BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Logic Workshop

Post Logic Workshop

Logic Workshop: Showcase & Tutorial Thread

Backstory: The Logic Workshop is my third, final, and best logic showcase. I've finally made a project I can be proud of. The level features over 80 switches and over 70 different kinds of switches. Everything is tested, thermo-optimized, and made to work well. I've had a lot of problems with it, like problems with the 160-hour glitch, thermo issues, and level space issues, but I'm finally finished with this project.

Level Names: Logic Workshop & Logic Worksop: Continued [LED Counter]
    PSN: Incinerator22
    Level Badges: Magnetic Keyswitch

Switch Tutorials

This part of the tutorial thread describes each switch in the logic level in the order you can see it.

Spoiler Spoiler - Permanent Logic

Spoiler Spoiler - AND/OR Logic

Spoiler Spoiler - Rythmic Output Logic

Spoiler Spoiler - Delay Logic

Spoiler Spoiler - Timed Output Logic

Spoiler Spoiler - Toggle Logic

Spoiler Spoiler - Set/Reset Logic

Spoiler Spoiler - Mutual Exclusion Logic

Spoiler Spoiler - Speed Logic

Spoiler Spoiler - Effects Logic

Spoiler Spoiler - Driving Logic

Spoiler Spoiler - Grab Logic

Spoiler Spoiler - Demonstration Logic

Spoiler Spoiler - Tracking Logic

Spoiler Spoiler - Demmiter Logic

Spoiler Spoiler - Incrementation Logic

Spoiler Spoiler - Randomizer Logic

Spoiler Spoiler - Misc./Ungrouped Logic

Special Thanks To:

• comphermc, rtm223, Aya042, LordCanti007, shadowheaven, claptonfann, and Tamland for concepts or ideas.
    • comphermc for major optimization help and support (aka saying "Hurry it up already!")
    • Coldplay's music, for making the writing of this thread less boring.
    • All my friends, especially creator430, for playtesting (aka forcing them to play it) and support.
    • Sevhen for a piece of editable glitched thin gas that he gave me a long time ago.
    • LBPCentral, for just being frieking awesome. Keep up the good work.

Please comment! Questions, feedback, compliments, insults, additions, complications, and speculations are welcome.
    Last edited by Incinerator22; 10-30-2010 at 07:03 AM.

Very nice level and thread.

The logic is all the newest and very thermo friendly, also tutorial on the thread here is detailed and understandable.

and, now I know how to make a tilt sensor...

Nope! It's Chuck Testa Gilgamesh's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Jirugameshi
    Blog Entries

Wow, this is really brilliant.
    I can generally figure out logic on my own, but some of these switches use some pretty clever techniques I wouldn't have even thought of. Others just completely blew my mind because they were so genius.

All of these switches are pretty useful tools to have though.

Great stuff.
    Midnight Revenge

SackMech II
    Training

SackMech I
    Trailer | Mission 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 521
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    22eaSDDASFIKJASD
    Blog Entries

This level is probably the most useful level ever, I learned a lot while playing this

btw, amazing effort with this thread, it took pretty long time before it got done right?

Tarsier Level Designer comphermc's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,725
    Recommendation Second Class 25000 Experience Points 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    comphermc
    Blog Entries

Hooray, it's done!

I have another shake camera for you, if there's room. It's a little more natural than the circles. Nicely done otherwise. I always use the double piston set-reset, but the hysteresis version is superior and I will using that from now on. The same goes for the Perm AND/ORs. Never thought to incorporate hysteresis into those.

Last edited by comphermc; 07-31-2010 at 02:16 PM.
    Mm Picks: Roller INC 2 | Wizard: Chapter 1 | LittleBigPrius
    Levels: New! -The Button | The Fourth Wall | The Heist: Making a Withdrawal | Rubik's Tube
    Lbp.me profile: comphermc | LittleBigplanet 2 Create Tutorials: LBPlanetorials

omg, this is simply AWESOME!
    This is the topic with the biggest logic info I've seen ever.
    Keep this good work, Incinerator22! (and all the other guys helped ya)

Oh and the section with the grab/tap/hold switches should be named ''Grab Logic''
    ...Cheeseburger Logic?! o.o
    Last edited by ViniciusBR11; 07-31-2010 at 02:56 PM.

Despite speaking more English than Portuguese, I will never cease to have a Brazilian Heart
    ViniciusBR11
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a better Wiki!

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 328
    7 days registered 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    XFrogBoyX
    Blog Entries

Thanks! This is very useful, in fact, I'd say this is the most detailed thread relating to logic that I've ever read!

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    JspOt-Kid
    Blog Entries

A cheezburgah switch? Yahooooooooooooooo!!

Sig by moleynator.

OMG often work ... congratulations
    to see if I can test it
    thanks

You know, I made a Mutual Exclusion Switch just not as you have done.
    Let me to publish it here?

Sackperson Demagogue Incinerator22's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,161
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Incinerator22
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kaumy View Post
    You know, I made a Mutual Exclusion Switch just not as you have done.
    Let me to publish it here?
    Sure, go ahead.

Excellent guide! I think I have to check out your level! And I'll probably print this page out, so I can look at it and find the thing perfect the job!

I haven't been on for a long time, but now I'm back :]

Very nice. I knew about most of these, but there were a few that I hadn't seen and it's nice to have them all in one place.

A couple of quibbles: your speed sensing sack tracker is overbuilt. All you need to detect if a sackboy is walking too fast is a tracker that will only move at the speed you want sackboy to walk and a second set of sensors to detect if he leaves the center. You didn't do anything with wheeley switches. Wheelies are awesome for hamster wheel controls and for speed relays. Why would you need a speed relay? Well, one example I can think of is for a chase sensor like the one on Skulldozer. It uses an inverted speed setting on a sensor switch, which is great except that it has no OFF setting (unless sackboy is right on the sensor). By making a speed relay and running it through an AND gate, you can have a switch that will pass a speed input through it if the directional input is also active. If that didn't make any sense, you can see it in my "Motion Sensing Searchlight" tech demo (yeah, it had nothing to do with the searchlight, but I didn't think it deserved its own level so I just stuck it in there.

Sackperson Demagogue Incinerator22's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,161
    Recommendation Second Class 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Incinerator22
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sehven View Post
    All you need to detect if a sackboy is walking too fast is a tracker that will only move at the speed you want sackboy to walk and a second set of sensors to detect if he leaves the center.
    Most of that bit of extra logic creates a safe zone on either side of the switch.

Looking at it right now, I already see that I don't need the set/reset at all, and I could just put the "reset" inputs on the OR switch, just pulling it back when it's not supposed to turn on. It was one of the first switches I made, so it's a little outdated.

You didn't do anything with wheeley switches.
    I don't really have the thermo, and rtm's level is already copyable and comprehensive with the different kinds of versions you can make. That's the same reason I didn't include an ordered inputs tool. comphermc's copyable ordered inputs tool tutorial is already copyable and comprehensive. I guess I should add a recommendations section to my post with links to rtm's logic blogs too. That's on my to-do-list.

Why would you need a speed relay?
    ok, I'll see if I have enough thermo tomorrow.

------------

Also: The levels are now copyable.

It's finally done! How many years has it been in the making now?

Each time I've gone through this level with you I've understood a little more, but most of this stuff just blows my mind.

Really, this is worthy.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    rtm223
    Blog Entries

Emitter toggle is not zero latency btw, switching on it is, but switching off it isn't.

Still it's cool to see a collection here of all these switches. It's kinda remarkable how the community has come along from where it was 18 months ago throught the collaboration and sharing of ideas on the forums :-)
    -- ? --

Epic Level, everything a decent creator needs, you always were the logic whiz

Quote Originally Posted by rtm223 View Post
    Emitter toggle is not zero latency btw, switching on it is, but switching off it isn't.

Still it's cool to see a collection here of all these switches. It's kinda remarkable how the community has come along from where it was 18 months ago throught the collaboration and sharing of ideas on the forums :-)
    This is why yours is the best. XD

Sadly I can't make use of the copy function. I don't have the history pack
    Current Project: Sackboy Stories : Curse of the Sacred Crown (You are Sackboy. You have discovered the sacred crown...but it's booby trapped! Find your way through the temple...or die)
    [spoiler]
    http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...e-Sacred-Crown
    [/spoiler]
    Current Owned DLC: MGS Pack, (Waiting to get a psn card for POTC pack)
    PSN: th3t0xicKur3

Quote Originally Posted by Jwei44 View Post
    Sadly I can't make use of the copy function. I don't have the history pack
    Don't worry, i'll remove the History Pack from it and Backup then send it for ya (You need a flash drive for this)

Despite speaking more English than Portuguese, I will never cease to have a Brazilian Heart
    ViniciusBR11
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a better Wiki!

21. Thanks!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast