BG1, PRELOAD BG2, PRELOAD

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Will LBP2 levels run on LBP1?

What will happen? Will the levels not show up. Will the levels not load stating its for lbp2. or will they run in a lower quality?

Probly stupid question but wot the hell.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 847
    Overall activity: 0%
    Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    robotiod
    Blog Entries

Short answer, no

no, i think they wont be there. maybe when lbp2 comes out you wouldnt be able to go online using lbp1 ?
    I do not H4H! If you're wondering how i got hearts without levels, it's because i HAD levels! Deleted them.
    Add me on PSN if you like! Onii55. Just tell me you're from LBPC.
    We could make levels together

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 158
    7 days registered 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points
    PSN
    gdn001
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Onii55 View Post
    no, i think they wont be there. maybe when lbp2 comes out you wouldnt be able to go online using lbp1 ?
    No, that would be unfair for those who still haven't bought LBP2. I say the LBP2 levels just won't appear or will appear as "LBP2 Only" levels.

Avi drawing by DarkieSoul. Sig drawing by TheZimInvader. Sig helicopter by McDonnell Douglas.

Programmer's Diary

HALLOWEEN CARNIVAL IS OUT psyntens's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 960
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    PSYNTENS
    Blog Entries

.......no :s

Put it back! Seriously! Junkyardassissan's Avatar
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 275
    7 days registered 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points Created Blog entry
    PSN
    junkyardassissan
    Blog Entries

I wouldn't think so as sony need's to make money
    THANKS TO BOOMY FOR THE AMAZING SIGNATURE. MAY HE GO IN PEACE.

Your First Group 5000 Experience Points 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points
    PSN
    robotiod
    Blog Entries

It aint really about money or anything like that, the new elements in both materials and tools have been made specifically with the new engine in mind and while porting the LBP1 stuff into LBP2 may not of been too difficult doing the same back likely is.

The other thing is that all of these tools would need to be patched into LBP1 which would be a massive patch which was the main reason for a sequel anyway.
    I don't really know how to say this properly but the fact is you want to play LBP2 buy LBP2 if you don't want to buy it, your loss.

If they patched LBP 1 to handle all the features in 2 what would be the point of releasing 2.

9. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by robotiod View Post
    It aint really about money or anything like that, the new elements in both materials and tools have been made specifically with the new engine in mind and while porting the LBP1 stuff into LBP2 may not of been too difficult doing the same back likely is.
    It's also about the money.

This statement is true.

11. Thanks!

PSN
    robotiod
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RockSauron View Post
    It's also about the money.
    true but yeah um.

Sackperson Sergeant Lord-Dreamerz's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 762
    7 days registered Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gdn001 View Post
    No, that would be unfair for those who still haven't bought LBP2. I say the LBP2 levels just won't appear or will appear as "LBP2 Only" levels.
    ZHaha ha! Sorry life is not always fair,
    its very old news but a year a go when lbp2 was still almost a rumor MM said
    when they make lbp2 a short while after its out we won't be able to go online LBP1
    no more. as for me i still beleve in this, MM said it will be to keep everyone in one game,
    it would be so boring when you go on lbp2 and your friends stayed on lbp1 because
    they feel they don't need lbp2 right now, so as for me it may seem heartless
    but i hope MM stays with what they said, i say no game lasts forever sometimes
    you just got to upgrade and go on, and if you can keep paying for your internet to go online
    you can sure as well pay for a new lbp copy sometime in your life even if it takes a while, *mew
    Last edited by Lord-Dreamerz; 08-08-2010 at 12:54 PM.
    ~Lets go on a fantastic ADVENTURE!~

Levels all have an ID of some sort. The LBP2 ID will be different and not readable by LBP1. You will pop LBP1 and see only the levels from LBP1. The game LBP2 will be able to recognise ALL levels.

15. Thanks!

Needs to play LBP2 again. kirbyman62's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 182
    Recommendation Second Class 1000 Experience Points 500 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 100 Experience Points
    PSN
    kirbyman62
    Blog Entries

Nope. I'm pretty sure they won't kill the LBP1 servers on the first day LBP2's released, I expect a lot of people will be playing LBP1 until the 25th of December. They'll probably consider it once the amount of levels being published drops to much lower than it is now.

Sackperson Sergeant Lord-Dreamerz's Avatar
    Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 762
    7 days registered Created Album pictures 100 Experience Points 250 Experience Points 30 days registered
    PSN
    fumetsusozo
    Blog Entries

Yoho~ Never said first day, im thinking 2 or 3 months
    then LBP1 will go down~
    ~Lets go on a fantastic ADVENTURE!~

Ultimate Trophy Hunter shadow3596's Avatar
    Level completed: 25%, Points required for next Level: 602

PSN
    shadow3596
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid-Coot View Post
    If they patched LBP 1 to handle all the features in 2 what would be the point of releasing 2.
    he's right what would be the point???
    Thanks to TheZimInvader for the FREAKING AWESOME AVATAR!
    And thanks to KoingWolf for the awesome sig!

I don't understand this question at all....so you're asking if LBP1 is going to be able to play LBP2 levels that include power ups like the grappling hook, direct control seat, power glove, vaccuum material, furry material, animated backrounds, animated costume, and tons of new content?

soooo what would be the point of buying LBP2 then?

idk sorry to say but this question has me brain dead as of now since i can't understand why you think it would be possible for all that content to be playable in LBP1 when the whole point of LBP2 was an upgrade of LBP1.....jus sayin

Quote Originally Posted by fumetsusozo View Post
    ZHaha ha! Sorry life is not always fair,
    its very old news but a year a go when lbp2 was still almost a rumor MM said
    when they make lbp2 a short while after its out we won't be able to go online LBP1
    no more. as for me i still beleve in this, MM said it will be to keep everyone in one game,
    it would be so boring when you go on lbp2 and your friends stayed on lbp1 because
    they feel they don't need lbp2 right now, so as for me it may seem heartless
    but i hope MM stays with what they said, i say no game lasts forever sometimes
    you just got to upgrade and go on, and if you can keep paying for your internet to go online
    you can sure as well pay for a new lbp copy sometime in your life even if it takes a while, *mew
    When rumors of a LBP2 were floating around, Mm also said that they would not be making a sequel as it would be "counterproductive".

21. Thanks!

Ahem... They will all be on the same server, but LBP2 levels will be un-viewable to lbp 1. sort of like locked levels. but NO lbp2 level will be forwards compatible with lbp 1, because engine, and game play, and core game code has been altered, so it would not load. that simple.

Also because it makes buying LBP2 almost useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by comishguy67 View Post
    Man...all this for the price of 60 bucks...MM is being ripped off.

Think of LBP1 and LBP2's levels as different languages. LBP2 is bi-lingual. LBP1, sadly, is not.

Add me on PSN: alexbull_uk
    Day one owner of LittleBigPlanet, LittleBigPlanet 2 (CE) and LittleBigPlanet Vita!
    LBP, LBP 2, LBP Vita & LBP Karting Beta Tester!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast