BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 119 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default Something BIG is coming: Kindred

Quote Originally Posted by The Hoarder
    So, Sackboy, you have made it this far already? You are more capable than I had anticipated. No matter, you will only prove a mild inconvenience.

Even now my minions are assembling beyond your reach; consolidating their strength. My vision will be a reality soon, and before you even realise what has begun, the Community Moon will have changed beyond recognition - AND YOU WILL BE A PART OF IT!
    Teaser Art

What's this?

Kindred is a collaborative project that introduces a brand new story level series to the PSP community.

When will it come out?

The project is still in the creation stage, but we announced the project early to maximize involvement from the greater LBP PSP Community. Please refer to this thread for updates.

Who's in it?
    • ali985/Alismuffin
    • amazingflyingpoo
    • Arrestor/Maboe84
    • BlueBulletBill
    • CyberSora
    • Domick12
    • Fastbro
    • jeffcu28
    • Lleonard Pler/Lleonard
    • salieri/SalieriAAX
    • Spark151
    • Taffey/tsr13
    • VelcroJonze
    • Featuring the digital artworks of dajdaj03

Can I be part of it?

While we do have a core team of dedicated creators to monitor the progress of the project from start to finish, we plan on getting as much involvement from the LBP PSP Community as possible through object-building and various other contests. Please stay tuned for details.
    Last edited by The Hoarder; 09-12-2010 at 05:36 AM. Reason: Updated project information...

Wow, seems pretty epic. Hopefully it lives up to expectations.

Wanderer Trilogy
    The Wicked Manufactory ♦Spotlighted♦
    Devious Dataspace ♦Spotlighted♦
    Operation Sackernaut ♦Spotlighted♦

3. Thanks!

Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 979
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    CyberSora

Umm... welcome to the site?

You do know we have an Introduce Yourself forum, right?

EDIT: In case you're lost, here's a recap of the most recent events.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberSora View Post
    Ooh! Recaps! ^-^

The Recap

The Hoarder posted a teaser art and everybody became suspicious when comphermc stickied it. Soon, everybody "Thanked!" The Hoarder's post because amazingflyingpoo admitted that he ad something to do with this project. With that, everybody started to point fingers at one another, still trying to figure out who's The Hoarder.

A day or two later, BlueBulletBill was accused of being The Hoarder because everybody here who knows BlueBulletBill knows that he once tried a Community project, The Great Labyrinth. After interrogation, however, he admitted that the project died and that he had no involvement in The Hoarder's project.

Hours later, Gilgamesh and Leather-Monkey decided to stalk the PSP section and investigated the scene. After a few searches and observations, they both found out that amazingflyingpoo had a picture of the character in the teaser art, and that salieri created the characters within LBP PSP itself. With everybody keeping an eye on these two Creators, Gilgamesh took it into his hands to go even deeper. Moments later, Area 51 was discovered and Gilgamesh gathered a handful of suspects. But, after interrogating them he had only gained the members' names of the group and nothing more.

Days went by and spam was littering the thread until The Hoarder posted again. This sparked mass contrevorsy after people noticed he was Friends with The Forgotten. After sharing their thoughts, everybody decided The Forgotten was in on it. It wasn't until everybody started being The Hoarder's Friends that they debunked this as a minor change in things.

Hours later, a mysterious fellow emerged by the name of The Hoarders Asst, who claims to be a minion of The Hoarder. This quickly became a massive debate of whether or not this guy is a fake. It wasn't long before The Hoarder posted again, only to reveal that he once had a minion but he "pulled out his stuffing" for being "20 seconds late" with his coffee. But never the less, the minions came with the names of The Hoarders Advsr and The Hoarders Lover. It wasn't long before comphermc banned them and revealed that is was cory_7101995, dragonember, and Richasackboy who were the fake Hoarders ("respectively" of course). Still, it was too late. This quickly became a trend and now a majority of the PSP section is now using Hoarder Eyes in their avatars. And yes, it has become a habit to tease a Photoshop picture Taffey made, Hoarder Merchandise.

3 weeks went by with nothing but spam and threats from The Hoarder. Then, out of nowhere, The Hoarder posted a QR Code. With only a few hours to spare, the members quickly found out that it was a link to a site: http://yourworldoftext.com/sos. The site contained an SOS to the Community, hinting them about "vehicles" and The Hoarder's evil ways. Other than that, the Community was left clueless, again.

A few days later and The Hoarder posted a code on his Profile. The members were taken back by the unusual post until The Hoarder began PM'ing people a message containing pieces of a larger message. After many hours of deciphering the code, everybody was left a message that didn't seem much until a link teaser art was found. This teaser art resembled a lot like the first, and everybody discovered that this character had habit of using puzzles. With everybody focusing on other possible "tribes" to be discovered, another trend quickly came into play: Teams!

So now, with The Hoarder posting his/her most recent comment of "be prepared", everybody is choosing sides, teams, new trends, new signatures, and new avatars. There are currently three teams: Team Platformeraninans, Team Puzzleranians, and Team Hoarder (a spoof that ali made but then quickly got attention after The Hoarder "Thanked!" his post. There's a possibility that more "tribes" and Teams will be revealed later on.

Well that's it for the recap. Maybe we can start a competition later on. ^-^

Peace from Team Hoarder

__________________________________________________ _____________

Update 1

A new hunt was started by The Hoarder. For 3 days, the PSP community went through the hunt. Even PS3ers like Gilgamesh and evil_warlord were participating in the hunt. On the first day, the members went through majority of the stages with minimum difficulties. It wasn't until the last stage that the members stared to suffer problems in solving the puzzle. It wasn't until ARD, another PS3er, solved the last stage... 2 days after it encountered! After a bit of confusion, the community finally achieved the long awaited teaser art for the third tribe in the game, a mysterious character that was also spotted in ali's secret level. It was confirmed that CyberSora created the hunt and that more hunts were to follow.

After the 3 day event ended, jeffcu28 finally managed to negotiate with The Hoarder in posting the project's announcement in the OP. All information that is currently available for public view can be found on the first post (OP) of the first page. jeffcu28 also confirmed that the PSP community will be involved in the project one way or another, and spammers will be in punished for violating both site and thread rules.

Go recaps! (>^-^)>

Fun Facts
    It is a very rare event to see The Hoarder "Thanks!" anybody.
    The Hoarder Eyes trend began when cory_7101995 transitioned his fake account's avatar into his.
    Mm Tweeted about the post on their Twitter account.
    There is only one known Creator who has admitted involvement in this project: amazingflyingpoo. He, however, denies any further production in it.
    AceCreator (a Sony Cambridge employee) acknowledge the project's existence, but has denied any role in it.
    A theory was created that The Hoarder posted every 11 pages, yet he/she still doesn't acknowledge this theory.
    The moderators (A.K.A. mods) are involved in this project, but refuse to comment on it.
    BlueBulletBill openly claimed he was in on the project at least twice, yet no one has attacked him... yet.
    Silver was the first to comment on the thread. The estimated time of response was about a minute since the thread was made.
    CyberSora is the only one who refuses to "Thanks!" The Hoarder's posts.
    The most recent puzzle took 3 days to solve, with the last stage confusing the members for 2 days. ARD was the one to solve it in the end, with apparently no trouble.
    EDIT: FAQ sheet is now online!

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

What's this Kindred I've been hearing about?
    Kindred, LBPCentral's first PSP project, is a new series created by some of your beloved Creators! The series, containing over 15 levels, will focus around the player and his/her adventure through 5 mysterious tribes. The player will visit each tribe to learn about the new and threatening villain only known as The Hoarder. What lies ahead for the player, that is yet to be revealed.

Who's in the project team?
    See the OP (Official Post).

Can I please sign up!?
    We currently have no need for anymore Creators in our team. As far as I know, our last batch of Creators were probably the last ones to join.

Are you guys going to finish all of the levels before you publish the first 3 (first tribe)?
    We've already decided to release the levels along the way; that way you guys have something to play while the rest of the series is being finished.

Will The Hoarder be releasing them anytime soon?
    We are still not sure about how long this project will take. We can only say it's very soon, but we are not guaranteeing anything.

Will you guys be releasing one tribe at a time for play or all of them at once?
    We still haven't decided on how we'll be releasing them.

What other Kindred Kontests are there to come?
    We don't have any planned for the time being. However, we will be looking for ways to have you, the Community, to contribute one way or another. So stay tuned.
    Last edited by CyberSora; 11-14-2010 at 10:00 PM.

Umm... welcome to the site?

You do know we have a Introduce Yourself forum, right?
    Dang it, I thought he was promoting a new project.

Wanderer Trilogy

Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    CyberSora

Quote Originally Posted by Silver39 View Post
    Dang it, I thought he was promoting a new project.
    I think he is. But I don't know what he means when says his "evil minions" are assembling.

Well anyways, I just take it he's some other new member here who's just trying to be a show-off. No offense Hoarder.

Right back at it again. Voltergeist's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 468
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    PSN
    VoItergeist

Someone had to say it.

Nope! It's Chuck Testa Gilgamesh's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Jirugameshi
    Blog Entries

Hmmm... my incredible detective skills have uncovered something about this image, linking it to a well-known existing member here... but I'm not sure what to make of it.

Midnight Revenge

SackMech II
    Training

SackMech I
    Trailer | Mission 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

You silly people. The accounts purpose is for promoting an upcoming(hopefully epic) level/level series by a well-known(?) creator.
    Coming soon:

PSP:
    Back Down Under:
    http://www.lbpcentral.com/forums/sho...ack-Down-Under

PS3:
    Crane Capers(Survival Challenge)

PSN
    CyberSora

Oh God.... Please don't tell me RockSauron is working on the PSP side now.

Right back at it again. Voltergeist's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 468
    Overall activity: 29.0%
    PSN
    VoItergeist

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgamesh View Post
    Hmmm... my incredible detective skills have uncovered something about this image, linking it to a well-known existing member here... but I'm not sure what to make of it.
    Huh? My only idea was to see if whoever it was had a recognizable PB account, but no luck. Who do you mean?

Your First Group 10000 Experience Points 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points
    PSN
    Jirugameshi
    Blog Entries

No... I'm pretty sure RockSauron has nothing to do with this. Doesn't he already have like 5 huge projects underway anyway?

Oh God.... Please don't tell me RockSauron is working on the PSP side now.
    I don't think the PSP can handle peanuts. We can't even have global lighting!

Wanderer Trilogy

14. Thanks!

PSN
    CyberSora

Well, it's probably someone we haven't seen on LBPC yet. Doesn't CC ban people for having more than one account here? If someone tried to make another account for whatever reason (promotional or otherwise), they might get in banned by him.

PSN
    Jirugameshi
    Blog Entries

I don't know... that image DOES have the LBPC seal... maybe CC is in on it.

Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 83
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    Fastbro
    Blog Entries

Say what! This guy sounds like a nutcase if you ask me... Oh, I mean... welcome to LBPC!

18. Thanks!

Page 1 of 119 1 2 3 ... LastLast