media Molecule didn't add this but it looks like it could be done.

    Maltay's Signatures Shop

  2. #2
    Sackperson Sergeant

    PSN
    ClankXIII
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    3,665
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Let's say it was like that: that the camera controls worked in Create Mode. Wouldn't that bother you when you are doing something there and it is difficult to see because of the angle?

  3. #3

    Default

    Some sort of a Camera Mode within Create Mode would be good, where you could jump around the level and test out all the camera modifications you have placed in the level.

    This would be really helpful, because it's difficult to test the camera settings near the end of the level as you have to play through the entire level to check out the differences, or switch the level starting spawn location constantly.

    Definitely could use some improvement.

  4. #4
    Junior Sackperson BurlapSackBoy's Avatar
    Points: 16,330, Level: 38
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    fh97ntn
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Nashville,TN. U.S.A.
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClankXIII View Post
    Let's say it was like that: that the camera controls worked in Create Mode. Wouldn't that bother you when you are doing something there and it is difficult to see because of the angle?
    I understand what you are saying. Maybe they could have a test angle button under the tweak section for cameras in edit. But the camera already does weird things in edit mode as it is. The camera would zoom way out if you were in the flying around mode and tried to edit something close up. You would have to quit hovering to get the camera close in enough to the object to see what you were working on if it was something small.

    Maltay's Signatures Shop

  5. #5
    LBP2 FTW!!!!!!!! dorien's Avatar
    Points: 39,735, Level: 61
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 615
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    oooDorienooo
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bermondsey, London, England
    Posts
    2,696

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurlapSackBoy View Post
    I understand what you are saying. Maybe they could have a test angle button under the tweak section for cameras in edit. But the camera already does weird things in edit mode as it is. The camera would zoom way out if you were in the flying around mode and tried to edit something close up. You would have to quit hovering to get the camera close in enough to the object to see what you were working on if it was something small.
    I'm the opposite as i create always in hover mode as you have the control over the camera and can zoom right the way in to see what's going on.

    The camera is very very very annoying anyway in my opinion. Why on earth don't they just give you a floating camera in single player create so that you can just zoom in or out at every angle. Even for stickering it would be a lot better. Lets be honest you should be able to pan 360 degrees and zoom right the way in very close to get better views. I think the camera is limited as you can create with 4 people but in single player create you should be given more options.

    And also one of them options should be to try out the cameras without going into play mode as you say. They are temperamental as it is. Sometimes when you change the zone or tracking it cancels the angle and zoom
    The ghost of LBPC past.................

  6. #6

    Default

    I agree on the panning issue as well. It's sometimes really hard to attach something in the exact right spot, because you can't rotate the camera to look down on things or look up to see the ceiling/bottom of certain objects.

    In my opinion the easiest way to implement this is that when you float around in a level, you get to modify the camera position freely, but when you move around the level the camera automatically uses the same camera angles as if you were playing the level in Play Mode.

  7. #7

    Default

    Since you can't control the camera while on the ground (you can only do it in Hover Mode), the camera angles SHOULD work in Create Mode while you're on the ground. Good idea.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler View Post
    Since you can't control the camera while on the ground (you can only do it in Hover Mode), the camera angles SHOULD work in Create Mode while you're on the ground. Good idea.
    Exactly. That is the whole point of having hover mode but while on the ground all effects shoud be active.

  9. #9
    CrazyRandomHappenStance! muttjones's Avatar
    Points: 23,036, Level: 46
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 514
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    7 days registered 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    muttjones
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    842

    Default

    i say if they put in an option in popit saying: Camera angles ON/OFF

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •